Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone enemy walking patterns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I'm a Grandmaster Theurgist. I've been searching for scrap iron recently in MB towards crafting a carousel. I've noticed that some of the enemy's walking patterns are different in several areas. I forget which area has Sunbirds (Chelsea Court?) but they are to the outside like they originally were and you have to run down the center where just a few rooftops later you're back to the "stick to the sidewalk" routine. What's up with that? Also, I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled into a street fight with rats in Hyde Park by being pulled off the planks that arch over adjoining rooftops.
Not a problem defeating them of course but when I'm searching for reagents it's wasting my time. And finally, this morning, while in Hyde Park I believe, there were two times when a silver chest had spawned very close to some sigils for a boss fight. Even though I was careful and hit the X key when the banner said "shockalot" I was transferred to the sigils and into the boss fight. Of course I was able to back out but still just a bit too glitchy.

I'm not sure why but Marleybone has always been irritating to me. I think because most of the roof tops are just narrow enough that no matter whether you're supposed travel down the center or on the side it's very easy to get pulled into a fight you don't want. MB is the trickiest of the worlds to maneuver in that respect. Maybe difficulty in traversing streets in the world of the spiral should have increased as you progressed. Instead the most difficult world to move in is the second one you get to.

Hunter Earthsong
G.M. Theurgist

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
i fully agree. i realized when they first changed it that nothing was going to work well... i wish something would be done but it looks like many reasonable requests aren't even being acknowledged by the creators..

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I too have noticed the different walking pattern and it is completely frustrating. I wish they would change it back to the way it was (where going down the center was the safest route).

With the edges of the planks being gitched to where you get stuck, then have to overcompensate your way around it, or you fall off the edge of a ramp and are now stuck behind boxes, you're bound to get pulled into a needless fight trying to get out of situation due to the poorly designed edgeways.

And how about those items strewn about the rooftops. It's annoying to pass over one pile of junk (empty tomatoe cans, ball of yarn, etc) just to get stopped by another? I just wish they would have some consistency in that world.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
I too have noticed the different walking pattern and it is completely frustrating. I wish they would change it back to the way it was (where going down the center was the safest route).

With the edges of the planks being gitched to where you get stuck, then have to overcompensate your way around it, or you fall off the edge of a ramp and are now stuck behind boxes, you're bound to get pulled into a needless fight trying to get out of situation due to the poorly designed edgeways.

And how about those items strewn about the rooftops. It's annoying to pass over one pile of junk (empty tomatoe cans, ball of yarn, etc) just to get stopped by another? I just wish they would have some consistency in that world.

I am glad I am not the only one experiencing these problems any time I am there.

I wish they would either change the walking patterns back or fix all those glitches.....Seems like it would be easier to change things back to the way they were!

And, yes, what is with the fact that you can easily pass over some items and then get stuck and can't pass over others of the same type of thing?

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Aw come on guys, this is a game and any game worth playing should have it's challenges.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Indigo2056 wrote:
Aw come on guys, this is a game and any game worth playing should have it's challenges.

The quests are challenging, the monsters are challenging, the puzzles are challenging. Walking should not be a challenge.