Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I like that idea! we could also do the fishing as where there is a bar that goes from yellow then green in the middle and then red on the other side. You would have to get it in the green to catch the fish :D Or it could be a perssure bar , so you have to keep the fish in the green zone as the bar goes up and down.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
  1. Fishing items could be fun to use
  2. sometimes you should reel in pets
  3. sell or put fish in your house for decorations

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Hunter6242003 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
  1. Fishing items could be fun to use
  2. sometimes you should reel in pets
  3. sell or put fish in your house for decorations
Yea, I would LOVE to be able to reel in rare, and powerful pets you cant get anywhere except from fishing. Fishing sounds pretty fun, and I would like to see it in the test realm someday

-See Ya In the Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
Your bait can be a variety of baits
baits
baits
baits
baits
and so on

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
The Spiral Wizard on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
What would be our bait though?
baits shaped like the elements for the corresponding fish

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
This is an amazing idea. Ofter I have found myself board with questing and mini gaming. I wanted to distract myself like the pet derbies but was not in the mood. i can totally see myself fishing whenever I am board!

And I am a collector so if you can have different fish and trophies! Man i would love that! I hope they add this to the game!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
I think it would be cool to have this and we could win pet snacks but I know KI wont allow that due to money but, you could pay crowns to fish, lets say, 3 times for 250 crowns

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Yeah I love this idea it would be a great touch to both Wizard101 and Pirate101. Please add this in some way, shape, or form!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Fishing is a great idea! You can fish up gold, regents, pet snacks, (Slightly soggy) outfits, pets, housing items, arena tickets (How did those get there?) and more! This reminds me of crafting. And that fisher guy in Grizzleheim. Like crafting, there could be fishers on every world! You will be sent to the Fisher, who visits Wizard City in a house on Triton Avenue, and he teaches you how to fish, and gives you a housing item called a small pond. This housing item will be interactive. Until you get your own, the Fisher keeps a portable pond in his house. ( He says it is not as good for fishing as Grizzleheim rivers, but it will do.) And you can fish anywhere there is water, with each fishing spot having different chances to get different items. How does that sound?

Elizabeth
Dragonheart

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
Elizabeth Dragonhe... on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Fishing is a great idea! You can fish up gold, regents, pet snacks, (Slightly soggy) outfits, pets, housing items, arena tickets (How did those get there?) and more! This reminds me of crafting. And that fisher guy in Grizzleheim. Like crafting, there could be fishers on every world! You will be sent to the Fisher, who visits Wizard City in a house on Triton Avenue, and he teaches you how to fish, and gives you a housing item called a small pond. This housing item will be interactive. Until you get your own, the Fisher keeps a portable pond in his house. ( He says it is not as good for fishing as Grizzleheim rivers, but it will do.) And you can fish anywhere there is water, with each fishing spot having different chances to get different items. How does that sound?

Elizabeth
Dragonheart
This sounds great :D! I wish they would do this o;.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
No... Please no...At least not for quests... I'd hate fishing quests...

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Fishing would be awesome! You could turn the fish you caught into pet snacks, put them in tanks, use them as decorations in water features at home, or sell them, varying on the rarity of it. And there could be magical fishing rods and bait you could buy from a Spiral Fisherman who stands by the main water source of the world. You could also fish out some reagents, or even something random, like a hat. Also, if there isn't really a water source, plain liquid works too ( like lava in DS). And you could even fish from a water source in your home! That would be cool.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Hunter6242003 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
baits shaped like the elements for the corresponding fish
What if you used pet snacks as bait?

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I played an mmorpg where players could fish. It was fun for a while, then they added some (let's call them) reagents that were very rare and could only be obtained by fishing. Afer that players were forced to do fishing and that was frustrating.

The same happened to W101 players when Amber arrived to the realms. The only realistic way to get crafted spells is through gardening, gardening, and more gardening. Personally i am not a big fan of gardening, because i have to log in every day to care for my garden. Its also very frustrating. Thumb down for Amber and White Tiger Lillies.

So yes for fishing if KI doesnt make it a must have activity.

Tristan

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
LiveLockdown on Jan 16, 2010 wrote:
that makes me think of toontown, i hate that game, plz no fishing, but higher lvls would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it's a good idea...
Not like it would be copying or anything.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Defender
Aug 08, 2012
This is the best! We could fish for reagents, treasure cards, pet snacks (not mega ones), gold, a small amount of xp depending on your level, pet xp (if you have one), and fish. You need bait for fish. Fishing could cost a small amount of gold, you could be level 8 to start so everybody can have a taste at it. There could be a bait globe, which increases as you level up. You can pay crowns to receive better rewards or rarer fish. You can fish at any body of water. If your fishing in Dragonsypre you can get lava fish.