Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't get it (Throne Room of Fire)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
I have been trying to beat the Throne Room of Fire for some time, and figured that I needed another person to help.

However, it seems that whenever I come close, something goes wrong.

First time, I went in with two other people. The rest of my group finished the fights while I stuck fighting some Krokomummies. The messages still came to me, and I find out that the rest of the group finished the boss fights.

One of the messages said to meet Professor Winthrop in the Altar of Kings, so I thought the quest was finished. When I got there though, the question mark was still silver. I concluded that to finish the quest, I had to kill both bosses along with someone else.

The second time, someone I had as a friend asked me to help. Sure, I said. It seemed to go well until the last fight, I got defeated. I asked for healing, and he said 'no'. 'No' as in you cannot, or 'no' as in you don't want to? I couldn't ask him that question, since he stopped taking my messages.

So, my options are do it myself or bug Level 10+ Life Wizards to quest with me (and I am not sure what I can do if they get defeated). I am still trying to finish it myself, and still getting defeated. Are there other options?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
taratemima wrote:
I have been trying to beat the Throne Room of Fire for some time, and figured that I needed another person to help.

First time, I went in with two other people. The rest of my group finished the fights while I stuck fighting some Krokomummies. The messages still came to me, and I find out that the rest of the group finished the boss fights.

One of the messages said to meet Professor Winthrop in the Altar of Kings, so I thought the quest was finished. When I got there though, the question mark was still silver. I concluded that to finish the quest, I had to kill both bosses along with someone else.

The second time, someone I had as a friend asked me to help. Sure, I said. It seemed to go well until the last fight, I got defeated. I asked for healing, and he said 'no'. 'No' as in you cannot, or 'no' as in you don't want to? I couldn't ask him that question, since he stopped taking my messages.

So, my options are do it myself or bug Level 10+ Life Wizards to quest with me (and I am not sure what I can do if they get defeated). I am still trying to finish it myself, and still getting defeated. Are there other options?

1) You should be able to do this solo when you get to this point. Perhaps you need to reconsider your deck construction?
2) You can always post a time (make sure you say which timezone), realm and meeting place, and some people will usually show if you name a reasonable time.
3) Use a henchman. The lvl 50 now is on sale for only 38 crowns (under 8 cents). He will usually attack the first round to draw the foe's attention. I have also seen them throw absorbs, sprites, and unicorns.

I'd also like to express how sorry I am you ended up in that second battle with a selfish player who didn't have the maturity to heal you.

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
I beat it with a owerful friend a few days ago. Try going to the Commons and say youre quest. Maybe a level 50 for someone will help you out.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
After 4 more tries, getting some new spells, and redoing my card deck (more on waiting for 4-pip spells, more use of treasure cards, and less regular cards that do not help much), I beat the Throne Room of Fire.

Now to do some tasks for Shalek the Wise. :)

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
taratemima wrote:

I can help you some time! I am not done with it. Reply to my message with a time and date!

Grace UnicornHorn

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
taratemima wrote:

what you have to do is get friends to help you and bring a healer with you i beat the place in my first try 8)

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
I did it solo get some healing treasure cards and some minion cards and you might pass the throne room of fire.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
nearly the SAME thing happened to me!
i beat Manu and Krokenkahmen with a couple friends, and prof winthrop told me to meet him in altar of kings.
I tele'd out to the oasis and went to him in the altar, and i talked to him, but he said for me to meet him in the map room, so i went there, and he told me to beat Manu. i got really mad, but i asked my friends to help me, but they were both busy doing quests at the Krokosphinx. so, i just quit.

Ever happen to anyone else?

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
I just am super bad at that place. Level 20 necro, i go in there and just bam ... i get around 10 turns in against manu, and BAM ... Uh, hello, you have reached The Oasis.
I hate the days. It's happened twice ... and i've tryed twice.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I was a lvl 16 death wizard and my friend who was a life wizard had finished the throne room of fire on our first try i killed krokenkhamen and the house gaurd and he killed krokomummy it was easy maybe you should try using some death spells or maybe you should buy some treasure cards in the bazaar or the libraries in wizard city or in krokotopia :-) :-)