Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rune writing in Nidavellir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
I am in Nidavellir looking at Grumlik. On the floor is a tree with rune writing around the floors border. Does this writing say something? If so, is it written like traditional rune writing. I am looking for a key to decipher it. Please advise.
Thank you

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I've been trying to figure it out myself - I think this is going to be a substitution puzzle.

I did notice a big plaque on the wall in the Jotun quest. They look like Nodic Runes (Futhark-type), or even the Angerthas Moria, but they aren't quite right and don't parse well with either. I did flip the screen though. If you look at the runes, they look backwards, and flipping a screen-shot letf-to-right makes them look more "right" to the eye.

When I have a moment, I'm going to puzzle it out a little more. I think the big plaque could act like a codex.

Skippybme wrote:
I am in Nidavellir looking at Grumlik. On the floor is a tree with rune writing around the floors border. Does this writing say something? If so, is it written like traditional rune writing. I am looking for a key to decipher it. Please advise.
Thank you

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
I was just in there looking at that plaque. I didn't think of the screen shot. Great idea for the Codex. I will update if I decode it. Thanks :)

Survivor
May 14, 2009

These are most definately nordic runes, though they appear to be a mix of many types of nordic scripts, including elder and younger futhark, and anglo-frisian. i have translated the tablets outside northguard, but i have yet to translate the runes of nidavellir

i will reply to your inquiry soon.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
It is funny you should say it is backwards. If you look at the book that is on the pedestal in your house or that you are given. It also reads backwards.
Thanks for the info I will keep looking back here. I will also try to figure it out myself.
Thank you so much! Keep me updated

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009

I no this belongs in the Wizard City area of the Message Boards but, on the Ravenwood Banner furniture item it says: Venfious Iunctun, En Magus Nos Fides. I know what it means: Wizards Unite, In Magic We Trust.

~~ Sarah Moonglade 50 Storm, If one dies, we are born in another form. ~~

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
nutsop wrote:

I no this belongs in the Wizard City area of the Message Boards but, on the Ravenwood Banner furniture item it says: Venfious Iunctun, En Magus Nos Fides. I know what it means: Wizards Unite, In Magic We Trust.

~~ Sarah Moonglade 50 Storm, If one dies, we are born in another form. ~~

Sarah, Thank you so much! I love to find out little things like this. I am very glad you posted it here. :D

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Skippybme wrote:
Thank you

I am familiar with the runic Futhark alphabet, and I have been trying to read those runes in Nidavellir. I'm pretty sure it's Futhark and when I read it it just seems like a bunch of mixed up letters. I see several consonants next to each other, so it can't really spell anything. I thought it would say something, but from my transliteration, the answer is: No, it does not say anything, unfortunately. But then again, I could be wrong.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
@Catboy2197- That is what I had come up with too. Too bad, it would be fun to figure it all out and see what it says. Thank you so much.
If anyone else has any ideas or finds something that actually says something please advise.
I try to figure out all of them I run across.
Thank you again Catboy2197

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Skippybme wrote:
@Catboy2197- That is what I had come up with too. Too bad, it would be fun to figure it all out and see what it says. Thank you so much.
If anyone else has any ideas or finds something that actually says something please advise.
I try to figure out all of them I run across.
Thank you again Catboy2197

Your quite welcome. I would have liked to try to figure them out, too. Oh well.

Community Leader

i dont know if you guys noticed but when we beat the boss in DS for the Celestia preview quest. We must go to the black rock thingy to complete the quest.

did you go behind it and see the code written on it? what does the code say??? am curious what is the translation.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
cheyinza wrote:

i dont know if you guys noticed but when we beat the boss in DS for the Celestia preview quest. We must go to the black rock thingy to complete the quest.

did you go behind it and see the code written on it? what does the code say??? am curious what is the translation.

It's celestian language so it is hard to decipher but I did notice a Krokoshpinx picture at the top to before handing in, I went to the Krokosphinx Isle and stood by every angle to the sphinx and nothing happened so its probably nothing.