Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Ambrose Evil?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
Does anyone know whether or not ambrose is really one of the good guys, or a undercover bad guy who has secret evil plans for wizard city,and uses you as a henchman?Ambrose is a mysterious person, with very mysterious past and tends not to talk about it.Will Ki expalin ambrose orgins later in the new worlds?

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
I personally consider him VERY evil (He wont give me anymore quests, I am sooo bored because of him) But I just think he is a fake, cuz honestly, he didnt fight malistare when he had the chance, instead he sits in one spot for all eternity, while sending his new students to do his dirty work, plus, has anyone ACTUALLY seen him cast a spell? Sure, he makes that staff of his float, but with some magnets, he could easily make it look like magic. In total, evil? Maybe, fake? More than likely.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
Haha. No Headmaster Ambrose is not evil at all xD even thought he's a lazy butt and doesn't do anything, he still wants to defeat Malistaire like everyone else throughout the spiral. and he probably doesn't do any magic because he's too old ;) lol jk maybe in this new year he'll do something interesting.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I think he just might be. He is always telling me to hurry back to Wizard City right when I am getting things moving in another world. Why couldn't he just once say, "no hurry young wizard, but when you have a moment and you are in the neighborhood...."????

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
susumi3 wrote:
Haha. No Headmaster Ambrose is not evil at all xD even thought he's a lazy butt and doesn't do anything, he still wants to defeat Malistaire like everyone else throughout the spiral. and he probably doesn't do any magic because he's too old ;) lol jk maybe in this new year he'll do something interesting.

yepp, he's a lazy ham.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
HAHAHAAHAHAHA is all i have to say

camowiz wrote:
I personally consider him VERY evil (He wont give me anymore quests, I am sooo bored because of him) But I just think he is a fake, cuz honestly, he didnt fight malistare when he had the chance, instead he sits in one spot for all eternity, while sending his new students to do his dirty work, plus, has anyone ACTUALLY seen him cast a spell? Sure, he makes that staff of his float, but with some magnets, he could easily make it look like magic. In total, evil? Maybe, fake? More than likely.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
fourmyant wrote:
One word.

Facepalm!

If Merle Ambrose was evil, he would never create you!

M.A never created anyone. He "summoned" them, but they were already created before that from birth, I'm guessing. Because it says clearly when you make a character: "maybe he/she was from a distant world".

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
One word.

Facepalm!

M.A never created anyone. He "summoned" them, but they were already created before that from birth, I'm guessing. Because it says clearly when you make a character: "maybe he/she was from a distant world".

Same thing though. If he was evil, he would never summon you either. Don't you all get it!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
fourmyant wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
One word.

Facepalm!

Same thing though. If he was evil, he would never summon you either. Don't you all get it!

Logically, it is very different. But I see your point.

Merle is very lazy and needs to get his butt up, though.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Yes, we can agree that Ambrose is lazy. He BORES me endlessly. But... evil? ABSOLUTELY NOT. As people have said, he would not have summoned you for any other reason than for good. Just some common sense.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
I dont no he mite be evil considering how mush he moves i mean the only time u see him move is in the tuturial before u go in that tower he is so lazy then he tells us to get a move on he sucks

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
im a lvl 32 balance and usually i figured out he is very lazy but he gives u new quests based on ur lvl before i was a lvl 30 i waited for a week leveling up until finally he gave me my new quest in grizzleheim after frostholm the place im at is called milkolm keep and it is very hard no wonder u have to be a lvl 30 to go there

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Wow. First of all. He's not real. This is a ONLINE game. And if he was evil, would he have helped you start? No! So just wait, and level up, then you'll get more quests.

Love Forever,
Casey

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Does anyone know whether or not ambrose is really one of the good guys, or a undercover bad guy who has secret evil plans for wizard city,and uses you as a henchman?Ambrose is a mysterious person, with very mysterious past and tends not to talk about it.Will Ki expalin ambrose orgins later in the new worlds?

Ambrose is not evil,he just looks like it

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
As I keep telling my husband when he complains about the NPC who wont walk the few steps to go from one point to another to talk to another NPC who is just down the street for one trivial reason or another, it wouldn't be much of a game if the NPC's did all of the quests for us. Sure Merle Ambrose could go kick Malistaire's behind, but what would there be left for us players to do? MAis definitely not evil, nor is he lazy.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
ravenhecate wrote:
As I keep telling my husband when he complains about the NPC who wont walk the few steps to go from one point to another to talk to another NPC who is just down the street for one trivial reason or another, it wouldn't be much of a game if the NPC's did all of the quests for us. Sure Merle Ambrose could go kick Malistaire's behind, but what would there be left for us players to do? MAis definitely not evil, nor is he lazy.

LOL good point!

The in-game reason is that Ambrose is so busy running Ravenwood and Wizard City that he has no time for anything else. Other npcs have reasons such as: can't leave post, too scared, etc. And I think possibly Ambrose and Malistaire were friends before M got evil. A can't go up against M because he might hesitate at a crucial moment, and M would win. We pcs don't have that problem cos we only know him as a baddie.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
ziffinite90 wrote:

I think that is a very good question. You can't blame him for not doing much, i mean have you seen how old he is(with age comes wisdom)?

Ambrose ROCKS!!

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
susumi3 wrote:
Haha. No Headmaster Ambrose is not evil at all xD even thought he's a lazy butt and doesn't do anything, he still wants to defeat Malistaire like everyone else throughout the spiral. and he probably doesn't do any magic because he's too old lol jk maybe in this new year he'll do something interesting.

yepp, he's a lazy ham.

he is not lazy, he is ANCIENT!!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
LitterbugPie wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
susumi3 wrote:
Haha. No Headmaster Ambrose is not evil at all xD even thought he's a lazy butt and doesn't do anything, he still wants to defeat Malistaire like everyone else throughout the spiral. and he probably doesn't do any magic because he's too old lol jk maybe in this new year he'll do something interesting.

yepp, he's a lazy ham.

ancient as in "old". old as in "lazy". he is lazy.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
LitterbugPie wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
susumi3 wrote:

yepp, he's a lazy ham.

ancient as in "old". old as in "lazy". he is lazy.

OR... to evil guys, good guys are bad. We could all be evil and ... oh wait if we are evil then we are good... but good is evil... o god... WHAT...IS...WHAT