Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3d device error????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
wizard101, i have a mac computer with bootcamp and wizard101 used to work fine on it and everything but lately it has started to say: Installation error: Direct3D renderer creation error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type ...... and i have no idea why... i mean i have my computer updated to the max with lots of space because i thought another program (game) was causing it to happen but that didnt help :? . PLZ help me! o and one more thing: the error pops up AFTER i put my log-in and push play. the blue little box thing pops up for like 3 seconds and then half the screen goes black, THEN the error comes up.

Nathan Liondreamer
lvl 40
pyromancer

Administrator
I spoke to our technical Wizards and they had a couple of questions for you

Would you mind sending a dxdiag to community@wizard101.com so we can better analyze the issue?

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Thank you for contacting us with your information, young Wizard. I'll post this here in case others encounter the same issue.

Looks like all you need is to install video drivers!

Look for updated drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT that you're currently using.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Thank you for contacting us with your information, young Wizard. I'll post this here in case others encounter the same issue.

Looks like all you need is to install video drivers!

Look for updated drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT that you're currently using.

i updated my drivers..... BUT it still doesnt work!!! same error pops up. plz help!! because i am still paying money even though i cant play :( i used more than one driver checker and they all say i have fully updated drivers..... and i just found out it effects even all my other programs... and the error all say something that has to do with video memory and 3D devices :? :? plz help i really wanna get back to my wizard101 friends

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
This is not a Wizard101 problem, this is a video-related problem. It is no longer able to handle 3d commands.

Sounds to me like your video card is either going bad, or your video drivers are corrupt. Reinstall or updating your video drivers won't fix corrupt drivers ... you need to completely remove all old drivers and their related files before reinstalling your video drivers.

It could very well be the fact that you are running MacOS, bootcamp, then Windows. Any of these, some of these, or all of these could be the problem.

You need to tell us what version of the MacOS you are running, what version of bootcamp you are running, what version of Windows you are running, and finally, what version of DirectX you are running.

As far as it affecting your other programs, were they mac programs or Windows programs?

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
i was loging in to wizard 101 to paly but there was a 3d message error i dont know how to fix it pls help me :( :(