Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tricking out Your ride!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
kitkitfluf wrote:
frogboy38668 wrote:
i like the new mounts but there still too slow. what about making a dragon that we can ride on one like the one we ride to get to the dragon roost but we can steer it and it goes 60-100 speed and flies on a cool air road above all the areas like cyclops lane and tree of life. 8)

pyromancer:tyler dragoneyes 50 grandmaster

Yeeeeeaaaah... I'm thinking thats not gonna happen... Its too much work for KI. Plus millions of wizards will be doing it. But it would be cool if that were to happen :D.

Kristen MoonShard
(I'm sooooo awesome!)
It was a good idea but then the game could be completed so much faster. What that sounds like to me is like when you mark a spot but with animation in between. Good Idea though

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
leokeane wrote:

Samuel Dragonsword
Adept Pyromancer
Draconian minoin for the fire dragon would be awesome!
Lol yes it would be awsome if that would happen but I was thinking more along the lines that the mount is the minion I.E. if it were a Draconian mount it would give that minon.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Maybe a storm cloud with lightning that storm wizards could sit crosslegged on?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
i like to see life schools mount to be a big grey wolf. doesn't have to give a card, but life blade would be nice

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
I agree with Darkblaze, that we should do minions instead.

However, you have to go off the mount in battle. So in my opinion, that won't work. The only way is if your still on it in battle even if it dissapears. This is a list of monsters I read from myths. Enjoy!

Fire: Now in my opinion, fire should be a exact replica of Fafnir! Fafnir is a norse dargon who's blood burned off the hero's hand, so it should be perfect!
The minion should be a baby Fafnir!

Ice: Now, ice is a tricky one! However, where there's tricks, there's a solution! Now, thinking... thinking... thinking... ok nothing's coming to me, so I'll just have to say this. A six foot long snake! The body is made out ice! The minion will have to be a ice serpent!

Storm: Piece of cake! It should be a naga! Nagas are dragons with a serpentine back and a human front and control the seas. They were in Bhudaism. The minion will be a wave with bunch of fish the shock anything that touches it to death!

Balance: More easy then storm. What I got is from Egyptian religion and is the pet of Anubis. I forgot it's name, but it has a crocdile's head, front part of the body and front legs are lion, and the rest are hippopotamus! The minion should be a Horus (People with bird heads and human bodies!

Life: To much choices! Anyways (The next two are from the same religion) a greece monster call a chimera should do! I think it's full of life cause it has three heads! The first is a goat head (The deadliest as it breathes fire), the second a lion, and the third is the tail and is a snake with it's body to make a nice long tail! The minion should be another smaller chimera.

Myth: Simple, anyone remember what any of the twelve labours set on Hercules was? To capture a wild, killer, deadly, killed millions of people boar!
I forgot it's name, but it's a major myth so should do fine! It will summon a soul of one of the people it slaughtered!

Death: This one is gonna be sick! Cerberus! No need to tell details as we ALL know what the bad dog is! It's minion should be Hades! (Just kidding) A fury should be the minion. A fury is a monster from the underworld. There are only three and they punish anyone for doing bad things. The most common is being whipped by their whips. However, I read a myth that they punished this huge army of women by telling them to fill up Hades pool with jars that have holes on the top and bottom so they could never complete the task.

Any objections? (Oh, and furies ave six bat wings, claws and sharp teeth!)

Carlos Griffinshade lvl 26 ice.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
Life- Unicorn, Centaur, Pegasus
Myth- Being carried by three ninja pigs, sitting on a humongofrog, riding on a minotaur
Death- Bat, Werewolf, horse skeleton
Fire- Dragon, firecat, phoenix
Ice- snow serpent, huge floating snowball, ice wyvern
Storm- Lightning bat, a wave, a cloud with lightning coming from the bottom
Balance- a scorpion, hydra, a tornado

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009

Im storm and i feel most people have no ideas (why didn't you ask us!)how about you just look into the sea!
how about a giant turtle or a fish. Or an Orca Whale.
Here's the cards (turtle) Turtle Minion 3 pips. (Fish) Storm Pirahna swarm 650-710 damage looks like Pirahnas with elictricity around them in water with seaweed swarming your opponent oh and 6 pips. (Whale) Orca Attack 6 pips 700-800 damage looks like big Orca with storm staff in water like triton and zaps your opponent with big bolt.
Oh and the fish should be a koi.

(love the name of the topic)

Nathan Dawnstalker

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
Ovelence wrote:

However, you have to go off the mount in battle. So in my opinion, that won't work. The only way is if your still on it in battle even if it dissapears. This is a list of monsters I read from myths. Enjoy!

Fire: Now in my opinion, fire should be a exact replica of Fafnir! Fafnir is a norse dargon who's blood burned off the hero's hand, so it should be perfect!

Ice: Now, ice is a tricky one! However, where there's tricks, there's a solution! Now, thinking... thinking... thinking... ok nothing's coming to me, so I'll just have to say this. A six foot long snake! The body is made out ice! The minion will have to be a ice serpent!

Storm: Piece of cake! It should be a naga! Nagas are dragons with a serpentine back and a human front and control the seas. They were in Bhudaism. The minion will be a wave with bunch of fish the shock anything that touches it to death!

Balance: More easy then storm. What I got is from Egyptian religion and is the pet of Anubis. I forgot it's name, but it has a crocdile's head, front part of the body and front legs are lion, and the rest are hippopotamus! The minion should be a Horus (People with bird heads and human bodies!

Life: To much choices! Anyways (The next two are from the same religion) a greece monster call a chimera should do! I think it's full of life cause it has three heads! The first is a goat head (The deadliest as it breathes fire), the second a lion, and the third is the tail and is a snake with it's body to make a nice long tail! The minion should be another smaller chimera.

Myth: Simple, anyone remember what any of the twelve labours set on Hercules was? To capture a wild, killer, deadly, killed millions of people boar!
I forgot it's name, but it's a major myth so should do fine! It will summon a soul of one of the people it slaughtered!

Death: This one is gonna be sick! Cerberus! No need to tell details as we ALL know what the bad dog is! It's minion should be Hades! (Just kidding) A fury should be the minion. A fury is a monster from the underworld. There are only three and they punish anyone for doing bad things. The most common is being whipped by their whips. However, I read a myth that they punished this huge army of women by telling them to fill up Hades pool with jars that have holes on the top and bottom so they could never complete the task.

I think those would be AWESOME!! I only have 1 question though.........can you buy the with crowns, gold, or both, and will bosses drop them?

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire :?

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
LitterbugPie wrote:
Ovelence wrote:

I think those would be AWESOME!! I only have 1 question though.........can you buy the with crowns, gold, or both, and will bosses drop them?

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire :?

Refer to the first post, as these are school specific and quest mounts. So, if a balance wants there mount, whatever it might be, they will need to do the quest.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
gazoofio wrote:
I have an idea for storm else then kraken. ( though I think kraken would be better.) giant lightning bats. Or just surfing on a wave. Maybe a stormzilla.

for ice, riding on a colosus would be fun.

firecat, troll, scorpion, or hydra.
for fire i think a heck hound and what about if you could ride a chinese dragon. Bye the way i think that the mounts should be availible for gold as well :D

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
tony1900 wrote:
gazoofio wrote:
I have an idea for storm else then kraken. ( though I think kraken would be better.) giant lightning bats. Or just surfing on a wave. Maybe a stormzilla.

for fire i think a heck hound and what about if you could ride a chinese dragon. Bye the way i think that the mounts should be availible for gold as well :D

Really, I don't think that quest should be the source of where you get them. I just like following orders and he said from lvl 40 -50 or higher quests. However, I don't think these guys should just be sold off Zeke. If they become able to buy for gold, they should make 100,000 like the school specific houses. I also think they should be sold for 15,000 crowns. And also, I think they should be dropped off really hard new bosses, ones that defy the rules of combat like the ones in the Grandmaster Tower! Only, they have 1,000,000 health each. Finally, to be annoying, they should only have a 5% drop rate! I also thought of something that Darkblaze should consider. How about each mount gives off a bubble like Wyldfire, but instead, they have increased damage percentage. And I like the damage spell thing! :(

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
i think that thats a great idea and maybe if they do do the school mounts i think that

Death: warewolf

Fire: heck hou

Ice: wolf

life: unicorn

Storm: kraken

Myth: minotor

Balance: hydra

Those are my ideas plz right back and read my ideas.

logan battlepants (aka) zamorok253: lvl 46 Death

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Ovelence wrote:
tony1900 wrote:
gazoofio wrote:

spell thinReally, I don't think that quest should be the source of where you get them. I just like following orders and he said from lvl 40 -50 or higher quests. However, I don't think these guys should just be sold off Zeke. If they become able to buy for gold, they should make 100,000 like the school specific houses. I also think they should be sold for 15,000 crowns. And also, I think they should be dropped off really hard new bosses, ones that defy the rules of combat like the ones in the Grandmaster Tower! Only, they have 1,000,000 health each. Finally, to be annoying, they should only have a 5% drop rate! I also thought of something that Darkblaze should consider. How about each mount gives off a bubble like Wyldfire, but instead, they have increased damage percentage. And I like the damage g! :(

You just gave me an idea. OK they SHOULD be sold off zeke but whatever school olny and level (thinking) 20+

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
bobrocks595 wrote:
Ovelence wrote:
tony1900 wrote:
gazoofio wrote:

spell thinReally, I don't think that quest should be the source of where you get them. I just like following orders and he said from lvl 40 -50 or higher quests. However, I don't think these guys should just be sold off Zeke. If they become able to buy for gold, they should make 100,000 like the school specific houses. I also think they should be sold for 15,000 crowns. And also, I think they should be dropped off really hard new bosses, ones that defy the rules of combat like the ones in the Grandmaster Tower! Only, they have 1,000,000 health each. Finally, to be annoying, they should only have a 5% drop rate! I also thought of something that Darkblaze should consider. How about each mount gives off a bubble like Wyldfire, but instead, they have increased damage percentage. And I like the damage g! :(

You just gave me an idea. OK they SHOULD be sold off zeke but whatever school olny and level (thinking) 20+

I said NOT sold off zeke

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
oceandaydreamer wrote:
Having two Storm Grands, I would love to see a Kracken mount. However I would not want that spell to be the spell given by the mount. By the level you would get the mount the Kracken is pretty much an obsolete spell. I know I don't keep it in my decks, it's too weak at that level.

There are some others mentioned that are good ideas for the schools, but the spells also need to be bigger, given that these school mounts would be given to higher level wizards.

My suggestion for a Fire mount is the Phoenix. Sunbird is almost a parrot(in my opinion) and sort of silly, really.
Fire Dragon, though very cool, would stink for Fire wizards since there is already a red dragon mount...and I am betting a lot of Fire wizards have this already, as I have one for my Fire Grand right now.

How about an Ice Dragon for Ice wizards?

Myth; I think ti would be cool to ride Orthrus.

Death; how about a Bone Dragon(Dragon Skeleton)?

I think it might look a little weird to ride a Centaur, almost like being on someone else's back. So how about a Unicorn or Pegasus?

I think the Hydra for Balance was a good one, but I'm sure there could be other suggestions as well.

I won't suggest spells for these mounts for the reason that if they ever decided to do this they really should attach bigger spells with the mounts, since you might get these at a higher level and also when the level cap might increase. Perhaps they would even attach spell we don't know about yet.
Well...

I said centaur because i think life wouldn't want another healing spell

Orthrus might be to big if you think about it

A bone dragon might scare some people(depending how it looks)

An ice dragon might make some people angry because everyone knows how some spells are converted (or mutated) like ice kraken, storm elf, etc. So i think people might think ice dragon might be a rip off of fire dragon

As for phoenix i agree but the only reason i didn't say that is because phoenix is covered in fire and well uh...yeah. Maybe a saddle or something like that was put on the phoenix might make that reasonable.

And the kraken thing i understand completely but i cant think of something else besides that for storm :(.

And the new spell thing if that was the case i would agree with you.

For storm how bout like a chariot... with a triton carrying it... it would be kewl

Nathan LionDreamer
lvl 42 Pyromacer
FIRE RULZ!!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
about my chariot idea... it could be for any school i guess, so any ideas about that plz post
PS this is a good topic :D

Nathan LionDreamer (again)
lvl 42 Pyromancer
FIRE RULZ

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:
Alright I had quit for a while but once I saw the mount commercial I was sucked right back in! Though I found the mount selection a little small. So I am writing here as a place for you to express Mount ideas you think would be cool (Along with some of mine)

1. Panthers (I think we should extend the big cat collection)

2.Lizards (Kinda like a mander but bigger and walks on 4 legs)

3. School Specific Mounts (Have a quest when the players reach a high level 40 through 50 or higher if the max goes up. This would also be a cool time to add a new spell that the mount gives!)

For the school specific ones I will give my Life Idea cause that's my school How about a gryphon or Pegasus You have to admit thatd be cool! (No unfortunatly they cant fly.) Please other schools post your ideas for Mounts and mount spells!

Thomas EarthStrider
Lvl 42 Theurgist

i like the ideas but a centaure for life? really? i would never ride one.. NEVER. those cretures freek ME OUT! im not kidding it does, but i was thinking more like a LIFE DRAGON yes a life dragon wouldnt that be awesome or a life pony ooh how bout a life/ice shield comes with the dragon? and no efnse to the person who wrote about it, it is a good idea but i realy would never ride a centaure.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
considering that you would be getting these at such a high level (you've probably earned it!!????) i think that storm could be your own cloud, fire being a large fire at the base of your feet to the ground, ice being something probably awesome, but a lot of work to input in the game, an ice block appears under every foot and melts when you take your next step for that foot, life being you in the top of a treeant's branches, death being you floating O.o, and balance being a large gust of sand beneath you carrying you up off the ground. just some out of the living category mounts!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
oooo! i got one!!!!! a Butterfly mount! you can choose what type it is! that would be really cool!

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
bobrocks595 wrote:
Ovelence wrote:
tony1900 wrote:
gazoofio wrote:

Ok, I hate double posting but now I know what you mean. Anyways, Zeke has sold bad stuff recently and should not be sold off him. And 20+? That'll just make the game easy! I'm going for lvl 50! No offense, but the game shouldn't be easy cause then it would be boring!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I wonder if anyone would be willing to quest for a School-based mount, rather than buying it? Or course then there is the issue of having only a single mount per school, rather than the option of opening them all up to every user for choice. But it would make sense. If the mounts came with cards specific to that school, then only that school should probably receive them. Plus it would get rid of the issue of having to pay millions or gold or hundreds of dollars for a mount. But then again I would except a mount quest to be extremely difficult and solo only (because most out of school learned cards are solo-based).

And again I LOVE the idea's of school mounts. A friend and I are constantly talking about them :). I wonder if we can also make them gender based as well? For example:

Life School- Unicorn: Female (White), Male (Black).

Because it would be silly to go around as a male life mage on a unicorn XD Admit it. Most guys would reject the idea of riding a mythical horned horse attracted to virgin and innocent WOMEN.

But again, that's just an idea. :P

So here are the idea's me and my friend were thinking of (and I am SURE I'll be repeating a few xD after all there are just so many people who have posted already).

Life School- Unicorn (Seriously. Their known to purify the water they drink from and the air they breathe. What creature would be better for the life school?).

Fire School- Huma/Phoenix (In my opinion there just aren't enough flying mounts. The Huma is a restorative bird that bursts into flame every one thousand years or so. It is said to bring kingly luck to whomsoever shoulder it takes perch on. I say the Huma rather than a Phoenix because the Phoenix is a bird that can be portrayed as a fiery shape or with a corporal shape. Whereas the Huma has a distinct bird shape in legend).

Storm School- Rain Cloud. ( You just have to admit, having a non-living and random mount is a pretty nifty idea :D )

Ice School- Polar bear or large arctic Wolf. ( I kinda like either idea).

Myth School-Nemea/Chimera (technically they are both different creatures, but similar enough to bare the same name if you wanted it to. The Lion of Nemea was a child begotten of Orthrus and Echidna [a monstrous snake woman]. However we already have a lion mount, so I figure you can NAME the Chimera 'Nemea' and still base it off the structure of a chimera. Most people usually just throw together the body of a snake, lion and goat in a certain arrangement, but I figure it would be simpler to have the head a lion, the body of a goat, and the tale of a snake. Again, its a weird concept...)

Death School- Black Dog/The Grim/Barghest (of British legend, the black dog is thought to be a protent of death. It is larger than a normal dog, has long viscous teeth, and glowing red eyes. They tend to haunt graveyards, but are known to travel or follow after people who are near death. Some actually see it as a solid dog, others as an apparition. I think it would be neat if the mount were like the dog described above, but instead of a solid mass, it would be see through. Like a ghost :D ).

Balance School- Swan ( a bird that represents 'Elegance, Nurturing, Grace, balance, innocence, Surrender to the Universal Plan.' A creature that can live on land, on water, and can take to the skies. Perfect in its ability to find harmony in whatever habitat they abide in. They travel in flocks ('A wedge of swans') and work better together than alone).

Another example could be the Quail, which is an example of Group harmony.

But then again Balance is a rather tough one to make a pet for. If you just wanted to go with an Egyptian theme like in Krokatopia, then I would suggest the Sphinx (the head of a woman, the body of a lion).

Most of these I chose because of easy design to animation layout could be completed with them. Transference to the game could be simple with about 4 months work.

Wizard101 Player Name U/A
Artist in Training
Nurse in Training

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
Stategurl14v wrote:
I wonder if anyone would be willing to quest for a School-based mount, rather than buying it? Or course then there is the issue of having only a single mount per school, rather than the option of opening them all up to every user for choice. But it would make sense. If the mounts came with cards specific to that school, then only that school should probably receive them. Plus it would get rid of the issue of having to pay millions or gold or hundreds of dollars for a mount. But then again I would except a mount quest to be extremely difficult and solo only (because most out of school learned cards are solo-based).

And again I LOVE the idea's of school mounts. A friend and I are constantly talking about them :). I wonder if we can also make them gender based as well? For example:

Life School- Unicorn: Female (White), Male (Black).

Because it would be silly to go around as a male life mage on a unicorn XD Admit it. Most guys would reject the idea of riding a mythical horned horse attracted to virgin and innocent WOMEN.

But again, that's just an idea. :P

So here are the idea's me and my friend were thinking of (and I am SURE I'll be repeating a few xD after all there are just so many people who have posted already).

Life School- Unicorn (Seriously. Their known to purify the water they drink from and the air they breathe. What creature would be better for the life school?).

Fire School- Huma/Phoenix (In my opinion there just aren't enough flying mounts. The Huma is a restorative bird that bursts into flame every one thousand years or so. It is said to bring kingly luck to whomsoever shoulder it takes perch on. I say the Huma rather than a Phoenix because the Phoenix is a bird that can be portrayed as a fiery shape or with a corporal shape. Whereas the Huma has a distinct bird shape in legend).

Storm School- Rain Cloud. ( You just have to admit, having a non-living and random mount is a pretty nifty idea :D )

Ice School- Polar bear or large arctic Wolf. ( I kinda like either idea).

Myth School-Nemea/Chimera (technically they are both different creatures, but similar enough to bare the same name if you wanted it to. The Lion of Nemea was a child begotten of Orthrus and Echidna [a monstrous snake woman]. However we already have a lion mount, so I figure you can NAME the Chimera 'Nemea' and still base it off the structure of a chimera. Most people usually just throw together the body of a snake, lion and goat in a certain arrangement, but I figure it would be simpler to have the head a lion, the body of a goat, and the tale of a snake. Again, its a weird concept...)

Death School- Black Dog/The Grim/Barghest (of British legend, the black dog is thought to be a protent of death. It is larger than a normal dog, has long viscous teeth, and glowing red eyes. They tend to haunt graveyards, but are known to travel or follow after people who are near death. Some actually see it as a solid dog, others as an apparition. I think it would be neat if the mount were like the dog described above, but instead of a solid mass, it would be see through. Like a ghost :D ).

Balance School- Swan ( a bird that represents 'Elegance, Nurturing, Grace, balance, innocence, Surrender to the Universal Plan.' A creature that can live on land, on water, and can take to the skies. Perfect in its ability to find harmony in whatever habitat they abide in. They travel in flocks ('A wedge of swans') and work better together than alone).

Another example could be the Quail, which is an example of Group harmony.

But then again Balance is a rather tough one to make a pet for. If you just wanted to go with an Egyptian theme like in Krokatopia, then I would suggest the Sphinx (the head of a woman, the body of a lion).

Most of these I chose because of easy design to animation layout could be completed with them. Transference to the game could be simple with about 4 months work.

Wizard101 Player Name U/A
Artist in Training
Nurse in Training

These rock! I already posted a chimera idea, but naming it Namea? Never heard of that but it sounds neat! And there are way more perfect egytian ideas, just look at mine!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
i think for death they could have a skeletal dragon or horse and have a new spell that comes with it

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
ok i get this idea but what if our mount could help us in battle and we could equip them with items :D :P

Death RULES

to be nice the could throw in a free school mount at level 50