Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charity mount idea for Haiti

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Since the mount for children's charities was such a huge success. Why not do one for the relief effort in Haiti? If there was ever a need this would be one. This is a great community and it would be wonderful to come together and do something to help.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Nice idea gabbyknght! I like it! XD
-Emma MoonHunter
Lvl 43 Ice goddes 8)

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
what a great idea. So how do we spread the word or like actually get someone from ki to read it?

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
Oh my gosh! This is an AMAZING idea! alright, here are some suggestions:

-Rocklossus(Pet) comes with free card-Earthquake
-Obsidian Wand/Staff(Wand/Staff) comes with 80 damage Wand Attack
-Island Garments(Outfit) comes with card-Earthquake
-Quake Qat(Mount-a Rock Lion or Tiger) comes with card-Earthquake

Remember all of these will go to Haiti to help! Please, I'm begging you! Our entire school is making fundraisers for Haiti!

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
gabbyknight wrote:
Since the mount for children's charities was such a huge success. Why not do one for the relief effort in Haiti? If there was ever a need this would be one. This is a great community and it would be wonderful to come together and do something to help.

I like that idea I mean there in a lot right now that would be kinda cool to help out.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
I have been thinking the same thing! But, lots of games dont do charity ideas this quick, PLZ KINGSISLE DON"T BE LIKE THEM AND DO A CHARITY MOUNT! as for what the creature might be...

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i totally agree with you the people in haiti are in serious danger that giant earthquake OUCH! so i think wizard101 can make a new charity mount called the lifesavers mount its tiget just like the meowmdon only its colors are the same colors of the haiti flag.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
gabbyknight wrote:

As much as I want to agree with you Gabbyknight, I can not on this topic. Local children charities are one thing but when proposing to send money to a dictatorship country that’s a completely different story. Honesty, how much of that money will reach the population. Sad to say, the country is a failed state prior to the earthquake and will be after everyone leaves the country. In stead of throwing the money away, I would suggest sending food and water before any type of money.

Administrator
We appreciate that our fans want to help, but the best way you can do this is through the official channels set up by the Red Cross.

You can use your cell phone to text "Haiti" to 90999 and $10 will be charged to your cell phone bill and sent to the Red Cross, or you can make a donation through their website at http://www.redcross.org/.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
As much as I want to agree with you Gabbyknight, I can not on this topic. Local children charities are one thing but when proposing to send money to a dictatorship country that’s a completely different story. Honesty, how much of that money will reach the population. Sad to say, the country is a failed state prior to the earthquake and will be after everyone leaves the country. In stead of throwing the money away, I would suggest sending food and water before any type of money.

It could have been set up to go directly to the Red Cross..

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
agree with wizardwarrior to an extent.

agree with greyrose for sure.

the reason the mount idea won't work is because KI doesn't necessarily have the means to secure the transfer of money internationally. plus, it would be much faster to just donate directly from the individual to entities already able to provide support in Haiti. that, and the money would be delayed by the simple fact that the mount would have to be designed, coded, published...

that said, look into the red cross' ability to operate at the moment. any money would help for sure, but the red cross in haiti has been demolished. to be sure, they will be up and operational sooner than later, but there are other entities who provide similar help and are logistically able to turn donations into relief faster at the moment.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Came to Message boards to suggest this as well. I would definately buy more crowns for this worthy cause, but Wiz 101 is right - direct donations are better. God Bless and help Haiti as long as they need it...

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
It would be so nice to help the people in Haiti. Maybe the mount would be riding on a lightning bat or how about riding in a small car or motorcycle!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
We appreciate that our fans want to help, but the best way you can do this is through the official channels set up by the Red Cross.

You can use your cell phone to text "Haiti" to 90999 and $10 will be charged to your cell phone bill and sent to the Red Cross, or you can make a donation through their website at http://www.redcross.org/.

Ah, this will work. I feel better about this method. Thanks for the information.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Awesome idea! I wish Merle would see your subject! But, for the Haiti mount it could be a faster mount. 8)I would buy that. I mean, me and my friends ave races fun so faster? Get my point?

~gabbrielle silverdust ice level 46

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
gabbyknight wrote:

Seriously WizardWarrier! How would you feel if you had an earthquake and you were trapped for two weeks under a building without water? YOU WOULD DIE, WOULDNT YOU? I would. I like the idea of a charity mount. But, what if Merle already has the money going to Haiti? We dont know.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
pineapple24253 wrote:
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
gabbyknight wrote:

Seriously WizardWarrier! How would you feel if you had an earthquake and you were trapped for two weeks under a building without water? YOU WOULD DIE, WOULDNT YOU? I would. I like the idea of a charity mount. But, what if Merle already has the money going to Haiti? We dont know.

Exactly

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
gabbyknight wrote:

I would help do that cause i know people in the military ever there :)