Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can`t we buy Level 50 Gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
It's already easy enough to get level 50 gear. Buying it would take the fun right out of it.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
that's a good question... or maybe how can we earn level 50 gears?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Because 50 gear is high and very good gear. You need to earn it.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
It's already easy enough to get level 50 gear. Buying it would take the fun right out of it.

EASY?????

You must be from LUCK-O-TOPIA !

I have two grandmasters, one death and one balance.

On my death character it took at least 16-20 attempts to get each level 50 item.

On my Balance it took 25-30, and Kraysys never did give up his item.
I fought him over 75 times and finally gave up!

Wish we could buy the gear. Good compromise could be that after 15 tries or so to get the gear we are allowed to buy it.

Thoughts anyone?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I farmed Kraysys on my death GM for my hat (leveling a balance wiz). I think I got it on my 7th try, which isn't that bad. Especially when you consider that it was with a death wiz.

Getting level 50 gear isn't hard. Getting the RIGHT level 50 gear is a little tougher. I have an extra pair of death boots that I'd rather trade for balance, and the 50 life robe from Malistaire has been sitting in my shared bank so long that moths have probably eaten it up. I'd have more spare gear, and more gear for the schools I actually have wizards in, if I could find people who run Malistaire more. The in-game friend system really leaves something to be desired, so it's not like I can just drop a line to a random person.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
cmullins wrote:
possumman14 wrote:

EASY?????

On my death character it took at least 16-20 attempts to get each level 50 item.

Wish we could buy the gear. Good compromise could be that after 15 tries or so to get the gear we are allowed to buy it.

Thoughts anyone?

Well, I guess I am from luck-o-topia because i got all my 50 gear before i even turned 50. AND on my first try! (except malistaire was my second)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
because its for lvl 50 only duh! you dont wanna be hoggin' all of the lvl 50 gear even though it lvl 50 ONLY! you would look like this if you could buy all the lvl gear you want,

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Well if you did not want to make another wizard to go through all the quests again, and you had the option to purchase level 50 gear, what more of a challenge do you have? Farming is a main part of the game. Even if it's annoying at times.

Amber Pixiefountain life 50
Amber Goldleaf myth 50
Amber Willowleaf balance 50
Amber Moon storm 50
Amber Flame fire 12
(:

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
I farmed Kraysys on my death GM for my hat (leveling a balance wiz). I think I got it on my 7th try, which isn't that bad. Especially when you consider that it was with a death wiz.

Getting level 50 gear isn't hard. Getting the RIGHT level 50 gear is a little tougher. I have an extra pair of death boots that I'd rather trade for balance, and the 50 life robe from Malistaire has been sitting in my shared bank so long that moths have probably eaten it up. I'd have more spare gear, and more gear for the schools I actually have wizards in, if I could find people who run Malistaire more. The in-game friend system really leaves something to be desired, so it's not like I can just drop a line to a random person.

I agree, I finally got to beat Malistair and won a level 50 garment but, it's myth, I'm storm. I guess I will put it in my shared bank. Still not too sure how that works but it is fun to explore.

Good luck,
Destiny ShadowFriend

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
you can't buy leve 50 gear because you need to kill a boss and earn it because my friend is a grandmaster death and earned his level 50 gear from a boss

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Did you know that you can also get drops on other characters and pass it down, that is how I got my myth level 50 Gurtok athame and my myth is only level 5. :P

I have 2 grandmasters. Well now I'm working in the Aussie bush, 3 days a week and going to school. I have no time and I do not feel like playing much. I get on now when I can. Love the environment and fresh air so who needs Wizard101 when you already wearing boots killing weeds. ROFL :D

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
cmullins wrote:
possumman14 wrote:

EASY?????

Thoughts anyone?

Well, I guess I am from luck-o-topia because i got all my 50 gear before i even turned 50. AND on my first try! (except malistaire was my second)

lol. On my myth grand i got amulet, hat, and robe on the first try (without even trying to get them i had quests or helping people with malistare ^-^)
I also got stuff for my other characters.

Anywho, it would defeat the purpose to just buy the gear, (coming from a guy who took forever to get his boots, ring, and athame, still working on getting deck). But still it would feel like you didn't achieve anything.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009

I agree with all of you, it would take the fun out of beating malistair for fun, plus it would probably cost about 100,000 gold... I'm really not opposed to being able to buy it, but it would just take the fun out of it lol

Survivor
May 22, 2009
hi i'm lvl 49, and i think i'm about at the end of the crucible i'm ice to so lets get to the question WHERE AND HOW DO I GET LVL 50 GEAR!!!!!!!

thx, alex icehammer lvl 49 (close to 50)

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
Hi i wanted to know why if your in high lvls like in the 20s why cant you by lvl 50 gear i dont get that at all.Why is it like that

sicerly Ian Dragonblood lvl26

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
you win lvl 50 gear from malistaire and other bosses. you can get crowns to buy wands at te wand shop. everyone will get the dragonrider staff it does a 100 damage.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
allxr1 wrote:
you win lvl 50 gear from malistaire and other bosses. you can get crowns to buy wands at te wand shop. everyone will get the dragonrider staff it does a 100 damage.

I have a 50 death i defeated Malistaire a few times. I do it with a myth that is lvl 50. to went threw it and still doesnt drop i think you should be able to buy some of it? :D

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
whitesox321 wrote:
Hi i wanted to know why if your in high lvls like in the 20s why cant you by lvl 50 gear i dont get that at all.Why is it like that

Dude, you'll understand once you get there. And its wayy too early for you adepts to be reading Dragonspyre posts when you dont know much about it at all.

Anyway, it is very special gear with lots of resist, damage, a special school-only card, and for certain schools, accuracy. It needs to be won because it is the best gear for your school you can get. It would be wayy too easy to buy it. It needs to be worked off. You cant just go out buying 50 gear.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
whitesox321 wrote:

Not to be mean but high level is definitly not 20's. second you cant buy level fifty gear cause that would be easy. and third you spelled sincerely wrong

Hero
May 27, 2009
I'm willing to bet that if they level cap is ever raised past 50, you'll see vendors selling level 50 gear - because there will be newer items to farm for, and newer levels to reward. We'll just have to wait and see.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
I'm willing to bet that if they level cap is ever raised past 50, you'll see vendors selling level 50 gear - because there will be newer items to farm for, and newer levels to reward. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yah, but for now, anyway.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Level 50 gear is from Malistaire.

Hope that helped.

-Eric Drake,Conjurer,Son to Drakes