Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Magus In Dragonspyre.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Hi, the name of my character that is in Dragonspyre is Sloan Nightwhisper, and I have been wondering why am I the only magus I see around in Dragonspyre? I defeated the Jade Oni and got the Dragonspyre key earlier today. I am level 37, and it is obvious that most things there are either master or grandmaster. I can't equip anything I get, I have to usually get help from a friend with bosses, and I am wondering why am I only a magus and already reached Dragonspyre? I am sure it is not a glitch because I have beaten every other world from beginning to end. So please tell me am I too low level to be in Dragonspyre? And if so how can I make it to master so Dragonspyre will be less difficult? Thank you, please respond!

Sloan Nightwhisiper, level 37, Death School

Survivor
May 22, 2009
If you dont do many sidequests then you may be a lower level. i had to quest a lot before i felt ready for dragonspyre. Try doing a few more quests you have from other worlds that you didnt complete.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Ok, thanks! I was thinking of doing a lot in Grizzleheim since I barely started.

Sloan Nightwhisper, lvl 40, Death School.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Brosene wrote:
Hi, the name of my character that is in Dragonspyre is Sloan Nightwhisper, and I have been wondering why am I the only magus I see around in Dragonspyre? I defeated the Jade Oni and got the Dragonspyre key earlier today. I am level 37, and it is obvious that most things there are either master or grandmaster. I can't equip anything I get, I have to usually get help from a friend with bosses, and I am wondering why am I only a magus and already reached Dragonspyre? I am sure it is not a glitch because I have beaten every other world from beginning to end. So please tell me am I too low level to be in Dragonspyre? And if so how can I make it to master so Dragonspyre will be less difficult? Thank you, please respond!

Hey, it is NOT only you. On my second character, is just so happens that i started at 37, too. It is because of sidequests. You are sticking to storyline, but that isnt bad. My 2nd character is recently alomst lvl 43 and still cant defeat most of anything on her own. I need help, too.

You are supposed to be at whatever lvl you are at. There is no actual "lvl range" as some people claim. My friend is lvl 44, but i am higher into the game than he is. He did more sidequests than me, but really, who cares? I sure dont! Dont worry about the lvl you are at, and even if you dont see lvl 37's running around in DS, who cares?

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Keena Firefountain~ lvl 42 Master Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
i see your problem guys. what the thing is you got to first run everywhere and find everyside quest there is. then you do all the main quests. then when you get to ds or whatever at a low lvl you go back to the previous world and do the side quests. then you can win alone
wolf ashvault lvl 50 storm/death

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Brosene wrote:

I had the same problem, when I got to mb, I pretty much stopped with side quests, I did a few, but not really any, I ended up getting to ds at lvl 40? maybe 41, I just did some side questing in ms, but yea, I think you are too low lvl, not because your skill is to low, you obviously have the skill, I am worried people in ds will call you a noob and be kinda mean to you because they think you shouldnt be there. Believe me, I ended up starting ds with menu chat (Paranoid mom) Trust me, not fun.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
camowiz wrote:
Brosene wrote:

I had the same problem, when I got to mb, I pretty much stopped with side quests, I did a few, but not really any, I ended up getting to ds at lvl 40? maybe 41, I just did some side questing in ms, but yea, I think you are too low lvl, not because your skill is to low, you obviously have the skill, I am worried people in ds will call you a noob and be kinda mean to you because they think you shouldnt be there. Believe me, I ended up starting ds with menu chat (Paranoid mom) Trust me, not fun.

But see, why would they call him a noob? They would be jealous he got in earlier than them!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
wow thats freaky i hope you level soon and yes you are probally just under leveled just try working hard though

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
i wuz a a lvl 40 when i got to ds to. i got called a noob and all tat junk. dont worry about what they say because 1 there were noobs to one day 2 just be proud you made it and 3 do every quest when your in ds so you can tough up and start calling them noobs. Wolf Ashvault lvl 50 storm/death wizard :)

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Brosene wrote:

I'm guessing that your a master by now but heres what I think the problem is: I don't think you did enough side quests and didn't train very good but I don't either, like you I'm a level 36 almost 37 and I'm in Mooshu though. I never did GH yet so i'm gonna go there first. I think you should get to level 42 then get your final spell then after that you should train a little,personally the best place to train is GH. After you get to level 45 your totally fine.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
jlcool6 wrote:
Brosene wrote:

I'm guessing that your a master by now but heres what I think the problem is: I don't think you did enough side quests and didn't train very good but I don't either, like you I'm a level 36 almost 37 and I'm in Mooshu though. I never did GH yet so i'm gonna go there first. I think you should get to level 42 then get your final spell then after that you should train a little,personally the best place to train is GH. After you get to level 45 your totally fine.

Disregaurd everything I said. Personally I like Marleybone to train in.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
you weren't the only magus in dragonspyre i got to dragonspyre in lvl 39 i did all sidequestsin wizard city a few in krokotopia a few in marley bone a few in mooshu

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I got into Dragonspyre at 42-ish and went back to Mooshu and Marleybone, getting to level 45 before finishing the Plaza of Conquests and moving on. I'm level 48 right now and in the Crystal Grove, which is a pretty normal level for there.
Hope this helps :D

Saffron Mistbringer, Necromancer

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Brosene wrote:
Ok, thanks! I was thinking of doing a lot in Grizzleheim since I barely started.

Sloan Nightwhisper, lvl 40, Death School.
well actually grizzleheim doesen't give that much xp try mooshu that world has lots of experience

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Brosene wrote:

Thing is, the creators expect you to be lvl 44 when you beat mu shu. I was lvl 42 after going to dragonspyre for the first time. After doing one street, I did every mu shu quest I had and got to lvl 44. Time will catch up.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Brosene wrote:

You just need to do sidequests from other worlds too.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
that happened to me too

i was a level 39 when i got into ds and i was so confused until i realized i had like 4 pages of quests i still had to do lolz

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
i am a Magus in dragonspyre too and i see all kinds of them in there. just look harder :)

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Dont feel bad to be a magus in ds. just go back to mooshu and do alot of side quests you find.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
camowiz wrote:
Brosene wrote:

I know. Muting is not fun either. I get jealous how people use text chat, I can hear it but I can't even USE it when I'm muted.
And Sloan. Before you start doing quests in DS try learning Wraith first.
Anthony Redflame Grandmaster Death

Survivor
May 19, 2010
Brosene wrote:

I have to agree with everyone stating its all about the side quests. Im half way to 41 on my second char and I haven't even completed half of Mooshu, but I have completed all side quests up the area where I am presently (kishibe village). I did the same on my main Char and im 50 and only at crystal cove in ds.
So i'd suggest if your having issues in ds then go back and do a few side quests and keep up the good work. :)

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I understand how hard it is to be in DS under level 45.

I did all side quests with one of my characters and she still ended up in DS at level 43 or 44.

She couldn't wear the better equipment yet and that can hurt quite a bit.

She did some of Grizzleheim and that helped some, although the experience there is not so good.

Once she got that level 45 all of DS became so much easier.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Ok. I did this. I am a level 43 in DS. Stinks right? Well in almost every street in Mooshu Theres is something like collect 10 flowers for me and ill give you 2035 XP! I did all that since it is really just you running around a bunch. Same thing with every other world. Now to answer your question, It is because you felt like sidequests were a waste of time. as do I. not at all a bad thing. Heres what you do. For your health problem buy up some nice Items at the bazaar. Death tends to get good health items. Only school that gets better is Ice. Once thats done Find friends. ask people to help you. You always can find Grandmasters by the lake In the commons. Who most of the time will and can help. Once this is done You should be ranked up to a master.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Brosene wrote:

i went in at same level as you when i got quest for obsidian chests i realized that i was too low a level i was only level 43 so i did side quests until i was level 46 P.S do all the easy side quests first