Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Recurring Billing Date?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I know all about the billing details but there is one small piece of information missing that is very important to many people when it comes to recurring billing on their bank accounts:

What day does the billing recur?

Yes I know about time span of the different plans so that isn't the issue.

Example:

If I signed up as a member on the 15th day of the month will my bank account be billed on the 15th of next month or will it occur when the first of the month arrives which would be a half a month span of time?

So the question is: If you signed up for a month, are you billed on a one month basis on that same day next month or do they bill all accounts at the beginning of the month regardless of what day of the month they signed up?

Like If I signed up on the 15th then get billed on the 1st to the 1st to the 1st...

or

Like if I signed up on the 15th and I am billed on the 15th to the 15th to the 15th.

This is important to know. I can't find this information listed anywhere but yet knowing this helps avoid BANK OVERDRAFT FEES.

Administrator
Thank you very much for asking this question!

If you subscribe on the 15th of the month, it will renew on the 15th of each month (or whatever interval you opted for) thereafter until cancelled.

i.e. monthly plan - subscribed 2/15/10, will renew on 3/15, 4/15, etc.
6 month plan - subscribed 2/15/10, will renew on 8/15/10, 2/15/10, etc.

3 IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:

1. There's usually a "float" of a day or few between a transaction being done and it showing up on a bank statement (which is what gets some folks in a jam).

2. You can cancel at ANY TIME prior to the renewal date (please don't wait until the day of) and retain full access until the end of the current paid term.

3. If you have a family group, since each account has it's own subscription, it will bill on it's own date. So, if they were NOT subscribed together, you could potentially have an account billing on date X and another billing on day Y (if you need to have them all together, cancel them, then re-subscribe them together when they've all expired).

HANDY TRICK:

If you'd like to ensure only a 1 month subscription, you have a few options to implement!

1. Subscribe as you did originally, then right after receipt of the email subscription confirmation, just go back in and "cancel" - it's a pre-paid plan, so you'll retain full access through the current paid term.
2. Purchase a Wizard101 gift card & redeem it for a month's subscription (<a href="http://www.wizard101.com/giftcard" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.wizard101.com/giftcard</a>) - that gets a pet too!
3. Go to the wizard101 home page & click on "gift" - you can email a gift certificate (added bonus, no chance of unexpected renewals & removes any association between billings & credits).
4. Purchase crowns & redeem them for access passes - they never, ever expire or renew!

As always, send me a ticket if you have specific (personal) account questions!

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
OK, great, thanks. I'll go ahead and unsubscribe and then I'll resubscribe on a day when there will be no problem with funds on the bank account.

I hope I get to keep my crowns, gold and items during that short time that I use the free?

Administrator
My dear student,

Never fear! When an account reverts to a Free Trial status, nothing is lost (all character data, gold, crowns, outfits, levels, mounts, etc. remains intact). The ONLY thing that changes is where you can venture in the Spiral. Free Trial status just limits you to the early areas of Wizard City and your house.

The retention of character data (& existing subscription status) also applies if you ever have to uninstall/reinstall Wizard101 from your computer or you get a new computer and want to install it for the first time. Just be sure to use your original account username & password (don't make a new account for a new install)!