Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat---It disabled on its own!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
Can someone please try to help me figure out (1) why Text Chat was disabled on my character, (2) why the directions to activate Text Chat aren't working, and (3) how do I get my Text Chat to come back on if the directions aren't working?

I do not believe I've used foul language, according to the possibilities in Help & Support, but I just don't know what to do about getting it back.

PLEASE HELP!!

REMINDER: I have followed all directions and troubleshooting according to Help & Support, and still no Text Chat.

Thanks so much, everyone!
Amy StrongHeart

Administrator
Young Wizard, no worries, I can help.

Click My Accounts
Scroll down to the Account Management section.
Make sure you have the following settings:
Chat - Filtered Text: On
Chat - Open Chat: On

If you have Filtered Text: Off, you will not be able to type to chat.
Filtered Text must be ON for typed chat to work.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
Thank you, Professor Greyrose. I checked to make sure everything was on and enabled. They are, but I still cannot chat. I don't know what to do, I feel discouraged, and Help & Support gave me the same instructions with no luck.

Is there anything else I can do?

Amy StrongHeart
Storm School

Administrator
Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
I have text chat enabled but I don't understand how it works. Do I type it and click enter or what? Im confused

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
GreyG wrote:
I have text chat enabled but I don't understand how it works. Do I type it and click enter or what? Im confused

I will offer a hand:

1: click enter

2:type in what you want to say, as long as the words turn up white, then you can say it, if it turns red, then you can't say it

3: press enter again and your character will say it. :)