Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plan vs Pass - Which is REALLY cheaper????

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
I was simply wondering what it would cost if you were to purchase all areas of the spiral so you would have entire access to the game. What I mean by cost is not the amount of crowns but the $$ amount ( general idea ). I know that the price will vary by the amount of crowns you purchase at one time but I guess what I am getting at is if you were to buy mass crowns at one time so you can buy all areas at one time in the cheapest manner possible, then compare that to the 1 year fee ( which I know also changes ) but is also the cheapest way to get long amounts of time on game. How much time would have to go by before you would you would have been better off purchasing areas through crowns. I know this isn't the best worded question in the world but I know that most of you out there know exactly what I am getting at..
Is anyone up to maybe trying to figure this out?

Thanks!

Administrator
Subscriptions purchase you TIME within the game.
Crowns purchase you AREAS within the game.

You can find a list of the prices of all the areas here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/areapricing

which totals 59760 Crowns for all areas (but excludes Ranked PvP Matches)

Wizard City: 3 000
Grizzleheim: 9 975
Krokotopia: 11 985
Marleybone: 12 000
MooShu: 12 000
Dragonspyre: 10 800

We sell a block of 60 000 Crowns for $80
Our regular price for an annual subscription is $79.95
Our sale price for an annual subscription is $60.

It all depends on how you play the game.

If you're going to burn your way through everything in a month or two, playing 5 hours or more a day, then going for a month to month subscription makes the most sense.

If you're only going to play a few hours a week, and will skip weeks at a time, then paying by area makes the most sense for you, as you only pay for the areas you are accessing at that time.

Hope that helps, but ultimately the decision is yours. Determine your payment method based on how you play the game.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Great breakdown! Ok that answers my question entirely!! The reason I believe I am better off with a 1 year plan is because even though I am worse then the guy who plays 5 hours a day ( 8 or more usually for me ) you don't get the ranked PvP with the passes. I want all access. Not to mention I don't mind making a new wizard once I have finished with my current one. I hope many people read this before making their purchases because this is the most "to the point" post I have seen yet! Maybe you could make it stick to the top of the forum eh?

Thanks again Professor,

Matthew Lifegiver 50
Abigail Firewielder 45

P.S. For those of you who say that I should have more then 2 wizards playing this much I took a very very long break ( 9 months ) due to financial problems...