Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new big thing.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
I have recently come upon a growing amount of people who are claiming to be Employed by Kings Isle. What these people do is claim to work for you guys and say they are paid to watch the area and report any wrong doing. I have one major theory as to why this is happening.
I believe that so many people have been scammed for treasure card with claims of gifts with crowns that they have gone to the extreme to try and stop it. These kids think that surely if you say you will buy someone a mount then run off or just flat out leave that Kings Isle will have their backs on this when they report them. Not very many of these kids read the message boards and when I try to explain to them that it is a buyer beware situation they get very upset and either lie and say that they know people who have been banned for this or they go to extremes to try and get that person back by saying they work for King Isle.
I truly believe that problem like these will grow with intensity until something can be done to help these kids. To someone like myself I understand why they can't be prosecuted for this but the kids simple think " that's not fair ". They don't care about the law and how it works all they know is that they were promised a mount and then they were ripped off and lied to. Now as someone who was ripped off a long time ago in a game called Ultima Online I know how these kids feel and when they say these things they do not think about the problems that will ensue.
I am asking that King Isle do something... anything about this because I think that you will both have more problems that come from this in the form of reporting and cursing as well as people going to the extremes to try to "get back at the guy/gal"
Maybe you can even do a thing like you did with the Test Realm party the other day where you had that message pop up and say something like this for instance!

" (DEAR WIZARDS,
WE RECENTLY HAVE HAD MANY DISHONEST WIZARDS WITHIN THE SPIRAL THAT WILL CLAIM TO GIFT YOU A VARIETY OF ITEMS FROM THE CROWN SHOP SUCH AS MOUNTS, OUTFITS, ECT.. BEWARE THAT IT IS NOT A REPORTABLE OFFENSE TO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE DEAL AS MANY HAVE BEEN DOING LATELY. BUYER BEWARE AND ONLY TRADE WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE CLOSE FRIENDS THAT PEOPLE YOU TRUST AND EVEN THEN BE CAREFUL!)"

I think that if you flashed something like this you would cut way down on the amount of reporting that is currently going on. Well I wanted to put that out there since I have seen this problem grow with ungodly speed!

Thanks for reading,
Matthew Lifegiver Grand Master Lifewizard for Life

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I love this post. It is an indication that Kings Isle, by lack of response to users, has allowed a really ugly situation to make Wiz 101 appear unsafe. Since becoming a member, around 7 months ago, I would periodically go to the commons offering free cards (cards I had made and no longer needed, enhanced cards that could not be sold at the bazaar). The cards slow down my "loading" time, and I have no way of remedying that without giving them away.

Recently, I have noticed a big decrease in acceptance of this legit offer of free cards. In fact, the other morning I was informed that I was being ignored for such an offer and then this user proceeded to cuss me out, incessently with numerous whispers. Kids are so afraid that they might get ripped off they miss out on this offering. Kings Isle has made a great "rip off proof" card trading system within the game. Unfortunately, right now fear is king in Wizard 101 because people are not clear on how card trading works. Could it be time for a card trading tutorial?

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
MordanTheGreat wrote:
I love this post. It is an indication that Kings Isle, by lack of response to users, has allowed a really ugly situation to make Wiz 101 appear unsafe. Since becoming a member, around 7 months ago, I would periodically go to the commons offering free cards (cards I had made and no longer needed, enhanced cards that could not be sold at the bazaar). The cards slow down my "loading" time, and I have no way of remedying that without giving them away.

Recently, I have noticed a big decrease in acceptance of this legit offer of free cards. In fact, the other morning I was informed that I was being ignored for such an offer and then this user proceeded to cuss me out, incessently with numerous whispers. Kids are so afraid that they might get ripped off they miss out on this offering. Kings Isle has made a great "rip off proof" card trading system within the game. Unfortunately, right now fear is king in Wizard 101 because people are not clear on how card trading works. Could it be time for a card trading tutorial?

YES a card trading tutorial would be very helpful.
as it is now just looking at the trade window you do not know which side is yours or theirs and needs to have confermation windows pop up
like 'Are you sure you want to do this?' with yes and no buttons.
IDK lol I never have traded because I'm not sure how trading works either LOL