Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Real People as Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Ok so henchmen are so cool. I don't use crowns but some of friends do and they are awesome. I think that in addition to the computer henchmen we could have real people as hencmen like a job. Here is how it would work: You go to a place where you could sign up for the job. There is a preset price of gold depending on what level you are at. Like current henchmen you can only summon during battle. The sommoner can look at your level, stats, and price. If he picks you the game will automatically port you into battle. At the end of the battle the henchman goes to wherever he was before and the money is transfered over. Once it is over the game will ask the sommoner if he or she would like to request for the same henchmen and if the henchman agrees then he or she will automatically port to the same person the next time they are in battle and the gold and stuff will be transfered again.

Also: The henchmen can not flee during battle even if he or she dies. If the sommoner wants to fire the henchmen they can do so however they still get paid. The henchmen recieves gold, items, and expierance as normal. Certain parts of the game ,maybe, you can not use these types of henchmen. Maybe there can be an option for the henchman to name his own price so that he is more likely to get sommoned and the sommoner can choose from these people also.
New idea!: people can pay with crowns but since crowns cost real money it just transfers the crowns into gold

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Funnyand77 wrote:
I REALLY like ur idea!!!! :D

Thanks so much. Plz other peole post changes and comments

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Cool! An easy way to get gold! :D and i am a lvl 50 so i will get lots of money!

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I see pros and cons to this a few pros are it may provide a new and exciting experience for the high level players who have already beat Malistare like myself and need something to do. Some cons could be people would ONLY pick the high level henchmen if they can't afford it they just won't pick a henchmen at all so the lower ranked players(Like my Balance wizard level 11) won't get picked if they sign up for the job because they want to oh say need to fight that same boss with help. :-)

David IceTalon Level 50 Grandmaster Diviner
Chase IceTalon Level 11 Initiate Sorcerer
Alexander DeathHunter Level 10 Intiate Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
jck96 wrote:
I see pros and cons to this a few pros are it may provide a new and exciting experience for the high level players who have already beat Malistare like myself and need something to do. Some cons could be people would ONLY pick the high level henchmen if they can't afford it they just won't pick a henchmen at all so the lower ranked players(Like my Balance wizard level 11) won't get picked if they sign up for the job because they want to oh say need to fight that same boss with help. :-)

David IceTalon Level 50 Grandmaster Diviner
Chase IceTalon Level 11 Initiate Sorcerer
Alexander DeathHunter Level 10 Intiate Sorcerer

You do have a point. However i think that low level people will still get picked. The first reason is if you want to save as much money as possible you would hire a lowest level as possible. You also need to remember that low level people who are hiring don't get as much gold to pay with so they might just pay for low level. Anyway thanks for reading and posting!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Maybe a queue like the PvP you could wait in till called?
I would still think the player needing help would spend crowns, but I would give the 'Player Henchman' tickets like the PvP to redeem for equipment once he had enough.
How many tickets? I would have a rating scale: worked hard (5) to sat idle (0), and multiple it by 10% level. So a levle 50 could earn 0-25 tickets, with a good level 50 item costing 2000 tickets or so....

Explorer
May 22, 2009
4computer wrote:
Ok so henchmen are so cool. I don't use crowns but some of friends do and they are awesome. I think that in addition to the computer henchmen we could have real people as hencmen like a job. Here is how it would work: You go to a place where you could sign up for the job. There is a preset price of gold depending on what level you are at. Like current henchmen you can only summon during battle. The sommoner can look at your level, stats, and price. If he picks you the game will automatically port you into battle. At the end of the battle the henchman goes to wherever he was before and the money is transfered over. Once it is over the game will ask the sommoner if he or she would like to request for the same henchmen and if the henchman agrees then he or she will automatically port to the same person the next time they are in battle and the gold and stuff will be transfered again.

Also: The henchmen can not flee during battle even if he or she dies. If the sommoner wants to fire the henchmen they can do so however they still get paid. The henchmen recieves gold, items, and expierance as normal. Certain parts of the game ,maybe, you can not use these types of henchmen. Maybe there can be an option for the henchman to name his own price so that he is more likely to get sommoned and the sommoner can choose from these people also.

I'm confused. Isn't there something like this at the crown shop except I'm pretty sure the people aren't real.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
jlcool6 wrote:
4computer wrote:

I'm confused. Isn't there something like this at the crown shop except I'm pretty sure the people aren't real.

Thats the point it's a new idea. They're already is henchmen that you can hire but my idea describes REAL people hiring Real other people to help.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Maybe a queue like the PvP you could wait in till called?
I would still think the player needing help would spend crowns, but I would give the 'Player Henchman' tickets like the PvP to redeem for equipment once he had enough.
How many tickets? I would have a rating scale: worked hard (5) to sat idle (0), and multiple it by 10% level. So a levle 50 could earn 0-25 tickets, with a good level 50 item costing 2000 tickets or so....

Yah I kind of thought about a queue. This is how it would work. It would be like P VS. P except it doesn't ask you if your ready or not because the people who need help can not wait. i get your other idea but the people who are hiring might not judge fairly and they might not even cair lol.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
I'd just feel like helping so I'd do it for 1 gold.

William winddreamer level 45 ice