Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Staff and throne room of fire.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
:( Been in Throne room 3x but can finish finding staff on platform quest - it is locked in and when I get near area on platform I can't do anything. Is this a bug or do you just have to wait for something to happen like finding the 2nd boss. I beat the Prince by myself but couldn't find the 2nd dude. Others have posted you have to wait? How long or does it change? Thanks for any help.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You meet Professor Winthrop in the throne room of fire map room. He tell you to get the serpent staff from Prince Manu Nirini. You access him by solving the flame puzzle.

Once Prince Manu Nirini is dead, go back to Professor Winthrop. He then tells you the staff doesn't work, because you need the Eye of Krok to make it work. He tells you to defeat Krokonkahmen, the final boss in the pyramid of the sun area. You access that area by solving the obelisk puzzle.

Krokonkahmen can be found wandering the northern section of the dungeon. Don't rely on your arrow guide.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
HeleMai wrote:
:( Been in Throne room 3x but can finish finding staff on platform quest - it is locked in and when I get near area on platform I can't do anything. Is this a bug or do you just have to wait for something to happen like finding the 2nd boss. I beat the Prince by myself but couldn't find the 2nd dude. Others have posted you have to wait? How long or does it change? Thanks for any help.

1) You see the professor
2) You fight the first boss
3) Talk to the prof again
4) Go solve the puzzle
5) Fight the second boss
6) Talk to the prof yet again
7) Staff on platform finally works
8) See the prof again...done.

No waiting necessary.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I am doing the staff and throne room of fire too. I did everything I was supposed to do but when I get to the throne room of Manu Nirini to collect the serpent staff, the doors will not open even though I made sure I clicked on all 4 fires and made them red. still doesn't open.

I did help someone inside the throne room before this. I teleported to help them kill the boss and then they looked at the lever in the room. I hope this didn't mess up the quest for me.

I can't continue any of my quests because of this.
Any suggestions? Maybe I have to go back and kill all 4 of the nirini's?

Please help. I am so stuck that I can't do anything. :x

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
While the color of fire is red (I suppose), in this case it must be yellow.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Thank you so very much for your advise. I changed the colors to yellow, or orange and it worked. The doors opened. (the orange has red around the outside of the flame.) Can't thank you enough.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
alright I have completed the throne room of fire quest 6 times from start to finish now. I kill both bosses use the staff the quest giver says to meet him at the alter of kings but when I get there he won't talk to me and I have no quest to continue on the quest chain. I'm trying to get to krokospinx isle but have to complete the throne room before I am granted access. Please help