Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redemption Codes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I must say that as a paying member of this site i feel that i get no benefits to the game. I have listed a few things that i think a subscriber should get.

1. A subscriber should be allotted crown on a monthly basis or make things that cost crowns available to the subscriber for free, but with limited access.
2. Explain to me why whenever i enter a promotional code they are always already used up. As a subscriber i should automatically get these free things, otherwise what is the point.
3. I feel the subscribers should get a discount from all shops. Not much, just like 5% or something, including the bazaar. This would make up for the fact that we don't have crowns to purchase cool gear like others do.

overall i think these would make huge improvements to the game. As it stands now i think that paying for the subscription was a waste of my money. I can't buy really cool items on the fly, i always come up short on the promotional codes, and stuff still costs the same.

another way to make the subscribers feel appreciated is give them access to a new world that you can only access as a subscriber. Make it so nobody can buy access to it with crowns. Then put a seperate arena in there, because i am sick and tired of haveing to fight people who just buy a bunch of treasure cards and cool equip just so they can destroy somebody of equal level with a subscription. You want to make it even, balance it or give us something unique.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
1. You do realize that crowns are a way for KI to make money? As such, why would KI want to give crowns away to subscribers on a monthly basis, when purchasing them is already possible for both subscribers and non-subscribers?

As is, in many of the contests KI holds for members, crowns are many times given as prize awards...In otherwords, it's a 'cash' gift of sort. Along with they also give as prizes, subscriptions. But to expect them to give you a cash allowance every month, in the form of crowns, is totally unrealistic.

KI is in the business of making money. Not paying members to play. Of which giving subscribers monthly crown allotments is just that...Asking KI to pay you for playing. As such, it's unrealistic to expect or ask them to do in the first place.

2. About the promotional codes...Depends a lot on how you're getting that promotional code. If you're getting it from another player? As in their sending it to you after they've bought it/won it and then used it themselves?

Here's the thing...Promotional codes are only good for a one-time give away or a limited time give away. That means if someone is giving you a promotional code from a magazine, contest, gift card, or gift certificate? That code is only good for one time use. And it can't be passed player to player, as the item was already given to whoever used it first...Each individual magazine, contest, gift card, and gift certificate has it's own code for a single pet for a single player. So you're out of luck if someone gave you a promotional code after they've used it themselves.

The ONLY way you can get such a promotional item is if you purchase your own magazine, gift card, gift certificate, or won your own code in a contest...And just as nobody can give you their promotional code, you can't use your promotional code and then pass that code to another player for use. Because they're a 'one time use' promotional code.

Although you'll find plenty of scammers who will offer you a used promotional code for trade throughout the game.

Now if you're talking about like the KI b-day hats that came out a few months ago? They actually re-released those hats later because the first code met it's maximum allowance. So they re-issued a promotional code so players that didn't get their hats, could. BUT if you missed the deadline of when the release ended? You're kinda out of luck as it was a limited time edition.

3. If you don't have crowns to purchase crown items, then BUY crowns to purchase crown items. If you don't want to purchase crowns, then farm the bosses that drop the crown items you want.

There are other ways to get crown items in the game. You may also like to check out the game updates...

Crown gear is now purchaseable through the Crown Store. And if you pay attention to the sale page in the Crown Store, you'll be able to catch the crown gear on sale time-to-time. Also, the regular gear stores now also sell the crown items.

There is no reason for KI to create an incentive to give subscribers a discount in the Bazaar. As it is, the Bazaar actually IS a form of discount store to begin with. Because the prices change depending on the availability of an item, and you can get items at a 'steal' if there's more then 26, 51, 76, and 99 of them up for sale.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
1. You do realize that crowns are a way for KI to make money? As such, why would KI want to give crowns away to subscribers on a monthly basis, when purchasing them is already possible for both subscribers and non-subscribers?

As is, in many of the contests KI holds for members, crowns are many times given as prize awards...In otherwords, it's a 'cash' gift of sort. Along with they also give as prizes, subscriptions. But to expect them to give you a cash allowance every month, in the form of crowns, is totally unrealistic.

KI is in the business of making money. Not paying members to play. Of which giving subscribers monthly crown allotments is just that...Asking KI to pay you for playing. As such, it's unrealistic to expect or ask them to do in the first place.

2. About the promotional codes...Depends a lot on how you're getting that promotional code. If you're getting it from another player? As in their sending it to you after they've bought it/won it and then used it themselves?

Here's the thing...Promotional codes are only good for a one-time give away or a limited time give away. That means if someone is giving you a promotional code from a magazine, contest, gift card, or gift certificate? That code is only good for one time use. And it can't be passed player to player, as the item was already given to whoever used it first...Each individual magazine, contest, gift card, and gift certificate has it's own code for a single pet for a single player. So you're out of luck if someone gave you a promotional code after they've used it themselves.

The ONLY way you can get such a promotional item is if you purchase your own magazine, gift card, gift certificate, or won your own code in a contest...And just as nobody can give you their promotional code, you can't use your promotional code and then pass that code to another player for use. Because they're a 'one time use' promotional code.

Although you'll find plenty of scammers who will offer you a used promotional code for trade throughout the game.

Now if you're talking about like the KI b-day hats that came out a few months ago? They actually re-released those hats later because the first code met it's maximum allowance. So they re-issued a promotional code so players that didn't get their hats, could. BUT if you missed the deadline of when the release ended? You're kinda out of luck as it was a limited time edition.

3. If you don't have crowns to purchase crown items, then BUY crowns to purchase crown items. If you don't want to purchase crowns, then farm the bosses that drop the crown items you want.

There are other ways to get crown items in the game. You may also like to check out the game updates...

Crown gear is now purchaseable through the Crown Store. And if you pay attention to the sale page in the Crown Store, you'll be able to catch the crown gear on sale time-to-time. Also, the regular gear stores now also sell the crown items.

There is no reason for KI to create an incentive to give subscribers a discount in the Bazaar. As it is, the Bazaar actually IS a form of discount store to begin with. Because the prices change depending on the availability of an item, and you can get items at a 'steal' if there's more then 26, 51, 76, and 99 of them up for sale.

I totally agree with you and I posted a article about this a while ago about how people of all ages have this entitlement mentality now and expect everything to be handed to t hem. Not only that most people aren't even aware that we are in a very bad recession right now and I am sure KI is feeling the effects of this also. I thought of one thing, maybe to have some kind of rewards program for people who spend any dollar amount of real money on the game and for each level they hit they recieve some kind of status behind the scenes which give them access to things either at discounted prices or something like that. I dont know if any of you have seen the movie Up in the Air lately but I think that movie says a lot about Brand Loyalty and how a company can show you how they appreciate yours! (loyalty)

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
dude you do realize that your askig they PAY YOU for playing have you not noticed the economy dude? to tell you the truth this is pretyy cheap this game is almost on equal ranking on several onlline game site with world of war craft which is like the best online game that has been rated do you realize this game is really CHEAP and even if this game was 20 dollars or 15 dollars for month you have got to realize even though KI is a great company and a very nice one they still have to make a living and get money like all people