Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 helped me with school!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Now I was in math today and we had a pop quiz pre test on percents! SO when I was doing the problems I imagined I had a spell with such and such % accuracy then a buff either added or subtracted percents! I was the only one that got an A on the test and now I have a A+ in Math thanks Wizard 101!
(Also My professor Moolinda Wu a almost all the problems had 90% being added and subtracted and almost all Life Spells are 90% accuracy!)

Thomas EarthStrider
LIFE FOR LIFE

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:
Now I was in math today and we had a pop quiz pre test on percents! SO when I was doing the problems I imagined I had a spell with such and such % accuracy then a buff either added or subtracted percents! I was the only one that got an A on the test and now I have a A+ in Math thanks Wizard 101!
(Also My professor Moolinda Wu a almost all the problems had 90% being added and subtracted and almost all Life Spells are 90% accuracy!)

Thomas EarthStrider
LIFE FOR LIFE

Glad that it helped you. I don't know how your school teaches it but let me help you a little bit as well. The way I always did it was to think of it like this!

100% = 1
50% = .50
1% = .01

Then when you convert the percentage to a decimal just do the math.

For example ( and I know this is easy but it is an example )

( 100% of 5 = y ) so ( 1 x 5 = 5 )

( 50% of 5 = x ) so ( .50 x 5 = 2.50 )

( 1% of 5 = z ) so ( .01 x 5 = .05 )

This always helped me and these three examples should allow you to be able to convert any percentage (%) into a decimal and then just multiply to find your answer.
If you have any other problems with math Post another message. I would love nothing more then to help you. Maybe even if Wizard101 wouldn't mind creating a homework thread with each subject under it and everyone can work together to teach!
Oh yea and LIFE DOES ROCK!!

Matthew Lifegiver Grandmaster Life - Master of Nature 8)