Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Bug That is SO Annoying

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
I had just become a level 40 and Merle Ambrose called me. He said to come at the first chance i had so I reported to him right away and he said "Young Wizard, I am still pondering our next move." He had no Quests or Spells or anything for me! Was I supposed to get something?

Explorer
May 24, 2009
Queenlillia56 wrote:
I had just become a level 40 and Merle Ambrose called me. He said to come at the first chance i had so I reported to him right away and he said "Young Wizard, I am still pondering our next move." He had no Quests or Spells or anything for me! Was I supposed to get something?
the same thing happened to me! i was lvl 30 and he says to talk to him and i do one quest and i am like what? you have NOTHING for me! I even looked for Cyrus Drake my professor and he had nothing!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Queenlillia56 wrote:
I have the same problem

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Known Bugs

Merle Summoning Players without Reason: Sometimes Merle likes to check in with his students, however we've noticed lately that he's been calling on our young Wizards every time they gain a new level. Don't worry, he may not always have a quest for you, however it's a good reminder to visit him, as well as your Professors, on a regular basis.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
There is a section within the website here called "known bugs". This is an issue that is listed there so they are aware and working on it. Just FYI!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Merle Ambrose called me over, and he was just like, "Keep on searching, we must learn all about Malistaire's plans.". And that happened to me at level 40, and 49. Like, yeah I know!

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
ya i have same problem i was level 40 and dworgan my death instructior said i have best and most powerful spell for you so i go to him i clicked on train the most powerful spell wraith wasn't high lighted! it said i have to be level 42 to learn it seriously STOP SUMMONING US IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR US!

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
This provided my son and I with probably the biggest belly laugh in this entire game. Merle summoned us over with some issue "of utmost urgency". We rushed over to his tower to check in, and he told us that the King of Grizzleheim needed to see us RIGHT AWAY!!

We ran as fast as we could to the Spiral Door, and on to Grizzleheim. We sprinted through the huge double doors of the King's hall and stood before the King. "Great King," we addressed him, because of course, that's what you do when you meet the King, "We are here!"

The King said, "Hi". Well, actually, he went on some high-and-mighty, flowery, Grizzleheimesque greeting. But then he just said there, staring at us.

And we said "Hi" back, and stared.

To this day, my son and I will reenact the scene, getting the giggles each time we do it.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Ok, I have a question that might lead to your answers. Ok here it goes:
When this happened, were you playing on a computer you've never played on before or a new computer? If so, it might be just a tutorial tip from long ago.

For example, I was at a friends house, and they play Wizard101, too. So I logged on, (and you know how if you're getting onto a new computer you've never played on it has to load) and waited for the little spinning arrow on the left. When it was done, I had some tutorial tips on the right side (the pictures of the person talking to you [in the circle]). There was one picture of Simeon (the castle "vendor" in Wizard City), Moolinda Wu, (the Life teacher), and Merle Ambrose (the Headmaster, but I think you should know him ).

I clicked on Moolinda Wu first, and saw that she said,"Come see me to learn a new spell." So I went to her and she didn't have an over her head. So I talked to her. Nothing.

Then, I clicked on Headmater Ambrose. He said,"Come see me as soon as you can, young Wizard." So, I went to him. He didn't say anything either, or have an over his head. I talked to him, and he said something about problems with Malistaire, like usual.

Then, I clicked on Simeon. He said, "Come see me when you can." So I went to him, and he didn't let me even TALK to him. And, he didn't have a !

You see, it's a glitch of used-to-be tutorial tips; I think anyway. No need to worry!

-Owlgirl8000

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
this is because ambrose is tellling you you can advance in grizzlehiem there are certain levels needed to advance i'm pretty sure it's 20,30,40,45

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
owlgirl8000 wrote:
Ok, I have a question that might lead to your answers. Ok here it goes:
When this happened, were you playing on a computer you've never played on before or a new computer? If so, it might be just a tutorial tip from long ago.

For example, I was at a friends house, and they play Wizard101, too. So I logged on, (and you know how if you're getting onto a new computer you've never played on it has to load) and waited for the little spinning arrow on the left. When it was done, I had some tutorial tips on the right side (the pictures of the person talking to you [in the circle]). There was one picture of Simeon (the castle "vendor" in Wizard City), Moolinda Wu, (the Life teacher), and Merle Ambrose (the Headmaster, but I think you should know him ).

I clicked on Moolinda Wu first, and saw that she said,"Come see me to learn a new spell." So I went to her and she didn't have an over her head. So I talked to her. Nothing.

Then, I clicked on Headmater Ambrose. He said,"Come see me as soon as you can, young Wizard." So, I went to him. He didn't say anything either, or have an over his head. I talked to him, and he said something about problems with Malistaire, like usual.

Then, I clicked on Simeon. He said, "Come see me when you can." So I went to him, and he didn't let me even TALK to him. And, he didn't have a !

You see, it's a glitch of used-to-be tutorial tips; I think anyway. No need to worry!

-Owlgirl8000

This does happen as you have oulined above, but the original post is not of the nature you are describing. The above described bug is old (occurs every time you leveled up) and has gratefully been fixed by Kings Isle (except for a few times when questing on Krok).