Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone help me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
Well my problem is that whenever i try to open Wizard101 on the computer I am on right now it wont open! I tried restarting the computer and that didnt help. I also tried to uninstall Wizard101 and it wouldnt let me because it said I needed to shut down the other places where Wizard101 was running but it wasnt running at all! Can someone please help me?

Luke WillowStrider: Level 35 Theurgist

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Check on task manager to be sure Wizard101 closed. You can open the task manager by pressing clt+alt+del and then choosing task manager. (Windows Vista and 7) For XP i believe you can do the same, not for sure. Once in task manager look for the Wizard101 and then end process. You can also check how much resources it is using (If it is running). If it is a large amount, you may have a corrupted file. This happened to me. You may also want to contact tech support.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
Hey superluther,
Thanks for answering my question but that didnt do anything really. I went into the task manager and Wizard101 wasnt listed as a running program. So since that didnt work i will try to explain in more detail what is happening. Ok so when I go to my start menu and I click on play Wizard101 nothing happens, and when i say nothing i mean nothing as in nothing pops ups or even happens. So my thinking lead me to believe there must be an infected file so I tried to uninstall it but a message pops up that reads: An error has occured while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. When I tried to go online and try yo reinstall it nothing happened either. I hope these details help! Thanks!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Open up the C drive and go inside the Program Files folder. Look for KingsIsle Entertainment and delete the folder and all of it's contents.

If you customized the installation to go to another location, then go there and delete the game folder and it's content.

Delete the shortcuts from your start menu.

Now open up the uninstaller from the Control Panel. Uninstally Wizard101 from the listing. If you're lucky, the OS will recognize that the game is no longer on your system and will delete it from the list. If it won't, it really doesn't matter.

Come back to the website and re-download the game and install from scratch.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
Hey Preacher7719,
Thanks for your help but it still didnt solve my problem. It was able to uninstall Wizard101 which was REALLY helpful. I am really thankful you showed me how to do this. So now that it is uninstalled it figures another problem would spring up and of course it did. It was successfully uninstalled but when I try to reinstall it, it will start to install and will download. When I try to go to the Setup and install it officially the setup will pop up and load but when the main install box thing pops up it is clear and will pop up for like two seconds and go away. I thought that meant it was done but it wasnt of course. I dont know if this would affect my computer at all but it hasnt been used in a week.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Sorry I couldn't help.

I would do as Preacher said, and try deleting the folder. I never had to uninstall the game so do not know what files it deletes permanently and which ones it keeps.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It's possible you have some registry issues.

I would suggest downloading and running Advanced System Care from IObit. You can find the freeware version at CNET's download website

Illuminator
May 22, 2009