Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Sunken City so hard!?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Why do you try it a a little lvl? That's what the real question is. Just do it when you're a grandmaster wizard

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
kensignton park in marleybone is ten times harder

I agree. You are just walking, and then you are battling four wooden constructs that each have 2,000 life. I mean

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48-Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Adept Necromancer Lvl 28-MooShu

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Hmm, I agree on that. Sunken City is in the first world but It has enemies with the health of the third world, Marleybone. But I think that is because they expect you to come back around the level 15 - 20. As a pyromancer I slayed it around the level of 14, but that was because I teleported to people a quarter way into it.

But Sunken City is nothing compared to the Labyrinth in Dragonspyre!

I disagree, sunken city is a far cry easier than marlybone. Towards the end of Big Ben I had to call in a friend to help me out because the next to last boss was 3500 hit points!!! and I had to have help with meowarty.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
I like sunken city. I think its good to have sunken city because its sort of a "heads up" on whats coming up like harder enemies and stuff like that.
and if you cant handle it when you first get the quest (i know i couldn't), you can just wait to be a higher level to complete it. That's what i did. but i also agree that just 30 XP for completing a hard and long (depending what level you are) quest.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I completed most of Sunken City by myself, and it was easy! Although I am a Grandmaster.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
I started playing W101 about 3 days ago after having played WoW since Beta. As soon as I saw the word dungeon, I immediately thought of "Instance"(Those of you who play(ed) World of Warcraft know what I mean) Like the tough guy I thought I was (A whopping level 13) I ran in there and started the quest chain. I was able to make it to the 1st boss and was even able to take the boss out, but died on the way back to Marla :x Long story short, Me-the storm wizard(a lvl 13 if you forgot), and a level 15 grouped up and destroyed that place and everything in it.

I guess the point of me writing all this is that I'm here as living proof that this is very do-able at levels at and around 20. Teamwork is required, though, so if you don't play well with others, just wait until later when you can solo it. Me and the guy I ran it with added each other as friends, so that when one of us died, we would just use our potion and use the "Port to friend" option. being in constant communication really helps make hard things a lot easier to accomplish. On a side note, neither one of us were able to heal the other, so stacking up your +400 health cards would be a wise idea IMO.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Souljacker233 wrote:
I went to Sunken City,and it said "This will take an average 90 minutes alone" (that isn't exactly what it said). I'm guessing it's not to much easier with friends.But WHY exactly am I fighting three 500 health ghosts for someone's (who doesn't even really exsist Ishould add) report! Why cant't she get her own grub or whatever!? Can't it be easier? Just atweak!?

i'm a level fifth ty but when i did sunken city it took me two hours and i only had one friend to help me so it was hard but a game would not be fun if it was all easy it would be boaring so i accept the fact that it is kind of hard but i'm not saying it's not hard i think they should give that mission when you become level fifthteen so you have a fair chance and it will be fun.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
I have finished (with 2 friends) Sunken City in 30 minutes. But, sadly I can't beat it anymore and I am level 46. It is hard because of how long it is with battles that you can't get by.
P.S. Grubb is only hard because of what you have to go through to get to him. P.S. It is best to go with 2 life, 1 storm, and any other type of wizard.

James Spell
Level 46 Balance

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
kensignton park in marleybone is ten times harder

I agree. When I did kensington park I could not make it through ( I still have not even though I am level 47). Is Kensington park an optional Dungeon in MB?

Survivor
May 02, 2009
sunken city is so hard because when your on the sidewalk the monsters take you off of the sidewalk. and you know you cant log out or you will have to start it over again