Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

henchmen need to be reprogrammed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
i would like to suggest to reprogram the henchmen to work with the player as a team player. a henchmen takes orders from his leader, these henchmen do not. they act more like minions than true henchmen.
the henchmen especially life should heal the player, use absorb, shields, and every so often use offensive spells. basically henchmen should defend player and attack when they can. they should also draw attacks away from the player.
Please reprogram the henchmen to act like henchmen and not like minions who would probably do better just need more health. life henchmen : 1st should heal at all times, 2nd use absorb and shields, 3rd use other spells. other henchmen should follow same basic function shields,healing then blades, wards, attack spells.
i just wasted 80 crowns cause the henchmen are not programmed to act as a team player. also give them taunt or reprogram enemies to attack them too.
i think this would be a simple task to reprogram them to act as henchmen to be a team player not chaotic. or let players decide what spell the henchmen use basically player chooses their spell first then the henchmen next. minions could still do their own thing, but henchmen for the cost should do what the player wants not just be random.
please fix this and make the game fun to use henchmen or you have just wasted time, gameplay, etc. by creating a useless minion that costs crowns and does not do what the player who paid them to do what they want.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Hey, why stop at henchmen? Minions are none too bright, themselves.

But it's true. These things are a mess. I almost got myself killed hiring a life henchman thinking s/he would heal me. Nope. Just me after being abandoned by my group at the end of instance thinking some crowns could help fill the void. Oh, was I wrong.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I have seen life henchmen heal (in fact, last time I fought they healed me twice and added one absorb) as well as fight. They do this, more often than friends do actually...

Henchmen do draw fire. If you hold off for the big killer spell, they will toss little spells first and draw the ire of your foes. If you can hold off on the baby spells, and wait for the killer spells, you should be fine.

The only thing I would add is analysis features: A) 'friend analysis'...is a friend hurt, shall I heal. We do this as players, and we all (well, the team players) carry heal other type of spells and use them when necessary. B) 'enemy analysis'. Don't throw storm spells at the storm boss, etc. Know when a shield is up and remove with a low pip spell, etc.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
i have never seen a life henchmen heal, but the sprite minions seems to heal like crazy. also, i have never seen a henchmen draw enemy attacks, but i have seen minions draw enemy attacks both with and without taunt.
i can see minions having more of a mind of there own, but henchmen should be better after all they are paid for with real money lol ie money to crowns to buy henchmen.
i have used henchment 3 times once to try it out which was not worth it. the other was 2 to help with the coven which they failed miserably especially when a real player left after a round. it was life and ice henchmen and the coven all targeted me gee lets do the math 4 vs 1, 4000+ health per raven (8000+ total health) vs little over 2000 health. they do 400+ damage total per turn average so i can only last 5tns mostly tring to heal, defend, with no attacks, i managed to get my minion out who helped me more than wither of the 2 henchmen. Are minions smarter than henchmen since they are not paid?
i was with 49th level death myth with little storm next attempt will be with 45+ life ice fire guy. i mean henchmen work in other games online or tabletop and so do minions.
oh by the way i need help beating the coven any takers

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
newwarrior1 wrote:
i would like to suggest to reprogram the henchmen to work with the player as a team player. a henchmen takes orders from his leader, these henchmen do not. they act more like minions than true henchmen.
the henchmen especially life should heal the player, use absorb, shields, and every so often use offensive spells. basically henchmen should defend player and attack when they can. they should also draw attacks away from the player.
Please reprogram the henchmen to act like henchmen and not like minions who would probably do better just need more health. life henchmen : 1st should heal at all times, 2nd use absorb and shields, 3rd use other spells. other henchmen should follow same basic function shields,healing then blades, wards, attack spells.
i just wasted 80 crowns cause the henchmen are not programmed to act as a team player. also give them taunt or reprogram enemies to attack them too.
i think this would be a simple task to reprogram them to act as henchmen to be a team player not chaotic. or let players decide what spell the henchmen use basically player chooses their spell first then the henchmen next. minions could still do their own thing, but henchmen for the cost should do what the player wants not just be random.
please fix this and make the game fun to use henchmen or you have just wasted time, gameplay, etc. by creating a useless minion that costs crowns and does not do what the player who paid them to do what they want.

I agree i bought a lvl 30 life, and she only healed me once, with sprite, to rounds before it ended so i only healed from her like 120

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
I agree i bought a lvl 30 life, and she only healed me once, with sprite, to rounds before it ended so i only healed from her like 120
Consider yourself lucky! My son and I got a lvl 50 life henchman, that burned two feint traps with wand swats and NEVER healed anyone but himself (and he had perfect health being in the last position). My son said, good thing it was on sale. :( I said, I want our crowns back!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I'm a grandmaster theurgist I love to summon the level 40 storm hench guy, Blaine Seastrider. And sometimes I hire other ones too, when I hire more than one, they start blading each other, and I thought that was pretty funny.

If you say something like for example, "Sondra Lifegiver, cast Seraph on that ruffian on the red combat circle" they can't hear you, they're NPC people. It's like talking to a NPC like Dorothy Gale.

So nice thought, but I don't think it'll work.

Caroline Sunbright

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
I think she was more thinking that henchmen should follow the leader...as in cast spells on the target you are attacking. That's the way you do it in a battle where your friends help you. I think this would work better. they can choose their own attacks, but only on the target you designate, by attacking yourself. Or you should get to choose what they attack with. That would make things easier.