Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for Gms. Balance or myth?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
which do you thhink is more worth picking, balance or myth?

I think you should pick balance over myth, but thats just my opinon.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
there is no better school but i am trying out a balance but as for myth...it is hard in dragonspyre but to be honest, most of the bosses are soloable after you get orthrus for myth .so honestly i say myth (NOT TO BE OFFENSIVE AGINST ANY BALANCE PEOPLE.)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
Balance

I did, but it seems to be less worth it in the end

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
KiansDad wrote:
Why choose? You've got 6 wizard seats available.

because i have from highest to lowest, ice balance life death storm fire
but balance cant seem to hold its own in places like the crystal place in ds

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Balance is hard to solo with because when you're fighting another balance creature, you can use balance damage spells without a big resist in the way. You have to stick with spells like Spectral Blast, and Hydra, or use other school spells, which can be annoying. Balance is fun though because it's great for 1v1 PvP

Myth is great for to solo with because you can easily get around shields and such. Most creatures don't use more than of the same shield at a time. Only thing I don't like is that Orthrus is a single-target spell. You do have Humongofrog and Earthquake though. Myth is pretty good for PvP too.

In my opinion, both schools have equal advantages and disadvantages. Up to you to choose what you think is better

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
KiansDad wrote:

There are seven schools. What if this person is trying to chose their last wizard?

Personally I like balance. I ran myth and as someone said it gets extremely frustrating when you hit DS, it just isn't strong enough in many situations and with mostly having spells that only hit one target it makes battles take even longer than they do there.

But it really depends on what you want to do. If PvP is your thing then either of these are supposed to be good, though I have heard many, many people say that Myth is the best in there. I am guessing these people do 1v1 mostly. I just don't see how Myth compliments any other schools out there. And with Myth having Earthquake it is always destroying any traps your friends have placed.

If you are questing and are running with friends then either of these are a decent choice, but Balance is going to be most helpful. It can stand on it's own just fine in DS, but it won't be as easy as most other schools and it takes a bit more patience....Like you don't want to throw a balance blade up at the beginning of a battle because they will probably either throw weakness on you or use a tower shield. If you run Balance with Death up to Feint you can be pretty much unstoppable anywhere.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
KiansDad wrote:

There are seven schools. What if this person is trying to chose their last wizard?

Personally I like balance. I ran myth and as someone said it gets extremely frustrating when you hit DS, it just isn't strong enough in many situations and with mostly having spells that only hit one target it makes battles take even longer than they do there.

But it really depends on what you want to do. If PvP is your thing then either of these are supposed to be good, though I have heard many, many people say that Myth is the best in there. I am guessing these people do 1v1 mostly. I just don't see how Myth compliments any other schools out there. And with Myth having Earthquake it is always destroying any traps your friends have placed.

If you are questing and are running with friends then either of these are a decent choice, but Balance is going to be most helpful. It can stand on it's own just fine in DS, but it won't be as easy as most other schools and it takes a bit more patience....Like you don't want to throw a balance blade up at the beginning of a battle because they will probably either throw weakness on you or use a tower shield. If you run Balance with Death up to Feint you can be pretty much unstoppable anywhere.
True but life has NO attacks that hit all

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
oceandaydreamer wrote:
KiansDad wrote:

True but life has NO attacks that hit all

Um...I never claimed it did! And what did that have to do with it??? I never even mentioned Life in my original post so why are you quoting me?.

But if I was to mention Life I will say that I would rather solo with a Life wizard than a Myth one. At least you have all the heals you could possibly need, and it costs a LOT less to cast them with power pips, and you get a very good amount of health. Also if you are smart enough to take Death to Feint with it, and Ice to Tower Shield; then you have a pretty unstoppable wizard. Fights would still be slow but you will survive them a lot easier. I use my Life wizards for farming A LOT. They make great solo wizards.