Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cant seem to play this game without bordom

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Hello wizard 101 community, it just seems that i cant get through any quest i do. I just get so bored of the grind, with the quest system, (Kill 12 x and return to me) it just dosent seem fun when your playing by yourself. Right now i dont have a lot of friends but i can solo mostly anything. The game looks fun once you get to max level due to the awesome spells, but im level 25 death/fire wizard and im just bored of fighting the same people over and over again, and wishing i was grandmaster. What did you do to get past the grind?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
You don't get passed the grind. The game is the just that. If you are very bored playing this then I would suggest that this is not the game for you to be playing. Maybe you would do better with something like a Halo or something where you just jump right into the action. All MMORPG's have the same basic set up as far as how you level. Anyways just wanted to let you know that once you get up in the 40's it isn't any better in fact it is much worse. Not only do you have to kill 10 of these and 8 of those but they have 1200 life each and not as many people are in those areas like DS so you end up doing it yourself which takes a while. So again if you do not like this type of game then I would get out now. I on the other hand think this is very fun and have no problem with it. Just my 2 cents!

Matthew Lifegiver lvl 50 Life 4 Life

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I know it stinks. But really. It's just that. You've got to learn that the game is on a certain base. You can meet new friends all the time. Or if you are in MarleyBone go to Regents Square and meet someone new. Everyone is there trying to get help. It doesn't get any better with fighting all of these monsters basically. You've got to really push-out the effort. It's not going to do with being lazy!! I've learned from experience. I've learned many times how the game works. But since your still trying I'll let you find out. Ask some Grandmaster friends, they usually really want to help since they don't have much to do until the level cap is increased. Just keep thinking. " I am going to be a grandmaster in 25 more levels " that's really close.

~ Rogan DuskWhisper( Grandmaster of Storm)

~ Rogan DuskWhisper (Grandmaster of Balance)

~ Jonathan WildVault ( Master of Nature)

~ Sloan AshGarden ( Magus Necromancer)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I understand your plight, but it doesn't get any better when you reach grandmaster, actually it is boring. There isn't much to strive for. If you want to fight with others, make sure you are on a populated realm. Ask people if they would like to fight with you, especially grands. They don't have much to do any way, except farm.

Also, try switching your stradegy. Use cards that you haven't tried before to see what they can do. Also, create a new character. When you get bored with one, play with the other.

Suri Spiritrider, Grandmaster Conjurer
Morgan Darkshade, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
mshewmake2000 wrote:
You don't get passed the grind. The game is the just that. If you are very bored playing this then I would suggest that this is not the game for you to be playing. Maybe you would do better with something like a Halo or something where you just jump right into the action. All MMORPG's have the same basic set up as far as how you level. Anyways just wanted to let you know that once you get up in the 40's it isn't any better in fact it is much worse. Not only do you have to kill 10 of these and 8 of those but they have 1200 life each and not as many people are in those areas like DS so you end up doing it yourself which takes a while. So again if you do not like this type of game then I would get out now. I on the other hand think this is very fun and have no problem with it. Just my 2 cents!

Matthew Lifegiver lvl 50 Life 4 Life

why isnt there many people in the higher level areas when there is indeed plenty of higher level people? why does everyone hang out in the commons and not in other worlds? i think the game would be less boring if we all hung out in other worlds and arrange parties in other worlds or something to those sorts. heh.