Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
Hehe this would be a perfect way to train pets up without having to play games. For every type of fish you catch, the pet would receive a certain amount of experience, and maybe you'll even 'catch' that ultra rare snack card to feed your pet in addition to gaining experience. The snack card would increase statistics according to what stage your pet is (like if your pet is a baby moving up to teen, it might yield 3 or 4 experience, but if it's ancient moving up to epic, it might yield 12-15 experience). I find most fishing in mmo's to be quite boring, but if it's done in a battle mode as suggested, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Perhaps, just like in the games where you are actually running around as your pet, you could see your pet battling the fish instead of you. I think it would be fun to see my hawk battling that rainbow trout, or my kraken battling that spiny fish. There could be like three or four different type of fish to battle per pet level (baby, teen, adult, ancient) which yield experience and the type of fish the pet faces in battle will be random, so you never know what kind of fish you will end up facing in each battle.

At the end of each battle, you could have the option to feed your pet a snack, just like you do in the games. Fishing could still be held at the training pavilion, since you really wouldn't have to go anywhere to enter these pet fishing battles.

These are just some ideas I'm throwing out there as I do like the idea of a fishing game, but don't see where else it would really fit into the game, and I would very much welcome another method to level my pets up. :)

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
I have been thinking the same thing...after all the customizable signs already have the option for "Gone Fishing"

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I'm not quite sure fishing would be a big hit. But, maybe you could change it so there could be a quest to go fishing in Grizzlehiem. The reason is that we'd have to choose between fishing or fighting to spend most of our time. And you could also have a fishing wand spell or something.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Hmm, sounds like a cool idea to me. Yeah, when you don't feel like doing anything, you can just go to a river, throw in a line, and chat with your buddies while you wait for a bite. Ah, the lazy fishing life. Gotta love it.

Explorer
May 10, 2009
I've agreed with a previous fishing idea, and I agree with this one too. It would be a nice feature.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
I know i already posted a topic on this but i realized my idea wasn't exactly how i wanted to say it and i didnt completely think it through and i had some new ideas. Some of my new ideas were having a few of Ultra-Rare recipes, regents(i dont know how i forgot this), and well maybe getting housing items. Along with the others i posted at a different time. There could be a fishing quest where you learn the basics, while some secrets can only be learned through fishing. And it isnt like a requirement and you could just sit along a river and cast a line out there and see what you get whenever you get bored or feel like fishing.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
You know the game Toontown? Well, there was one thing it had that I would really like in Wizard101. Fishing. It would be awesome. Sometimes you would catch pets, pet snacks, or even enemies you had to defeat! Think of it!

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
The fact you mentioned it was in Toontown would make the addition to the game a copyright infrigment.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I agree. Myself and others have suggested it before. It was always a lot of fun in games that I participated in. :D

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
benjapoof321 wrote:
You know the game Toontown? Well, there was one thing it had that I would really like in Wizard101. Fishing. It would be awesome. Sometimes you would catch pets, pet snacks, or even enemies you had to defeat! Think of it!

No I don't know the game Toontown, nor do I want fishing. sorry

Defender
May 13, 2009
I like the idea but it would be kind of boring to just sit on a log and wait for something to happen.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
benjapoof321 wrote:

the enemies part reminds me of pokemon... but hey, as long as there arent multiple ranks of rods named the same (old, good, super), it might work.
maybe an option to choose between spear and pole fishing? i even have ideas for both

spear fishing: requires you to manually do things, but takes less time because the fish are visible and you can stab them with a spear... the fish are carrying the stuff. upsides: doesnt take much patience
downsides: requires manual activity in it

pole fishing: you just sit there with your bobber in the water, and you automatically reel in your catch
upsides: you can do this when AFK
downsides: takes patience

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
It's not a bad idea, but we already have gardening for this purpose. In my opinion it would be unfair for those who actually garden and join battles to get their pet snacks or pets. :-)

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
booga799 wrote:
benjapoof321 wrote:

the enemies part reminds me of pokemon... but hey, as long as there arent multiple ranks of rods named the same (old, good, super), it might work.
maybe an option to choose between spear and pole fishing? i even have ideas for both

spear fishing: requires you to manually do things, but takes less time because the fish are visible and you can stab them with a spear... the fish are carrying the stuff. upsides: doesnt take much patience
downsides: requires manual activity in it

pole fishing: you just sit there with your bobber in the water, and you automatically reel in your catch
upsides: you can do this when AFK
downsides: takes patience

more upsides to pole fishing: you can use pet snacks and seeds as "bait", and the higher rank the pet snack, the better the drops, and the higher rank the seed, the better the drops (with crowns seeds always returning the seeds so you dont permenantly lose them, as well as very, very small chances for crowns items) also, if using the highest end pet snacks, you get a chance at crowns only minion treasure cards

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
frankiefan01 on Jul 29, 2012 wrote:
I know i already posted a topic on this but i realized my idea wasn't exactly how i wanted to say it and i didnt completely think it through and i had some new ideas. Some of my new ideas were having a few of Ultra-Rare recipes, regents(i dont know how i forgot this), and well maybe getting housing items. Along with the others i posted at a different time. There could be a fishing quest where you learn the basics, while some secrets can only be learned through fishing. And it isnt like a requirement and you could just sit along a river and cast a line out there and see what you get whenever you get bored or feel like fishing.
Agreed 100000 percent

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Please please make Fishing in Wizard 101!! Sometimes I feel like being in the game but not fighting or crafting. It would be fun to fish in areas around the spiral. It would be cool if you could fish up items, crafting reagents, treasure chests with gold in them and on very VERY rare occasions a pet...

ellie

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
I think wizard101 should start fishing! You can get gear, housing items, seeds, treasure cards, and ect. You can buy a starter rod and as your fishing level increases you can buy new and upgraded rods. Of course the crown shop would have amazing rods for different levels but you should be able to get the majority of rods by finding them around the spiral and fishing for them yourself. So basicly,fishing is availible to all players, however the crown and membership places, obviously, has better drops.Anywhere there is a fishing sign or water, drop a line and reel in when you get something on your line. They could do quests, and even dungeons based on fishing. I would love to know all your thoughts on this because i think this would be pretty fun.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
frankiefan01 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
I think wizard101 should start fishing! You can get gear, housing items, seeds, treasure cards, and ect. You can buy a starter rod and as your fishing level increases you can buy new and upgraded rods. Of course the crown shop would have amazing rods for different levels but you should be able to get the majority of rods by finding them around the spiral and fishing for them yourself. So basicly,fishing is availible to all players, however the crown and membership places, obviously, has better drops.Anywhere there is a fishing sign or water, drop a line and reel in when you get something on your line. They could do quests, and even dungeons based on fishing. I would love to know all your thoughts on this because i think this would be pretty fun.
This has been posted before. Several times.
I have no interest is fishing, nor do I see how it connects to the game at all.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
That seems like it would be fun. I like the idea. If they ever do come out with that i am gonna be first in line for that one!! Also what if you some fish or other types of water animals you caught you could keep as pets. That would be awesome too.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I am not sure if it's just me, but I have difficulty imagining a wizard catching a trout.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Wow I love that idea

^-^ A Flame Burn In My ^-^
Ashley Level 60 Fire

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
That sounds cool. How would they do dungeons or quests?

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Fishes that you fish might give you reagents, gold, pet snacks, and maybe seeds!

#popcicool7777777

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
This is a really good idea! Fishing would be a great addition to Wizard101, and would totally compete against Toontown fishing . Maybe some things you mentioned we're slightly too much (like the dungeon based on fishing thing lol.) but this is awesome.

Here's how I see it:

You start off by creating a pond outside your house (not available in dorms I guess ._.), and there could be different types of ponds like small pond, medium pond, large pond and enchanted pond and different fish can live in each of the ponds. You use a magical rod to reel in fish, and when you get one, you have to press the left and right arrow keys very quickly to catch it. These fish aren't normal fish, they have their own little wacky touch (just like with plants)! Some fish I can name right away are Gobbler Fish, Cat Fish (literally a cat and a fish mixed lol), piggle fish and cyclops fish. There can be quests that certain people like Marleybone cats give such as "collect 10 ___ fish" and they can give special rewards.