Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tricking out Your ride!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
For the school mounts i also agree maybe the rides can be:

Myth-Myth people can ride on the minotaurs shoulder :-o

Storm-Storm people can ride a kraken :)
Card:Kraken

Balance-Balance people can ride a hydra 8)
Card:Hydra

Fire-Fire people can ride a fire dragon or a big sunbird :)
Card:Sunbird

Ice-Ice people can ride a ice wyvern :-)
Card:Ice wyvern

Life-Life people can ride a centaur
Card:Centaur

Death-Death can use the vampires coffin as a mini skateboard
Card:Vampire

(Yes i know some cards are better than others.)

Well there are my idea's .

that is a really great idea i like the skate board one the most

i have an idea for ice and fire ones

ice could ride on an ice board like a skatebord but made of ice

same idea for fire except a fire board :-)

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
what about a flying carpet that gives a new djinn spell aka djinn genie yeah like you on the carpet and rub the lamp and a djinn comes out and attacks them...

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Ovelence wrote:
bobrocks595 wrote:
Ovelence wrote:
tony1900 wrote:
gazoofio wrote:
I have an idea for storm else then kraken. ( though I think kraken would be better.) giant lightning bats. Or just surfing on a wave. Maybe a stormzilla.

for ice, riding on a colosus would be fun.

firecat, troll, scorpion, or hydra.
for fire i think a heck hound and what about if you could ride a chinese dragon. Bye the way i think that the mounts should be availible for gold as well :D

spell thinReally, I don't think that quest should be the source of where you get them. I just like following orders and he said from lvl 40 -50 or higher quests. However, I don't think these guys should just be sold off Zeke. If they become able to buy for gold, they should make 100,000 like the school specific houses. I also think they should be sold for 15,000 crowns. And also, I think they should be dropped off really hard new bosses, ones that defy the rules of combat like the ones in the Grandmaster Tower! Only, they have 1,000,000 health each. Finally, to be annoying, they should only have a 5% drop rate! I also thought of something that Darkblaze should consider. How about each mount gives off a bubble like Wyldfire, but instead, they have increased damage percentage. And I like the damage g! :(

You just gave me an idea. OK they SHOULD be sold off zeke but whatever school olny and level (thinking) 20+

Ok, I hate double posting but now I know what you mean. Anyways, Zeke has sold bad stuff recently and should not be sold off him. And 20+? That'll just make the game easy! I'm going for lvl 50! No offense, but the game shouldn't be easy cause then it would be boring!

Ok yeah that was a bad idea i was just saying because what good stuff do the lower levels get?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Stategurl14v wrote:
I wonder if anyone would be willing to quest for a School-based mount, rather than buying it? Or course then there is the issue of having only a single mount per school, rather than the option of opening them all up to every user for choice. But it would make sense. If the mounts came with cards specific to that school, then only that school should probably receive them. Plus it would get rid of the issue of having to pay millions or gold or hundreds of dollars for a mount. But then again I would except a mount quest to be extremely difficult and solo only (because most out of school learned cards are solo-based).

And again I LOVE the idea's of school mounts. A friend and I are constantly talking about them :). I wonder if we can also make them gender based as well? For example:

Life School- Unicorn: Female (White), Male (Black).

Because it would be silly to go around as a male life mage on a unicorn XD Admit it. Most guys would reject the idea of riding a mythical horned horse attracted to virgin and innocent WOMEN.

But again, that's just an idea. :P

So here are the idea's me and my friend were thinking of (and I am SURE I'll be repeating a few xD after all there are just so many people who have posted already).

Life School- Unicorn (Seriously. Their known to purify the water they drink from and the air they breathe. What creature would be better for the life school?).

Fire School- Huma/Phoenix (In my opinion there just aren't enough flying mounts. The Huma is a restorative bird that bursts into flame every one thousand years or so. It is said to bring kingly luck to whomsoever shoulder it takes perch on. I say the Huma rather than a Phoenix because the Phoenix is a bird that can be portrayed as a fiery shape or with a corporal shape. Whereas the Huma has a distinct bird shape in legend).

Storm School- Rain Cloud. ( You just have to admit, having a non-living and random mount is a pretty nifty idea :D )

Ice School- Polar bear or large arctic Wolf. ( I kinda like either idea).

Myth School-Nemea/Chimera (technically they are both different creatures, but similar enough to bare the same name if you wanted it to. The Lion of Nemea was a child begotten of Orthrus and Echidna [a monstrous snake woman]. However we already have a lion mount, so I figure you can NAME the Chimera 'Nemea' and still base it off the structure of a chimera. Most people usually just throw together the body of a snake, lion and goat in a certain arrangement, but I figure it would be simpler to have the head a lion, the body of a goat, and the tale of a snake. Again, its a weird concept...)

Death School- Black Dog/The Grim/Barghest (of British legend, the black dog is thought to be a protent of death. It is larger than a normal dog, has long viscous teeth, and glowing red eyes. They tend to haunt graveyards, but are known to travel or follow after people who are near death. Some actually see it as a solid dog, others as an apparition. I think it would be neat if the mount were like the dog described above, but instead of a solid mass, it would be see through. Like a ghost :D ).

Balance School- Swan ( a bird that represents 'Elegance, Nurturing, Grace, balance, innocence, Surrender to the Universal Plan.' A creature that can live on land, on water, and can take to the skies. Perfect in its ability to find harmony in whatever habitat they abide in. They travel in flocks ('A wedge of swans') and work better together than alone).

Another example could be the Quail, which is an example of Group harmony.

But then again Balance is a rather tough one to make a pet for. If you just wanted to go with an Egyptian theme like in Krokatopia, then I would suggest the Sphinx (the head of a woman, the body of a lion).

Most of these I chose because of easy design to animation layout could be completed with them. Transference to the game could be simple with about 4 months work.

Wizard101 Player Name U/A
Artist in Training
Nurse in Training

Ha you got the Grim off of Harry Potter

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
I think that

Fire= rocket boots that have fire coming out the soles
Ice= shoes that slide on ice wherever you go
Myth= A chariot
Storm= A stormcloud with lightning
Life= A leaf that you ride
Balance= A magic carpet
Death= A death dog

Defender
May 31, 2009
Here are some ideas for school mounts. Some mite be repeats.

Ice- An Ice Wolf or a Polar Bear (didnt read posts), an Ice Bubble (lol), a Mammoth

Fire- A white mare (or black stallion) with a mane,tail, and eyes made of flames, a Dinosaur thats has a tail of fire, HeckHound

Myth- Griffon (couldnt think of anything else), Cloud Dragon

Storm- a Rain Cloud or a Giant Lightning Bat

Balance- Sphinx, Scorpion

Life- Unicorn, Pegasus, Chimera

Death- Danger Hound, Dragon Skeleton, Cerberus(an orthrus, half invisible, and three heads), a Bat

-Sabrina Level 50 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
Having two Storm Grands, I would love to see a Kracken mount. However I would not want that spell to be the spell given by the mount. By the level you would get the mount the Kracken is pretty much an obsolete spell. I know I don't keep it in my decks, it's too weak at that level.

There are some others mentioned that are good ideas for the schools, but the spells also need to be bigger, given that these school mounts would be given to higher level wizards.

My suggestion for a Fire mount is the Phoenix. Sunbird is almost a parrot(in my opinion) and sort of silly, really.
Fire Dragon, though very cool, would stink for Fire wizards since there is already a red dragon mount...and I am betting a lot of Fire wizards have this already, as I have one for my Fire Grand right now.

How about an Ice Dragon for Ice wizards?

Myth; I think ti would be cool to ride Orthrus.

Death; how about a Bone Dragon(Dragon Skeleton)?

I think it might look a little weird to ride a Centaur, almost like being on someone else's back. So how about a Unicorn or Pegasus?

I think the Hydra for Balance was a good one, but I'm sure there could be other suggestions as well.

I won't suggest spells for these mounts for the reason that if they ever decided to do this they really should attach bigger spells with the mounts, since you might get these at a higher level and also when the level cap might increase. Perhaps they would even attach spell we don't know about yet.
Well...

I said centaur because i think life wouldn't want another healing spell

Orthrus might be to big if you think about it

A bone dragon might scare some people(depending how it looks)

An ice dragon might make some people angry because everyone knows how some spells are converted (or mutated) like ice kraken, storm elf, etc. So i think people might think ice dragon might be a rip off of fire dragon

As for phoenix i agree but the only reason i didn't say that is because phoenix is covered in fire and well uh...yeah. Maybe a saddle or something like that was put on the phoenix might make that reasonable.

And the kraken thing i understand completely but i cant think of something else besides that for storm :(.

And the new spell thing if that was the case i would agree with you.
hey instead of a kraken you could ride a wild bolt and have a wild bolt with 45% accuracy

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Ovelence wrote:
Stategurl14v wrote:
I wonder if anyone would be willing to quest for a School-based mount, rather than buying it? Or course then there is the issue of having only a single mount per school, rather than the option of opening them all up to every user for choice. But it would make sense. If the mounts came with cards specific to that school, then only that school should probably receive them. Plus it would get rid of the issue of having to pay millions or gold or hundreds of dollars for a mount. But then again I would except a mount quest to be extremely difficult and solo only (because most out of school learned cards are solo-based).

And again I LOVE the idea's of school mounts. A friend and I are constantly talking about them :). I wonder if we can also make them gender based as well? For example:

Life School- Unicorn: Female (White), Male (Black).

Because it would be silly to go around as a male life mage on a unicorn XD Admit it. Most guys would reject the idea of riding a mythical horned horse attracted to virgin and innocent WOMEN.

But again, that's just an idea. :P

So here are the idea's me and my friend were thinking of (and I am SURE I'll be repeating a few xD after all there are just so many people who have posted already).

Life School- Unicorn (Seriously. Their known to purify the water they drink from and the air they breathe. What creature would be better for the life school?).

Fire School- Huma/Phoenix (In my opinion there just aren't enough flying mounts. The Huma is a restorative bird that bursts into flame every one thousand years or so. It is said to bring kingly luck to whomsoever shoulder it takes perch on. I say the Huma rather than a Phoenix because the Phoenix is a bird that can be portrayed as a fiery shape or with a corporal shape. Whereas the Huma has a distinct bird shape in legend).

Storm School- Rain Cloud. ( You just have to admit, having a non-living and random mount is a pretty nifty idea :D )

Ice School- Polar bear or large arctic Wolf. ( I kinda like either idea).

Myth School-Nemea/Chimera (technically they are both different creatures, but similar enough to bare the same name if you wanted it to. The Lion of Nemea was a child begotten of Orthrus and Echidna [a monstrous snake woman]. However we already have a lion mount, so I figure you can NAME the Chimera 'Nemea' and still base it off the structure of a chimera. Most people usually just throw together the body of a snake, lion and goat in a certain arrangement, but I figure it would be simpler to have the head a lion, the body of a goat, and the tale of a snake. Again, its a weird concept...)

Death School- Black Dog/The Grim/Barghest (of British legend, the black dog is thought to be a protent of death. It is larger than a normal dog, has long viscous teeth, and glowing red eyes. They tend to haunt graveyards, but are known to travel or follow after people who are near death. Some actually see it as a solid dog, others as an apparition. I think it would be neat if the mount were like the dog described above, but instead of a solid mass, it would be see through. Like a ghost :D ).

Balance School- Swan ( a bird that represents 'Elegance, Nurturing, Grace, balance, innocence, Surrender to the Universal Plan.' A creature that can live on land, on water, and can take to the skies. Perfect in its ability to find harmony in whatever habitat they abide in. They travel in flocks ('A wedge of swans') and work better together than alone).

Another example could be the Quail, which is an example of Group harmony.

But then again Balance is a rather tough one to make a pet for. If you just wanted to go with an Egyptian theme like in Krokatopia, then I would suggest the Sphinx (the head of a woman, the body of a lion).

Most of these I chose because of easy design to animation layout could be completed with them. Transference to the game could be simple with about 4 months work.

Wizard101 Player Name U/A
Artist in Training
Nurse in Training

These rock! I already posted a chimera idea, but naming it Namea? Never heard of that but it sounds neat! And there are way more perfect egytian ideas, just look at mine!
hehe i got some sick ideas
Life:a grassy panther ...not looks exactly like a panther but a rugged form of one
Death:a skeleton saber tooth
Myth:agree with you chimera
Balance:a sandstorm
Storm:riding a wild bolt
Ice:A ice bear
Fire(coolio school):hehe i had fun with this ...a Fiery Demon !!!!!!!!!! any of you that has seen lord of the rings ... in the first movie when gandalf supposovley dies the demon he falls down into the lava wih that what i mean hehe awesome right!!
CYA hope you like my ideas

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
frogboy38668 wrote:
i like the new mounts but there still too slow. what about making a dragon that we can ride on one like the one we ride to get to the dragon roost but we can steer it and it goes 60-100 speed and flies on a cool air road above all the areas like cyclops lane and tree of life.

Frogboy, i agree. YES the mounts are faster than running, however they only look cool, they dont do anything special, which would be AWESOME! i LOVE the idea of an air highway where players can still buy their flying mounts but it goes over the cities and you press like "L" or something and they land so you can dismount or they could run just like what darkblaze83 said with the gryffan. The only thing i disagree with is that the gryffan or pegasus mount SHOULDN"T be for JUST life school, bec then only the schools with flying mounts can use the highway in the sky thing, which wouldnt be fair. And if KI can design worlds and everything they designed on the game, then what is one more thing, im sure that over the years KI will continue to upgrade, add, and expand the game even further.

HOWEVER! i do think that with the new world and lvl cap increase their should be instaed of a school pet for lvl 60 their should be a school mount in addition to the other mounts that you can buy, each on with a special spell or unique ability. For more info on that though you can see my post.

GRYFFAN101
AEDAN SPIRITRIDER lvl 49 (almost 50) DEATH

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:
I was thinking of more unique mounts the other day and with the new Mount add on It just leaves a very wide hole of opportunity for Kings Isle so many more quests! more armor (dont ask how) and of course new spells! Here are more examples that I thought of after studying mythology in more depth.

Life: Pegasus: gives card Pegasus 8 pips does 650-725 damage when riding it could either walk on ground like a horse or fly similar to a dragon.

Death:Basilisk:gives card Basilisk 8 pips does 700 damage and gives half to user. And how else would it move but slither?

Myth: Manticore (OUCH id hate to ride said to have spikes on its back) gives card Manticore 8 pips does 50 then 850 (For those who dont know the Manticore is a Greek Mythological creature that looked like a red lion with the ability to launch hairs from his back similar to Giant flying thorns.)

Storm: umm...hmm.... after Storm Lord how can I get something stronger?

Fire: Cretan Bull: gives card Cretan Bull 8 pips does 500 damage then 400 over three turns ( Ok this may sound like a step down but come on its a bull and it breaths fire!! oh it was captured by Hercules in one of his 12 tasks)

Ice: Err....hmm.... another road block dang frost giant.

Balance: Sphinx (Maybe? Kroksphinx?) gives card Krok/Sphinx 8 pips does 700 damage and gives 2 -55% accuracy to all enemies.

So there are some of my ideas Kings Isle please take notes......plz
The sphinx one should just put one -55 accuracy or people might complain about it.

The myth one is just a rip off of orthrus with 100 more damage (nice idea for a creature though)

The death one should not just have another drain spell i think it should have maybe a spell that does 500 puts -30 on each opponent and gives 100 life(to user) for each turn the weakness is still on.(oh and to make it more annoying,1 pip spells and wand moves cant be used to brake it.Must be at least rank 2)

The fire one is a good idea but however it should do maybe 450-500 over three turns instead.

The life one should be to all opponents because life is the only school without an attack every foe move.

I agree with thte life thing bec life has only what 5 attacks. the rest are heals and life has like 2-3 spells that heall all oppnents.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
(ovelence sorry for the reply earlier when i spelled it wrong)

HI EVERYONE!
Is it me or is this one of the most popular subjects on here? i mean seriously! we have been listin AMAZING IDEAS and we all know KI is reading them, what more can we do to get these ideas into action so KI will put them on the game. its not like we are asking them to make new worlds especially for these mounts we are simply suggesting that when you reach a high lvl you get a quest to get your school mount. it cant be that hard their at least ten mount ideas for each school and counting. all KI has to do is pick the one for each school that they like the ost and make the quest in the new world celestia or ds or something. so if we keep posting on this subject and dont stop im sure they will make our wishes come true, i mean they have done it before so whats 1 more time.
reply to this and keep posting ides plz plz plz everyone!

Defender
May 28, 2009
awesome! I LOVE the idae of a grand mount. Also wouldn't a pegasus be for myth? For myth they could also make a unicorn, dinosaur, and other imaginary animals. I also think when Celestia comes out you could win mounts of sea animals you can only use in Celestia since it's under water. For example a sea horse, a dolphin, a shark, and other sea animals!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Well about the school mounts me and my friend thought of that like 5 months ago that will be cool if the balance school: gets a hydra for a mount :D for fire: the fire dragon :D storm: stormzilla :D ice: wyveryn :D myth: oruthrus :D life: centaur ( or what you said ) :D death well maybe a death hound or something like that :D i'm a grand named Caroline. balance grandmaster lvl 50 :D go balance!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
ooh btw maybe we can coustomize our mounts with armor or stuff also with our pets we can buy armor with them maybe for like 1000 or more.