Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why when you buy back your training points...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
Okay, I am a level 41 Ice wizard, and I bought back my training points thinking I could learn a lot more spells. As it turns out, as soon as I bought my training points, all my old spells were deleted. I would like to know why did this happen?

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
This happened because the game only allows you to get about 30 training points(i think) so when you buy back your traing points, you're just getting the ones you already used. Which delets any spell that you learned that isnt from your school.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
When you bought back your training points, all the spells you learned by using those training points are also removed.

Did you honestly think that you could keep those spells, then go learn more spells?

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
yeah. that just changes your secondary school. Dumb idea ifyou ask me. I am a level 44 death and i changed from storm to fire

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Meches wrote:
Okay, I am a level 41 Ice wizard, and I bought back my training points thinking I could learn a lot more spells. As it turns out, as soon as I bought my training points, all my old spells were deleted. I would like to know why did this happen?

Common sense...Because you used those training points to buy spells from schools other then your primary school. And if you buy those training points back, you don't get to keep the spells from those schools...Your training points were to 'rent' those spells, not keep them permenantly if you bought your training points back.

Otherwise, people would be selling their training points regularly to give their wizards all the spells from all the schools...And you're only allowed spells from your primary, and 1 spell from elsewhere for each training point you earn in the game.

Buying them back isn't 'earning' them. You don't get to purchase multiple spells on the same training point that you only get to earn once.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Meches wrote:
It takes all the training points you spent so you can use them for another purpose but considering it gives back all your training points it takes away all the spells you used training points on as well.(sorry if this is kinda confusing to say.)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
This happens because when you buy all of your training points back, it's like buying all of your unwanted secondary school spells back. For example, when you use a training point, you get a new spell, correct? So when you buy back a training point, it's like taking a spell back, too.

-Owlgirl8000