Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
wizardrokz on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
That sounds cool. How would they do dungeons or quests?
Well, for the dungeons they could make it a quest where you basicly finish it and there is a pond or lake at the end in which it contains different items than the common ponds or lakes. And for finishing it , you can get fishing equiptment or other stuff [ havent really thought about that ]. The regular quests can be for every world where you do fishing related objectives. Maybe there can be fishing boosts or elixirs as quest\dungeon rewards.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
I would love it if you could do fishing as an activity in different areas, and you catch different fish too :)

Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
this doesn't sound very interesting. I can not see what exactly fish would actually do anything in the game. it would be even more pointless if fish could become pets in case anyone was going to post that.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
it can be fun! I'd rather have a badge as an expert fisherman anytime ;)

Besides, it has to do with the game since you are sometimes in the wilderness and need to catch your own food :)

I would want to be able to fish a really mean looking great white shark mount as a rare :)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I like what people are coming up with; new skill ideas. I do NOT, however, want to see this turned into another MMORPG that I used to play which had 35 different skills to train. One of the things I LOVE about W101 is the simplicity of it all; there's not a million things to keep track of. You have, a few levels of skills to keep track of; combat (your character level), pets, gardening, and crafting. I think it should stay a simple thing. If they can find a way to incorperate new skills and yet K.I.S.S., then I'm all for it

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Rony The Turtle on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
I am not sure if it's just me, but I have difficulty imagining a wizard catching a trout.
I don't think you would be catching a trout, it would be like magical fish, like (maybe) a troll fish thing (I failed at that fish )

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Great idea, to me at least, and i have a idea that would make if interesting to everyone, you could get regents, treasure cards, (new) super rare seeds, only available by fishing, underwater housing items, and fish witch sell for gold or you can place in a aquarium (also new, pacifically for the housing people). Each fish will have there own worth in gold, determined by rarity (common, uncommon, rare, Ultra Rare, ancient, epic, and extremely epic) and weight. The fish can be sold to special fishing vendors and the bazaar. Well if this is ever added, I hope people would enjoy it (as well as the new makings of wizard101).
Good Luck out there!

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
@scottttttt

the bait would be bought like treasure cards, there would be fish shops. also that empty building in the commons by the lake could so totally be one. the higher the price in gold/crowns the better the catch.

you should also be able to hook multiple baits, so it is sort of like saving up for that one big mount that is so expensive, over time. example: To catch a rare 2 person crab mount, you need _ rare bait *maybe like, 30?*

that is all, and also

Flint StrongVault, ice mage and lvl 79, ever hopeful to go to azteca.

PS: KI could you please add some easier side quests into Avalon? all the ones that get me closer to my goal are like, "kill 20 wildfire treants", so how the heck do i go on? i am not very good alone except for in pvp, and that doesn't give my any gold or anything

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I do like the idea of fishing on Wizard 101. Some other games I use to play had fishing and it was fun and enjoyable for me. However, part of the problem with the fishing in the games was people using macros to collection stuff when they were not even at their computers. KI would have to come up with a way to deal with that. I know some mentioned they are not interested in fishing and don't see how it relates. For me it relates as we have lots of water areas all over the worlds and you even see fish jumping out of the waters in Grizzleheim. Reagents, treasure cards or boots (grins) can be fished out of the water like mentioned. For those that are not interested in fishing then you don't have to do it just as some players don't like doing gardening and crafting. It would be the players choice to do it or not, would be my suggestion if it was introduced into the game.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
This would be awesome. I agree that Wizards 101 should have fishing.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
frankiefan01 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
I think wizard101 should start fishing! You can get gear, housing items, seeds, treasure cards, and ect. You can buy a starter rod and as your fishing level increases you can buy new and upgraded rods. Of course the crown shop would have amazing rods for different levels but you should be able to get the majority of rods by finding them around the spiral and fishing for them yourself. So basicly,fishing is availible to all players, however the crown and membership places, obviously, has better drops.Anywhere there is a fishing sign or water, drop a line and reel in when you get something on your line. They could do quests, and even dungeons based on fishing. I would love to know all your thoughts on this because i think this would be pretty fun.
I think that is an awesome idea. Gizzleheim has those huge streams that would be perfect for a starter area! Great idea!

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
frankiefan01 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
I think wizard101 should start fishing! You can get gear, housing items, seeds, treasure cards, and ect. You can buy a starter rod and as your fishing level increases you can buy new and upgraded rods. Of course the crown shop would have amazing rods for different levels but you should be able to get the majority of rods by finding them around the spiral and fishing for them yourself. So basicly,fishing is availible to all players, however the crown and membership places, obviously, has better drops.Anywhere there is a fishing sign or water, drop a line and reel in when you get something on your line. They could do quests, and even dungeons based on fishing. I would love to know all your thoughts on this because i think this would be pretty fun.
Sounds like toontown no offense.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I was talking with some friends on Wizard the other day and we were saying how ground breaking it would for the game if wizard had a fishing system. There is tons of water in every world and it would make for a great new entertaining side activity to do when you get tired of fight for a bit.

This is how i imagine the system. The system would be a ranked system with enchantment cards to help you catch certain fish. Different places would carry different types of fish and you would be able to buy the starter fishing rod for gold and then any other upgraded rods from the crown shop. Your pets could as in the future could have added stats that would help you with luck at catching fish.

The next part of the system would be a collection book for the fish :) You could sell them to make money and you could even sue them as regent ingredients to craft gear :) Maybe while you are fishing you could have a chance to fish out gear , regents, pet snacks, and fish! maybe on rare cases , water pets. You could also make it possible to be able to mount your fish in your house or a pond in your house where you could click on it and it would show you a aquarium based screen where you can see all the fish you have caught :).

To make the fishing rod more interesting we would be able to paint them as if they were like our gear ! You could sell bait in the crown shop if someone were trying to specifically catch that type of fish. As you can see i am an avid gamer for fishing :) I know many people who have contributed to this idea and i know it would be a ground breaking summer update that would have everyone on their toes! I really hope that my idea reaches out to everyone so we can reach out to wizard and get this awesome idea brought out into the game for all to enjoy. I also would like to say that i have played some online games strictly for their fishing system and housing systems. If wizard aded this system it would add anothing amazing addition to their differences with other games. Let me know what you all think about this idea and what you would add to this idea! This is Tavia Redbreeze level 86 fire wizard and veteran Wizard player :D

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
my original post for fishing was locked and i am not sure what that means , but i wish you would have left it open a little longer. I wanted to add some things to the idea and respond to peoples idea's. Number one is that if the game were to add fishing it would not be copy write. Alot of games have fishing and housing and pets. Number 2 was that to fish we would grow our own bait with gardening in order to fish. There would be not bots because wizard kicks players who are in active for a certain amount of time.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
IF fishing is to be implemented, something really kewl that could be done is fishing in lava flows in addition to frozen/regular water sources

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
akiramay on Jan 14, 2010 wrote:
I think that it would be awesome to add fishing to the game. Even have quests to become a higher rank,alot of mmorpgs have them!!!
yeah, I like that idea too.

I play some games just to fish - not cause I want to catch anything, just to fish for fun.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I agree! A lot of other games have fishing too, I was actually surprised when I seen the big pond in the middle of the commons when I first joined and there were no fishing docks!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
That would actually be pretty fun for a pet game, but i'm not sure how it would go as for xp, unless maybe it gave you reagents.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
Ok so now that we have established this idea , I was thinking of some fish names for each area. If anyone else has thoughts on this please post so that wizard can compare all fishing names. for wizard city i was thinking
(Krakencite Fish) which would be a baby not mature version of the Large Kraken boss you fight in Triton avenue.
Next would be (unicod fish) which would be a fish that would be white and have a unicorn horn on it's head , resembling a unicorn from unicorn way. The Third fish would be (Fay Fish) Which would be a fish with wings any color that would be resembled for the fairy's on unicorn way. 4th fish i was thinking (Ghosti Fish) which would be a see through shiny fish that resembles the ghosts in wizard city.

Next city is krokatopia, Now for this city I was thinking along the lines of desert and storm fish. There is only one main pond for this world, there for i have though of 3 main fish. the fish are (SandStorm fish)(Krokatila fish) and (Manderlime fish) The first one would be a very mellow looking fish as to where the krokatila would be a green scaled long snout fish. The mander lime would be a yellowish green mander looking fish :)

Next city is Marley bone. The idea's for these fish were based as all the others on the place and it's enviornment. The fish for this city were ,(dogfish), (catmino fish) and lastly (Xray fish) These fish are self explanitory on what they look like lol.

Next city is mooshu which has a giant lake and my water area's. The fish i choose for this world were very tranquil and large! The names are (Clam fish), (Bambino fish) which would resemble bambo. Last But not least the (bellmoo fish) which would be a spotted fish with a bell around it's neck. This would resemble the dynasty cows and live stock monsters.

Next city is Dragonspyre but i will be putting the rest of the cities on my next post after this one because i am limited to text characters lol.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
Ok this is the second post to my fish names for all the cities and the Last city we left off on was dragonspyre.
now for this city the fish types are fire so here is what i have come up with. (Flame fish),(dracon fish)(,firtree fish)Now the dracon fish is resembled to all the drakes and dragon monsters, where as the firtree fish is more like the fire tree.

GrizzleHeim Is next city which has many large lakes and streams. The fish names i came up with are , (woodfish) to resemble the wood birds zeek has you find. (gas fish) to resemble the gas swamp and last but not least the (bear fish)

Celestia Is next and my idea's are (Chao's Crab Fish),(synergy fish) which would be a lighting bolt fish and last but not least (Elementa fish) which would resemble all the elements you discover.

wysteria does not really have any ponds or streams so i did not come up with anything. Next is zafaria and my fish names are (drum fish),(Moon fish), and (tribal fish)

Avalaon would be (Sword fish) fish would look like a sword lol, (Shrub fish) and (Bird fish) which would be a colorful fish with feathers for fins

Last is aztecha and The fish are , (stone fish), (Mesiona fish) which would be fish with letters on them. last fish would be (weaver fish) resembling the web weavers.

Now i have many more names and idea but i am limited to character space lol :P but if anyone has any names to compete with or add please list here so wizard can take a look at our idea's and piece their own beautiful fishing system. I would also like to add one more idea to the system which is that you could also have a chance to catch the bat seed used to garden and grow your own bait :) Sorry about all the posting wizard but these idea's are all just floating around in my head and i need to get them out lol.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I think that this is a pretty good idea. Now, i just got onto these forums a few days ago. But I've seen quite a few ideas. I think if this was to be implemented, there should be ponds or lakes to fish from. There are lakes in the center of quite a few worlds, (Wizard city, Krokotopia, marleybone, mooshu, celestia just has a ton, and zafaria.) that could work for spots to fish from. It should be a minigame type mechanic like silver chests where you have to guide your rod to dark spots and reel with the mouse. you should be able to get fish pet snacks, a rare fish pet, boots (like the old boot on the hook gag), and gold. I think this is actually a great idea.

Stay awesome guys.