Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I start my secondary classes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Life School is my major how do I start or even pick a minor and I am interested it. I heard Heard Professor Ambrose talk about but how do I start it

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I'm a life student myself(lvl 32) and liked the way fire attacked. That was that,I was soon studying in fire. You need to have some training points.(you can buy some from Lincoln) Then look around at the schools. I liked fire because it had some powerful spells that you learn early.(like wildfire) Most lifes go to the death school(also has healing)but others go to the rest of the schools. It's your choice,but be wise with what you choose.

Emily Rainsword lvl32 magus life

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You need training points. Spells from your school will be learned for free. However, spells from the other 6 schools will require the use of training points. When you have training points, you can go to any of the other 6 teachers and learn a spell from them.

You cannot buy training points from Mr. Lincoln. You can buy back the training points you used, but you also lose the spells you purchased with those training points.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
PandorasBox2009 wrote:
Life School is my major how do I start or even pick a minor and I am interested it. I heard Heard Professor Ambrose talk about but how do I start it

You can go to Ravenwood and visit all the different schools (and the temp Balance and Death Teaching Assistants) and hit the 'x' for interaction, and then run your cursor over the spells. In doing this, you can see the spell cards.

I would suggest going for only one or two schools. You should also know that you will probably never really use the higher pip spells in secondary school, so maybe go for a max of 5-6 talent points in each school.

Life should also look at the level 20 spirit trap and level 25 spirit blade from Niles the Balalnce tree in Krok.

My favorite secondaries for Life are Death to Feint and Ice to Tower Shield, plus the two spells from Niles.

Why: Feint gives a 70% boost to life damage spells. I find this necessary in DS as after Centaur you get no more damge inflicting spells. At lower levels, when you are not gaining power pips, Ghoul is nice, and when you hit Krok, Vampire is nice until you finally get the 4-pip life damage spell... Ice also has some nice lower level spells when you are not gaining power pips and Tower is a good general defense spell.