Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solo Realm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Hello fellow wizards. Latley, I have been encountering a lot of annoying wizards during my play time. Here's what they'll do: 1: Join your battle 2: Attract another enemie 3: Flee. I know I sound extreamly anti-social but this really bugs me because I tend to keep minimal spells in my deck and I wind up running out because of this. How does that help someones social skills? That just makes them think that everyone is totally annoying. I just can't stand this. It ALWAYS happens, even when I'm in the least crowded realms! And most of the time, it's people without Text Chat which makes it even worse. You can't tell them anything. They know nothing.

My name is Blaze, I'm a level 49 Master Pyromancer and you will find me in DragonSpyre in one of the least crowded realms

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Kanitae wrote:
Hello fellow wizards. Latley, I have been encountering a lot of annoying wizards during my play time. Here's what they'll do: 1: Join your battle 2: Attract another enemie 3: Flee. I know I sound extreamly anti-social but this really bugs me because I tend to keep minimal spells in my deck and I wind up running out because of this. How does that help someones social skills? That just makes them think that everyone is totally annoying. I just can't stand this. It ALWAYS happens, even when I'm in the least crowded realms! And most of the time, it's people without Text Chat which makes it even worse. You can't tell them anything. They know nothing.

My name is Blaze, I'm a level 49 Master Pyromancer and you will find me in DragonSpyre in one of the least crowded realms

I think it would be great to have a solo realm. I have the same problems as you, though it seems to often be people with regular or open chat as well who jump into battle. It's not even that I keep too few spells in my deck, but sometimes I discard what I don't need as I go, so someone jumping in and adding another enemy might be one more than I was counting on having to hit. And at those higher levels, where there is already so much set-up required, it can really mess up your strategy and rhythm.

I have suggested them locking battles before so others can't join either without asking and you agreeing to them joining, or just locking them after a certain amount of time/rounds. I hate people who come in and join a boss fight on the last turn or so...just so they can try to get "lucky" with a drop they didn't even earn since they were not there from the beginning. I also don't like when they do it with regular mobs, but I am not ignorant as to why they seem to do it most when it's a boss. I call this both inconsiderate and LAZY.

I also hate it even more when someone jumps in and brings in a creature you didn't need to fight. It really is a waste of time when this happens. The least these people could do is to look to see what is coming before just jumping in.

Also, in the higher level realms, with so very many monsters and such huge streets in DS; why is it that they always have to jump into YOUR circle when there are plenty of monsters and plenty of room for them to get their own? This thought boggles my mind.
I soloed most of this game many times over, so they should be able to do the same.

But a solo realm would also be a nice idea if they can figure out some way to keep others out of your battles in that realm only.

I wish more people were at least considerate enough to ask before joining, but most aren't and we can't change that. So any alternative to being forced into a battle with extra people and monsters we didn't count on would be a great thing!

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
I agree, I have a lvl 50 myth, I also hate it when I get caught in a wizard city fight, all the people kill steal and if you're going to do a spell that will kill the enemies in one hit then everyone before you do something so the creature is dead or almost dead when it gets to you.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I dont think i have had that happen to me, but i know i would be very mad if someone did that to me. I dont get why people have to be such jerks.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
You all sound like you are older players, that said you must remember this is a kids game and alot of them don't think before jumping in. I know from watching my son and my daughter play that you have to remind them to fill up on mana and life before jumping in. A lot of kids don't check, relize they will die and just flee the battle.

Blaze you are level 49 if you are walking around with your spell deck that light then you need to add more spells. Things go wrong in drgonspyre, you walking around with that light of deck is your fault, not the people who jump in and flee.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Awesome idea I agree totally, I mean, it's not like i dont like the cool idea of talking to people in real life, but sometimes there are just too many people and i get itched and i say things i regret ... :( thats how i lost my friend, because it was WAY too crowded and he thought i was talking to him .... cool idea :D MadelineLionRider lvl 50 Life