Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2009
I think that it would be awesome to add fishing to the game. Even have quests to become a higher rank,alot of mmorpgs have them!!!

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
Defender
May 18, 2009
Yeah! And new fishing quests for training points from Prospector Zeke or something. :D :D

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
that makes me think of toontown, i hate that game, plz no fishing, but higher lvls would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
May 18, 2009
livee wrote:
that makes me think of toontown, i hate that game, plz no fishing, but higher lvls would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Higher levels would be nice! Toontown? never palyed that before though I used to play a different mmorpg,FFx1 and fished all the time!Love it!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Dear KI

I <and many others I have talked to> would love to see fishing in the spiral. In fishing you would not only be able to get fish but maybe even some reagents or treasure chests. It would also be cool if you could fish up things you could put around your house <like drift wood or old bottles>. OR you could fish up maybe an ultra rare pet?? Thanks for reading :)

ellie

Delver
May 26, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Hmmmm, How about a wish fish that could be caught....

A convert fish to pet snack would be fun to craft (cook?)

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Cheryl09 wrote:
Dear KI

I <and many others I have talked to> would love to see fishing in the spiral. In fishing you would not only be able to get fish but maybe even some reagents or treasure chests. It would also be cool if you could fish up things you could put around your house <like drift wood or old bottles>. OR you could fish up maybe an ultra rare pet?? Thanks for reading :)

ellie

I like this idea. It would be a great way to also provide other snacks for our pets.

There are places in all of the worlds where there is at least a liquid – water or lava – which could be used as a beginning for fishing spots. Imagine catching a fire fish from the lava in Dragonspyre!!

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Very good idea. I would think it would be a great new thing for legendary wizards to invest thier time on. I like the idea of maybe finding a couple rare pets in numerous different lakes. :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
That is a wonderful idea! It has so many possibilities too. What do you do with the fish? Hmm, maybe they could be added to a collection or fish tank at home or in a dorm? Over time the tank could be upgraded to hold more fish, and be bigger, and fancier too. Houses that have a water feature could be stocked with fish cought around the Spiral. Although at some point you would need to be able to choose to replace a previously caught fish with a new and more interesting species. Fish in tanks, ponds, fountains, waterfalls, etc. could also supply reagents randomly. That might make crafting a little more attractive. I still find it the most frustrating part of the game. I love being able to make unique items, but it is so hard to find everything needed. Oops, I am off topic. Some fish might transform into artifacts (instead of dying of old age - since this IS a kid's game). Fish could be held in your back pack for a few days (not too long or they might start to smell!) and sold at the bazaar for gold. I am not sure you should be able to buy them though. That would seem to defeat the whole idea, but selling them back to the game for gold, would help younger players or those who are not financially independent.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
:D I love his idea. I like the idea of getting reagents, and finding snacks and other cool stuff

rock on w101 8)

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
:) I like this idea. I sort of like the idea of being able to throw the fish back- you know, "catch and release",though. However, when you release them back you get a little reagent or gold or even getting a rare pet is a great idea! Picking up old boots and stuff that you could keep as treasures would also be cool. Maybe we could pick up trophies, too, like for 400 fish caught or something, and when you catch some ultra rare fish it gives a special reward like a plaque or a picture of the fish, or some special snack. Maybe, there could also be contests like "Log into the game between such and such time and hunt the Spiral for the elusive treasure chest of the Skelatal Pirate, Dark Beard( that's a made up name, of course)... buried somewhere in the waters of... - have a chance to win crowns or ultra rare pets!!" :D Wouldn't it also be great if while our health or energy or mana was recharging if we get defeated in battle, it could recharge while fishing, as an alternate to some of the other recharging options?

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
great idea, we already have tons of fishing pet snacks, like small medium and large fish.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
danton1983 wrote:
great idea, we already have tons of fishing pet snacks, like small medium and large fish.

I for one - Am really into this alot - Im a fishing fan on the real world and in game...

Tonight me and my g.f where browsing through Islands/houses etc - Admiring nothing but sheer beauty, Its really over whelming how well they have done with this game... And even more so - to be able to run High gfx on an old Laptop my girl uses- And she clears 40fps constantly. I applaud you.

Back on topic though - I really hope and i really am honest when i say that if i were rich - I would offer you any amount of money you would need, too implement fishing into this game.

Nothing would be more "Fan" attractive than a fishing concept to this world!!

Not only would it bring in a more wider audience for the game "Not like you guys need it :P" - But it would bring a tear to my eye.

Instead of me going into examples... Here is a thread i think is "Right on the head" when it comes to ideas for the fishing concept.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1774280

1 idea i thought panned really well was - "WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!!"

"ok i love that idea, i have a few thoughts about this - this could be a great update like gardening..

Fishing Shop That sells Fishes, FISH TANK, OR a HUGE Pool for fishes to go around..

After you do the fishing you can redeem it, for something you like.. Some items may be, You can Take the fish and Place it the Fish tank or a Huge Pool in your house..

there can be all kinds of fishes in the pool..

hmm just my thoughts :D"

Hope this doesn't over looked....

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
I have a good idea. It's fishing. You could go to water and if there were fishes you could use a fishing pole to get the fish out. I know that a large percentage of message board pleas are not answered and executed by KI but please execute this idea. I will be posting more specific posts over time. And all players post your ideas . Though please, be civil and tell why or why not your opinion is plausible. Thank you.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Yea i think its a good idea too because if you catch a rare fish you can sell and you can probably get more coins

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Dracula083 wrote:
I have a good idea. It's fishing. You could go to water and if there were fishes you could use a fishing pole to get the fish out. I know that a large percentage of message board pleas are not answered and executed by KI but please execute this idea. I will be posting more specific posts over time. And all players post your ideas . Though please, be civil and tell why or why not your opinion is plausible. Thank you.
i'm not really sure about that. Fishing in a wizard game? that just doesn't seem right

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
Fishing could fit into a wizard game. You could use a spell to get the fish out. Or you could do a mini game where you click the fish then press a certain button to get it out. Then you could sell the fish.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Perhaps KingsIsle could add a fishing activity to Wizard101, allowing us to fish in any river/pond as long as we have Energy to do so. This Activity could be for Level 20+, and could be started simply by having us visit the existing NPC: Haarek Silverscale, the Fish Master, who is fishing by the bridge to Savaarstad Pass and Mirkholm Keep.

Fishing could cost different energy based on the different waters your fishing in, and you could get Snacks, Pets, or Reagents as well as Fishing XP. The higher your Fishing Rank, the more areas you can fish in.

Example
The Commons - Fishing in the Pond costs 2 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
Triton Avenue - Kraken Pad Fishing costs 3 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
The Oasis - Oasis Fishing costs 2 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
Northguard - River Fishing from Cliff costs 8 Energy, Minimum Rank: Adept Fisherman

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
I never thought of that but i think i like it!
i guess it would have to be kinda like the fishing on toontown(not that i play toontown........much)
Keep Posting!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
this is an idea from harvest moon isnt it lol.

i like it. everything else has an option to get with gold, but energy. we should be able to fill it without paying crowns, even if we have to work for it.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I dont think we should use energy for fishing because we already
use it for gardening and pets.

We should use "Bait"

Bait is not a little globe like health and mana
Its a little picture of a tiny fish in the left of your screen

When you click it it says how many bait you have left.
You get 2 baits every 5 minutes. ( or high or lower if KI would like to change it )

You also get different kids of bait that let you catch different fish.