Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't see much color!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
Alright I have been playing Wizard 101 for about a month now, am a member and everything. But I never had anyone told my Wisps were red and blue, to me they just appear white, along with when I teleport to anywhere it just appears white, when I heard it was supposed to be blue. And I turned the High detail and textures on and it said it was downloading them but I think I turned the game off half-way through, and now when I click to turn it off or on, it refreshes the game client but it doesn't change anything and the colors are still lacking. Anyone got a solution for this?

Administrator
There's a setting that might help you, young Wizard, called Bloom.
Next time you're logged in to Wizard101, press the ESC key on your keyboard to bring up the Options menu.

The second tab at the top (Graphics) has a "Bloom Active" setting. Turn this setting off, and see if you see more color in the wisps.
This is also where you can set the brightness of the game, if you find some spells are too bright, you can adjust this slider to change the brightness.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
The Bloom setting was always on, and I've toggled about every setting I could, Fullscreen and windowed, nothing differs. I have 32-bit colors, my computer works fine with a lot of other games I just don't see why it's not doing this one right? I've thought about reinstalling the game but did not want to try that if there is any other possible way.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
I did indeed reinstall Wizard, but all that's done so far is cause my aggravation while waiting for everything to load. It did not fix the main problem, so I am still at a loss here.