Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

slow loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
has anyone else's loading time gotten longer
as for instance going through tunnels or porting...etc..etc

and if so is there a fix or update..would uninstalling wizard101 and reinstalling it help

nevermind i guess i am the only player on wizard101 who take 57 seconds to go through a tunnel and to go from one area to another such as wizard city commons to golem court and inbetween 25 - 47 second to port...Please i beg you to forgive me for asking such a dumb question

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
troubled1 wrote:
has anyone else's loading time gotten longer
as for instance going through tunnels or porting...etc..etc

and if so is there a fix or update..would uninstalling wizard101 and reinstalling it help

nevermind i guess i am the only player on wizard101 who take 57 seconds to go through a tunnel and to go from one area to another such as wizard city commons to golem court and inbetween 25 - 47 second to port...Please i beg you to forgive me for asking such a dumb question

Wow....harsh, can't believe they let it thru

BUT anyways YES i have the SAME issue, I have read where someone said to maybe dump some treasure cards? It maybe effected load times?

I tried it, and it did squat :(

So I TOO would like to know how in the world to fix this issue, and i'm even a member too :/

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I also have this same issue on my grand master character. Every time I go throuh a door it sits there and says (Not responding), but eventually goes. I have also tried getting rid of treasure cards but it did not have an affect. I do not have this issue on my lower level characters, just my grand.

Administrator
Sometimes we're finding that a specific items is the cause of this.
Brady's Solar Cowl is one of the items that can cause loading issues, and we're investigating why and how to fix this.

If you don't mind, do an experiment for us - before you transition between two areas, remove your hat and place it in your backpack.
Move between the two areas and see if you notice a difference in load time.
If not, put the hat back on.
If you DO notice a difference, write down the name of that item.

Repeat those steps for each of the items you have equipped and if you notice that one item in particular makes a difference, list the name of the item here, and whether or not you've used that item in the stitching process.

Thank you, together we'll solve this.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
yes, i have the same problem before.
but since my computer had a problem and had to be fixed( i downloaded the game again) it says it will only take about 5 minutes or so to finish patching, but it's stuck on dialogue for hours and still hasn't moved a centimeter.

oh why o why is it taking too long? :(

please please help me.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Hi I have the same problem it takes about 30-60 seconds to teleport or go through an area and it gets really lagy. When my guy was lower(he is now level 48) my computer was absolutely fine! But now one of my computers crashed and so I am playing on my sisters computer but it takes so long and it shuts down after 1-2 hours of gameplay it says monitor going to sleep but it just shuts off then even though the monitor should have nothing to do with my hardrive. Oh and also if I go into a fighting area it shuts down very quickly like 15 minutes but before that it gets so lagy that it just usually freezes or exits the game or shuts down...Now you may be thinking why I have not sent a bug report in since this has been happening for a few months but I have...they said that I only have like 456 megabites but this computer I have not loaded any of my games on since my old computer had them all on and it would takes hours to install them all back on...the computer works relatively fine its only 2 years old but it slow but it never shuts down except when on wizard101...but back to the point I have thousands of megabites and they said I couldn't even play wizard101!!I already had it installed and could play but not well and can never fight espescially in dungeons but no fighting too.I said i would send them another DxDiag tag but I dont want to delete more stuff since there nothing installed on my computer so I don't think I will get to it.I even thought of getting my computer fixed for a couple hundred dollars but I decided against it. I will still buy stuff on wizard101 with crowns and stuff but I think they should have tried a bit harder(they did but still) I have spent over 400 dollars for membership and crowns for me and a couple of my friends within the past 6 months. I am not saying they should do whatever I say because I dont pay their whole paychecks but I think they should have at least helped me a bit more. I will still buy crowns on your game but I am rethinking membership unless i fix my computer or get a new one. If I get a laptop sometime hopefully then forget this this is the best game ever with no problems BUT the chance of me spendings hundred on a laptop or new computer just for wizard101 and I dont even get stuff for it those chances are very very small. I hope you read this and thank you if you consider this idea.

Thanks

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Sometimes we're finding that a specific items is the cause of this.
Brady's Solar Cowl is one of the items that can cause loading issues, and we're investigating why and how to fix this.

If you don't mind, do an experiment for us - before you transition between two areas, remove your hat and place it in your backpack.
Move between the two areas and see if you notice a difference in load time.
If not, put the hat back on.
If you DO notice a difference, write down the name of that item.

Repeat those steps for each of the items you have equipped and if you notice that one item in particular makes a difference, list the name of the item here, and whether or not you've used that item in the stitching process.

Thank you, together we'll solve this.

My problem, ma'am is that it takes 90% of my CPU while it is patching and the patching takes about 45 minutes. What is up with that?!?!?!?!?