Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maximum # of Characters - Why 6?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
There is only allowed to be 6 maximum characters per account.

Why are there 7 different schools then (no I didn't count wrong)?
1 Storm
2 Fire
3 Ice
4 Myth
5 Death
6 Life
7 Balance

It only seems reasonable to me that there should be 7 characters maximum per account...

So...why is it that only 6 are allowed? Is there something unreasonable about 7?

Amber Pixiefountain, life 50
Amber Goldleaf, myth 50
Amber Willowleaf, balance 50
Amber Moon, storm 50
...going to be a fire, and since there isn't 7 spaces...
...either a death or ice...

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I have often wondered why there are only 6 spaces with 7 schools available. I would love to have one of the professors answer this question. It would be such fun to have a wizard representing each school. And to accomplish this without having to purchase another subscription would be lovely. Or, could this be the underlying answer to this question?
Sign me,
Another student questioning
an obvious inequity in this game.
Elizabeth Dreamweaver-Grandmaster Sorcerer
Elizabeth Dreamcatcher- Grandmaster Theurgist
Elizabeth Dreambringer - Master Conjurer
Elizabeth Dreamgiver - Adept Pyromancer
Elizabeth Dreamtaker - Apprentice Necromancer
Elizabeth Dreamrider - Apprentice of Ice (Always forget this one!)

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
The problem is, even if you start a second subscription, the character(s) on that account will not have access to the Shared Bank of your primary account.

This is a big, big problem. :(

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Sparklemancer wrote:
The problem is, even if you start a second subscription, the character(s) on that account will not have access to the Shared Bank of your primary account.

This is a big, big problem. :(

Yes, and there really SHOULD be a family(account) shared bank for all items(including reagents & treasure cards as well.)

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
I'd actually love to be able to create a 7th wizard myself. I just recently finished making my 5th and 6th characters, in order to clean out my shared banks cause of the school specific tradeable gear my other characters have been winning and can't use...

Unfortunately, when coming to that last slot? I had to choose between Balance and Myth. So I simply flipped a coin, since I couldn't actually choose which one I'd prefer. Especially since I wanted both anyways.

In the end, I had to get rid of a bunch of Balance gear that my other characters had won in-game. It would have been nice to be allowed to have all the schools so that hard choice hadn't had to be made.

I feel kind of 'incomplete' simply cause I wanted a character from each school as is. And it isn't like there's not room in the classroom...Because whichever character you're playing, they leave an empty seat that could be used for that 7th slot.

Not to mention, whatever character you're playing with? When you log off of the game, they remain standing there till you click on another character to play with.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
There is only allowed to be 6 maximum characters per account.

Why are there 7 different schools then (no I didn't count wrong)?
1 Storm
2 Fire
3 Ice
4 Myth
5 Death
6 Life
7 Balance

It only seems reasonable to me that there should be 7 characters maximum per account...

So...why is it that only 6 are allowed? Is there something unreasonable about 7?

Amber Pixiefountain, life 50
Amber Goldleaf, myth 50
Amber Willowleaf, balance 50
Amber Moon, storm 50
...going to be a fire, and since there isn't 7 spaces...
...either a death or ice...

I know, it seems as if they would be reasonable. I think they probably want you to have to make ANOTHER account to be able to go farther to a 7th character.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
IamLezul,

I am pretty confident that forcing the player to create a 2nd account is not KingsIsle's main intention...

But then again, paying for one account is enough for me to do (I am not an adult, so in order for a membership, I use my own money, but my parents still have control of that)...trying to pay for a 2nd, only because I wanted one more character...Wow...That's a bit far. My parents probably wouldn't agree.

KingsIsle, it would not hurt to add a 7th character to each account...It could only benefit your players.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
IamLezul,

I am pretty confident that forcing the player to create a 2nd account is not KingsIsle's main intention...

But then again, paying for one account is enough for me to do (I am not an adult, so in order for a membership, I use my own money, but my parents still have control of that)...trying to pay for a 2nd, only because I wanted one more character...Wow...That's a bit far. My parents probably wouldn't agree.

KingsIsle, it would not hurt to add a 7th character to each account...It could only benefit your players.

It may not be but they would want you to subscribe so they get cash.

Delver
May 31, 2009
you have touched on a sore subject, even more so now because 3 more schools are opening up this summer. you are not alone in wanting to play more characters without giving up old favorites.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
It is my guess that Kingsisle did this solely to make a quick buck. While not everyone would, I know people who have created another account and subscribed to it just to get that last character.

If they subscribe for a year, thats $120 (or $60 if the year subscription was on sale) that Kingsisle just made off of the same person twice. 10 people do this, that's $1,200 (or $600). 1000 people do this, which is likely since there are so many people who play, that's $12,000 (or $6,000)

It's likely that even more people than that have done this. I don't see them changing this anytime soon. Every subscription they get is more money in their pockets. That's business, whether you like it or not.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
These are secondary only schools
mpetersen68 wrote:
you have touched on a sore subject, even more so now because 3 more schools are opening up this summer. you are not alone in wanting to play more characters without giving up old favorites.

But yes I would LOVE this! I am always asking myself "Balance or myth balance or myth. Myth or balance myth or balance. BALANCE :D ! NO WAIT MYTH >.<!" back and forth. I am dreading my decisions now. And if they did this, players would play longer sense they have another character to work on without paying extra. So they'd bee paying for an extra couple of months. And creating another account means not being able to trade items i find between them. And i'm pretty sure some people are asking the same question of this school or that school, and it's probably ruining their fun too v_v