Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New crafting idea (extra reagents?)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Problem: Crafting in wizard 101 is, in my opinion, quite understated.
In many other MMORPGs crafting is a major part of the game.
However in wizard 101, crafting is... i dont want to say pointless, but nobody really spends any time on it. It can be EXTREMELY fun :-)

Currently: Well I know at least on my characters i have a total of at least 250 extra non-buyable reagents, and thats all from Wizard City and Krokotopia. Now what could i currently do with them? I could sell them for 7 gold a pop, OR make items that are totally worthless to me. There isnt much else that I can do.

Solution: I was just looking at my many pages of reagents and said "UG 90% of these are worthless" and then it hit me. What if I could break these things up into tiny little pieces all worth the same amount and use them for something fun :-D or usefull. We could use those pieces to craft something HUGE like a giant shiny tree and put it on display at our castles, that only get more glorious the more we add on. Or we could buy something that requires massive amounts of reagents and when we finish it we get some rockin' pet or something. Or maybe even use what used to be my useless mist wood, cat tails, and deep mushrooms (on my level 20) and break them up into something that could build another something that just might have no usefull function at all but would look great as decoration?

My main point is nothing in a game should be useless. Like obselete reagents in a backpack. And nobody playing goes out of their way to get them. So why not just up the function of the crafting and make it a little more worthwhile.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Albinoryno wrote:
However in wizard 101, crafting is... i dont want to say pointless, but nobody really spends any time on it. It can be EXTREMELY fun :-)

Currently: Well I know at least on my characters i have a total of at least 250 extra non-buyable reagents, and thats all from Wizard City and Krokotopia. Now what could i currently do with them? I could sell them for 7 gold a pop, OR make items that are totally worthless to me. There isnt much else that I can do.

Solution: I was just looking at my many pages of reagents and said "UG 90% of these are worthless" and then it hit me. What if I could break these things up into tiny little pieces all worth the same amount and use them for something fun :-D or usefull. We could use those pieces to craft something HUGE like a giant shiny tree and put it on display at our castles, that only get more glorious the more we add on. Or we could buy something that requires massive amounts of reagents and when we finish it we get some rockin' pet or something. Or maybe even use what used to be my useless mist wood, cat tails, and deep mushrooms (on my level 20) and break them up into something that could build another something that just might have no usefull function at all but would look great as decoration?

My main point is nothing in a game should be useless. Like obselete reagents in a backpack. And nobody playing goes out of their way to get them. So why not just up the function of the crafting and make it a little more worthwhile.
Sorry but no,please no i am sick of regants! i could of got a malistare shirt but what do i get? a diamond . I know i didn't take the time to like crafting but 7 gold? what can i do with that?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Albinoryno wrote:

Sorry but no,please no i am sick of regants! i could of got a malistare shirt but what do i get? a diamond . I know i didn't take the time to like crafting but 7 gold? what can i do with that?

7 gold A PEICE! (diamonds are worth WAY more) say you have 113 of it, that means...113x7...791 gold!