Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Bugged!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I think balance accuracy has to be bugged. I cannot come up with any better explaination. I have three grandmasters. A life, storm, and balance. So I know all about playing the entire game with great accuracy, poor accuracy, & balance accuracy. At first I thought it was just me having poor luck when I was an initiate balance. As I grew in level the accuracy was still not looking like 85%. I asked many of my other balance friends if they noticed anything odd with our accuracy and fizzle rate. The ones who only had a balance character said no not really. However, everyone else who had more than just thier balance character to compare this to agreed with me with the accuracy seeming off. :x
My storm doesn't even seem to fizzle was much as balance. I think that the balance cards are actually mislabeled. Just like feint still reads 70% & 70% however it really gives 30% 70%. My opinion is that balance shows 85% but actually plays 75%

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Your darn tooten Balance is Bugged.

I blame it on all those pvpers complaining about Balance as being unfair in the arena! Now Balance is even more unplayable from a soloist point of
view. :(

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
Your darn tooten Balance is Bugged.

I blame it on all those pvpers complaining about Balance as being unfair in the arena! Now Balance is even more unplayable from a soloist point of
view. :(
wow ok my friend i dont feel is was so much that balance so called unfair in the arena and its not just balance that fizzles more its all schools when i leveled my myth up i fizzle just like a storm people in the game would say something to me about it i have seen many life fizzle at the arena i think they did it to make it somewhat more fair for everyone most of all for all the storms out there all i can say to do is go buy some keen eyes and make you lord or judgments and then its no where as bad that what i do scot deathhammer

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
If you really want to argue that balance is bugged for accuracy, collect some data. Keep a tally of how many casts you make and how many of them are fizzles. I can say that I haven't noticed a problem on my balance wizard, but I don't cast 85% spells very often. I don't have the data to argue either way on this issue.

While I'd have to get out a statistics book to tell you how many casts to count, I can tell you it will be many. Anyone have the statistics skills to answer this?

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I am having the same problem with my death gm as well as balance plz explain why thnx

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
/ i am myth lv 46 and my entire time i think WE ALL FIZZLE ... right at the good time of a battle but thats what makes the game fun

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
... ok im lvl 46 Myth :P...i have bin in this game for a little grip but. i came to notice ...WE ALL FIZZLE... but in pvp ya its in the bolt that fizzles the best

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Kadince07 wrote:
... ok im lvl 46 Myth :P...i have bin in this game for a little grip but. i came to notice ...WE ALL FIZZLE... but in pvp ya its in the bolt that fizzles the best

I agree we all fizzle, but i say the bolters have a uncanny sense of not fizzling when i am fighting them ._.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
I starter playing this game in August of 2008. I have several grand masters including balance, myth and fire. I also have a level 48 storm and death, as well as a level 38 life and a level 15 ice. My wife and children also have several wizards in different stages of the game. I definitely see a difference in the fizzle rate of my balance wizard. It seems to have only happened in the last few months. I do not do arena much anymore, but I do spend some time in the grandmaster tower (probably average once a day). I will bring my myth in before my balance because of the fizzle rate. When my storm is ready I will bring that in before balance also. Some have speculated that it is so people will buy accuracy potions. I do not buy into that idea, but something is off and it has made my balance wizard less fun to play. I do not have data to offer, only my experience and my opinion. Some may be skeptical of this but until someone offers me data to show me differently I will hold my position, something is wrong with balance's accuracy.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
scorch68 wrote:
If you really want to argue that balance is bugged for accuracy, collect some data. Keep a tally of how many casts you make and how many of them are fizzles. I can say that I haven't noticed a problem on my balance wizard, but I don't cast 85% spells very often. I don't have the data to argue either way on this issue.

While I'd have to get out a statistics book to tell you how many casts to count, I can tell you it will be many. Anyone have the statistics skills to answer this?

I've been tracking this for the past week or so since I saw this thread. I had always wondered a bit why my 85% spells always appeared to fizzle.

Test Methodology:
I'm in the middle of trying to get my boots from Snowcrusher. For the past several weeks, that has been the majority of my time. Each time I cast an 85% spell (such as Judgment) I make a mark in one column. Every time it succeeds, I mark another column.

I am changing realms quite often as I have preferred to fight Snowcrusher and his Gallium buddy on my own. However, I have also spent several hours non-stop wth a group in the same realm, so the testing should not be influenced by a particular piece of server hardware. However, without knowing the back-end infrastructure that KingsIsle uses, I can not control this factor.

The Results:
Of 190 85% Balance spells, most of them being wither Weakness, Judgment, or Power Nova, I have the following:
100 successes
90 failures

This is a success rate of %52.63 (success/total*100 -> (100/190)*100)

While this is one test, it does begin to provide some data.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
I agree with all about Balance being bugged. I have only been playing since september, but I am a lvl 42, in the beginning being balance was great. I loved the school and the challenge of balance (takes longer to learn) but the last couple of months I have noticed that certain spells that have hardly ever fizzled in the past are now fizzling a lot more often. It has gotten to the point that I am frustrated enough to leave balance and find another school or leave the game altogether. I figured it was a bug and have been waiting for it to be fixed; if it isn't corrected soon I will delete the character and start over or quit altogether. I know that we all fizzle but I am not supposed to fizzle as much as my storm friends. In my wizard world Balance should be able fight on their own without getting defeated every other time and be able to help the teams that they fight with. Right now I am bearly able to do either, and I have spent alot to get the percentages up by purchasing best clothes for each level that I reach The way that I look at it if I can't enjoy the game the way I did I am not going to continue to invest money into it.

Really Frustrated,
Morgan D.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Oh good, it's not just me that thinks this. I compare playing my balance wiz to my death wiz, where both schools have the same base success rate of 85%. My balance wiz hits MUCH less often than my death wiz, to the point where it's frustrating. It's hard enough soloing to 50 as balance with normal accuracy issues. The way it is now makes you want to pull your hair out.

It's hard going from the best solo class to the worst, but it stings more when you know you're getting bent over from the shadows.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I just wanted to say "thank you" to Baker1384 for taking the time to do that. I was going to do that, but work and school have kept me very busy recently. Like another player posted, I didn't have the data, I just had the experience of having other chacaters I frequently played to compare to.
I would really like if KingsIsle could look into this.

If there is something up with the accuracy rate, having grand balance clothes with no accuracy increase currently hurts us.

I didn't ask this question based off my experience in the arena only. I don't get to pvp too often. I meant with balance spells all together.

The arena commander gear though seems to be the only thing that to pick up our accuracy to just normal levels (or 85% labeled card levels).

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I know it is bugged and it is bugging me!
Why did those pvpplayers have to complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
if it helps i also have bean having trouble and yes they might have made a mistake. they probably will fix it in a bit

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Um.... you do realize that you people are comparing balance to diferent schools right? You know... the kind of schools that have DIFERENT percentages of accuracy?

The point is... balance is NOT bugged. I am balance and usually the spell works. You must be having bad luck. That's all.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I agree with the original poster. I have gm characters for Storm, Fire, Myth, and Balance. The Balance character fizzles the most by far. I'm not certain what makes Balance special since the best spells Elemental Blades, Spirit Blades, Elemental Traps, and Spirit Traps are all spells that anyone can earn.

I have 6 characters and my Balance guy is my least favorite by far. He fizzles more than the others AND he has virtually no power. Super Nova is so weak that I don't bother putting it in my deck for arena. Judgement is the only worthy card and even it's worthless since anyone can put up a Tower Shield and/or Weakness and ruin the card. Every school has an advantage except Balance. I know, I know... there are no balance shields or dispels. Big deal. When you're fighting in arena with people that have 40% resistance and the best you have is Super Nova... you're just out of luck. It seems that every decent spell that Balance has requires a pip also. If I blade myself with Elemental Blades, use Elemental Traps, then try to increase my team's damage by putting a 20% damage blade on all of them; well, I've just used 3 pips. Meanwhile the Storm guy on the other side has put a storm trap on me, a storm blade on himself, and a 10% storm accuracy on himself (in theory). He can cast sooner, his spell will be more powerful, more accurate, and possibly stun me for a turn. Meanwhile, my poor little -50% shield is pretty worthless as he loads up for a Triton or something.

There are indeed percentage bugs in the game. I know this for a fact. How do I know? Well, my Fire student fizzled once during a fight. 75% accuracy for spell, 8% accuracy for clothes, 10% accuracy from Keen Eyes card, and 10% accuracy from potion that I bought due to the fact that I was fighting by myself against a tough boss. That comes to an accuracy % of 103% and I did not have any spells on me that would reduce my accuracy.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Well, if the balance fizzle rate has been increased, because people feel that the school is too accurate...
It would seem fair to change the accuracy % listed on balance cards to reflect the true values.
I admit, I was drawn to the balance school because of the 85% casting rate. If the fizzle rate is officially changed, (written on the spell cards) I won't mind too much. Balance still has an accuracy buff we can cast for free.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
I play a Balance wizard and a couple of times against monsters, I have had my Weakness spell (supposedly 100% accuracy), fizzle. I was sure that I did not have a lowered-accuracy trap on me.

Oh, wait.. nevermind... Weakness is a 90% accuracy card.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I think your right! I have a level 46 balence and it seemed that my second school (Fire) hit just the same as balance. But I just made a new life dude and he also seemed to hit the same as my balance I really got to get my story straight. LOL

John Moonhunter (Balance,level 46)
Ryan Jadeweilder (Life,level 10 and climbing)

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
brick wrote:
I starter playing this game in August of 2008. I have several grand masters including balance, myth and fire. I also have a level 48 storm and death, as well as a level 38 life and a level 15 ice. My wife and children also have several wizards in different stages of the game. I definitely see a difference in the fizzle rate of my balance wizard. It seems to have only happened in the last few months. I do not do arena much anymore, but I do spend some time in the grandmaster tower (probably average once a day). I will bring my myth in before my balance because of the fizzle rate. When my storm is ready I will bring that in before balance also. Some have speculated that it is so people will buy accuracy potions. I do not buy into that idea, but something is off and it has made my balance wizard less fun to play. I do not have data to offer, only my experience and my opinion. Some may be skeptical of this but until someone offers me data to show me differently I will hold my position, something is wrong with balance's accuracy.
I probably have data but it might be off. I casted about 43 balance spells in one hour (not including 100% things) and about half of them fizzled