Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Free ride

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Today while hunting spiders in griz Duncan Iceshild would join my fight but would just let the timer run out and not cast anything. So I asked him if he was just letting me fight alone and he just answeared LOL. I hit the Flee button. But this is one of the problem with people being able to join a fight. It is so makes me so mad at times. Dont get me wrong... Some times there are good people. But there are just so many out there trying to get free exp.

Delver
May 04, 2009
There's another wizard like that running around in Mooshu. He joins a fight and just put shields on himself. Once in a while he will cast a wand spell. He has tons of pips in front of him, and doesn't cast any power spells. I ended up defeating everyone by myself. Sorry I don't remember his name. He did this to me twice, and then when I finished the second battle, I pressed "escape" and switched realms to lose him.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
SAMANTHA521 wrote:
Today while hunting spiders in griz Duncan Iceshild would join my fight but would just let the timer run out and not cast anything. So I asked him if he was just letting me fight alone and he just answeared LOL. I hit the Flee button. But this is one of the problem with people being able to join a fight. It is so makes me so mad at times. Dont get me wrong... Some times there are good people. But there are just so many out there trying to get free exp.

if you dont cast a spell you get 0 xp
though he might get credit twoards his quest

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
yea, also what is the fun in that anyways and the point in playing the game? that is just boring! i did that once though, but it wasnt on purpose. my friend on there wanted to show me something in one of the worlds, and i was a low level, she a high level, and she told me to just keep passing, and there was someone she was fighting with but didnt know. so i hope they didnt think i was doing the same thing. haha

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
What's worse is it gives an easy opportunity to grief. See someone in trouble? Join, wait for another mob to jump in and flee.
Even if the player survives, it makes the fight much longer and more tedious.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
i hate it when people do that! sometimes, though, they don't do it on purpose. If you get sucked into a fight, and you're away from the keyboard (afk) then your character just sits there. but if they ARE casting spells on themselves, then they're just being mean. So please don't do it!

Victoria SpiritBlossom, level 27 theurgist