Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns in Boss Chests

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I recently placed crowns into a chest for a Boss and I got a vest that my wizard could not wear, and it was NO TRADE item so my other wizards can not wear it. My Ice wizard has no use for a Death vest. My death wizard might But It is a NO TRADE ITEM.
Why does the game give out NO TRADE Items in a chest where crowns are given? If an Ice wizard gets a death Vest and has no use for it and can not trade it to his fellow wizards then how is this a benefit to the wizard? To me this is a waste of Crowns.
Can the game make Crown Chest Items where all of them can be shared or Used in some way or other instead of a waste of crowns?
I know you will not post this for players to read because it exposes the games could care less attitude about wasted Crowns. But I would love to understand why I get items I can not use from a Crown chest?
In future i will not place crowns in chests or buy crowns to use in game cause I might get things I cant use like this Death Vest.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
This is one of those situations were "You gotta risk it all to win it all"
It's like beating the boss again except you don't fight him.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Ack, I forgot to mention, as for trading use the shared bank to get items to your other wizards.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
This is one of those situations were "You gotta risk it all to win it all"
It's like beating the boss again except you don't fight him.

yah shes right if you use your crowns for a RANDOM item you might not get what you want

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Why does the game give out NO TRADE Items in a chest where crowns are given?

I realize that it is random, but I believe that this is what she is mostly trying to say.

Darkblood1 wrote:
Can the game make Crown Chest Items where all of them can be shared or Used in some way or other instead of a waste of crowns?

Makes perfect sense to me. Your using cash here, so you ought to be able to get something that you can keep and place in your Shared Bank for one of the other wizards who could use it, even if it wasn't for the wizard who paid for it.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
I recently placed crowns into a chest for a Boss and I got a vest that my wizard could not wear, and it was NO TRADE item so my other wizards can not wear it. My Ice wizard has no use for a Death vest. My death wizard might But It is a NO TRADE ITEM.
Why does the game give out NO TRADE Items in a chest where crowns are given? If an Ice wizard gets a death Vest and has no use for it and can not trade it to his fellow wizards then how is this a benefit to the wizard? To me this is a waste of Crowns.
I know you will not post this for players to read because it exposes the games could care less attitude about wasted Crowns. But I would love to understand why I get items I can not use from a Crown chest?
In future i will not place crowns in chests or buy crowns to use in game cause I might get things I cant use like this Death Vest.

I think it is just the place you were in. Try using the crowns towards things in places like Vault Of Ice because the elements are ice. You may choose your own path and listen to my words or waste crowns.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
Sadly, the crowns chests are pretty much a ''All sales final kind of thing''.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Angelocean wrote:
Ack, I forgot to mention, as for trading use the shared bank to get items to your other wizards.

No Trade means that you can't put it in your shared bank. No Auction means you can't sell it at the bazaar.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
sparkboy187 wrote:
Sadly, the crowns chests are pretty much a ''All sales final kind of thing''.

Even sadder is that this happens at all given that while you are made aware of the opportunity to open the chest for crowns(real money), i doesnt mention that the item will be randomly generated, nor that there is a chance it will be useless to you. I agree with a previous poster, and like them, i will not be buying crowns until this cruddy practice ends.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
fourmyant wrote:
Darkblood1 wrote:

I think it is just the place you were in. Try using the crowns towards things in places like Vault Of Ice because the elements are ice. You may choose your own path and listen to my words or waste crowns.
No thats not true fourmyaunt, it all depends where you put the crowns in.

For example

you will get better items from gurtok icepersons chest

but you will probably get worse items from someone in the vault of ice

and the items you get do not depend where you are.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
i actually do have a death vest (i cant remember if its no trade or not) and i am ice so still its like real life situation :?