Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weather themes?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Hey all,
i was thinking, would it be cool to have weather themes in w101? For example: In winter, there would be snow everywhere in wizard city. Or in spring: flowers everywhere.

What do you think? I think it would be pretty darn cool to walk around in snow.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Hey all,
i was thinking, would it be cool to have weather themes in w101? For example: In winter, there would be snow everywhere in wizard city. Or in spring: flowers everywhere.

I think it would be nice too. I was wishing that they could have had snow falling for Christmas, it would have been really cool. Christmas really needed some work this past one anyway...it was kind of lame compared to Halloween.

I am sure it takes a lot of work to make and run those graphics in different areas, but maybe it's something that they could think about for the future.

Maybe for summer they could have a beach theme, add in some palm trees, sand, a volleyball net...lol.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
To answer this post think about it, this game is worldwide, while it's winter in China it would be summer in Brazil. The weather themes would be nice but I think it would be a bit of a conflict on deciding what hemishpere the weather should be based on.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
arc1 wrote:
To answer this post think about it, this game is worldwide, while it's winter in China it would be summer in Brazil. The weather themes would be nice but I think it would be a bit of a conflict on deciding what hemishpere the weather should be based on.

Well ya but on that note there was a thanksgiving person and they don't celebrate that in other countries

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
arc1 wrote:

Well ya but on that note there was a thanksgiving person and they don't celebrate that in other countries

Well, maybe not thanksgiving, but that person was called Harvest Hannah, and they referred to the holiday as the "Harvest Festival," which is celebrated around the world. I don't understand how it could be world wide because the chat filters don't allow you say things in other languages, so the game would only be in English speaking countries, however there's still climate differences. I think they could have weather if they have holidays, though.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Hey all,

i actually love the idea, it especially if it is winter and it doesnt snow, it makes me feel sad, so at least i can walk through snow on wizard101