Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the Best school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
Well, meh fav is Ice. And so far me fave spell is either ice serpent or lightning bats i Heart smileys!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Dunno if anybody has said this yet, but each school has its own pros and cons. For example:
Ice- Pros: High Health. Cons: Weaker Attacks.
Fire, Storm- Pros: Powerful Attacks. Cons: Lower Accuracy.
Life- Pros: Can Heal Others. Cons: Attacks? (Not sure, only thing I can think of. Maybe you can switch it out with lower health...)
Death- I have NO idea, probably similar to Fire & Storm. Same with Myth.
Balance- Pros: Many spells that can change the rules of the battle (shields, blades, traps, ect.), Attacks that can be different elements. Cons: Attacks that do damage with multiple schools are weaker.

Yeah, I know the list got worse as it went on, I really only know the elemental Pros/Cons, mainly due to the fact my main wizard is ice.

As to answer the "Which is best school" question, based off of this list, it's a matter of preference.

EDIT: Ok, I've realized that a few schools (Like Death, Balance, and Myth) are mainly balanced, maybe with bad fizzling odds or lower health at some point. But still, the "best school" is whichever one suits your playstyle.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
zorro11 wrote:
bloodforyou wrote:
I am Balance, but I think Storm is the most powerful. I compared all of the schools and Storm is the strongest, also they have the strongest treasure cards. you figure you cannot stop a storm or destory it. you can melt ice with fire, put out fire with ice, prove a myth wrong, make the balance unbalanced, and destroy life.
i didnt name death, is because that is the second strongest, very close with storm.
fire is third is the rank
ice fourth.
i always thought ice would be the strongest. i wanted it to be because it is so beautiful the school and the house, etc.
now i am so intrigued with the whole storm school. they have cool colours too and awesome spells.

Storm is the most powerfull

Honestly? It makes no difference to me. YOu can have one school and still train in another one or learn some spells from many schools. Right now I have a Pyromancer that is full fire and also has healing spells. It makes it easier for me because I have the pan now. I can heal myself with the pan or anyone in the group. maybe only one at a time but if I am in a battle and someone is the lead fighter I can heal them when needed. Pan heals up to 860. true I can't get some of the spells a healer has as they are special spells but I have some that are pretty significant. And they definitely come in handy when I fight alone and there is no healer about.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
my fav is fire because i like the dragon spell cause it attacks all the enimies

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
rayharos wrote:
DarkStorm824 wrote:
KiansDad wrote:
That's easy. Death school. They serve cookies.

Come to the dark side! We got cookies! xD
Only DARK chocolate though, well what else do you think?
xD DARK chocolate if ya want ice they have ICE CREAM

LOL I am working on getting a new Zealand Natural or Haagen Daz moved in (Professor Greyrose we could make some money! :D )

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I say fire and death are tied.
death and fire wizards have cookies.
[because fire can cause death]

jk but i am serious too. i have a bff on the game thats a lvl 50 death wizard wile i'm a lvl 48 fire wizard and when we fight together we're pretty much unstoppable.

-i attack with spells that do damage over time when were low on heath, then he heals us both wile i keep attacking. :P 8)

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
no such thing as best school. you have to remember some people actually take that personality quiz and thats how they are paired with that school. so if you insult ice you insult my personality!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Hehe I love these posts!

Okay, here are my opinions
(Alphabetical)

Balance- Excellent at powering one's deffences and offences, great power in Judgement.
Death- Great head on damage, fair healing drains.
Fire- Great damage, high fizzle rate.
Ice- Great deffences, poor offences.
Life- Excellent at healing themselves and others, very poor offences.
Myth- Well rounded, plenty of minions.
Storm- Excellent offences, poor deffences. Highest fizzle rate.

Remember these are my opinions, I don't need you to question them.

Molly
Magus Sorcerer

Hero
May 02, 2009
firelord68 wrote:
whats DOTS??

I AM A PYROMANCER LVL 32 :D

DoT stands for Damage over Time (spells that do damage over 3 rounds like frostbite, fire elf, link, heckhound and poison).

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
zorro11 wrote:
Life,it's obvious! You get to HEAL! You and your friends actually get to stay alive once! Spells like absorb can help you for at least 3 powerfull rounds.

Yes life is good. but were talking about the most damage not to survive

P.S Storm ftw

P.P.S Weakest school to my opinion is myth even tho i am grandmaster conjurer

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
i think myth is awesome but the other schools are cool too!

1. myth ( good moves and unstoppable minions )
2. storm ( superstrong moves but low health )
3. life ( healing but weaker moves )
4. death ( average moves and average healing and average health )
5. fire ( moves - ehh not thaat good but ok and not very much health )
6. ice ( pretty weak moves but great health )
7. balance ( ummm not so good sorry )

steven swifthunter lvl 50 myth
thx :-o :-) :D :-o

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
zorro11 wrote:
bloodforyou wrote:
I am Balance, but I think Storm is the most powerful. I compared all of the schools and Storm is the strongest, also they have the strongest treasure cards. you figure you cannot stop a storm or destory it. you can melt ice with fire, put out fire with ice, prove a myth wrong, make the balance unbalanced, and destroy life.
i didnt name death, is because that is the second strongest, very close with storm.
fire is third is the rank
ice fourth.
i always thought ice would be the strongest. i wanted it to be because it is so beautiful the school and the house, etc.
now i am so intrigued with the whole storm school. they have cool colours too and awesome spells.

Storm is the most powerfull

I think that the combination between Storm and Life is completely strong. Storm doesn't have any heals, and Life doesn't have the best attacks. Combine those and you have a powerful, long lasting wizard.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
OK everyone here is my opinion...

1. Fire
2. Balance
3. Life
4. Death
5. Ice
6. Storm

What? O, your wondering about Myth? Well, it is so awesome that it doesnt belong on a list that is so low on the "Good Scale"
So, all in all, get it right!

Myth- lvl 49 -Dont fight the truth!

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I like all schools I like storm cause I can hit high I like myth cause minions I like ice cause of high health I like fire cause it can hit hard I like balance cause of shielding I like etc and so one :P Taylor Swift (adept soricore)

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
timetwister169 wrote:
well i like the death school but i think they should add another school
yes death is cool but myth is the best

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
this is a list of my favorite schools

1.death
2,balance
3.storm
4.life
5.fire
6.ice
7.myth

Survivor
Jul 02, 2008
Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
sloop9024 wrote:
I have a wizard in every school ( Myth is my Fav) and I want to know what your fav school is. PleaseTell me why you like your school and your fav spell. And don't forget the schools are Fire

Death Balance Myth

Life

Ice Storm

hey did anyone else notice he said i have a wizard in EVERY school but yet it just shows death balance myth life ice and storm NOT fire so hey you 4got a school kid

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
dagger44 wrote:
7. Ice
6. Myth
5. Fire
4. Balance
3. Life
2. Storm
1. Death

hey does that mean ice sucks?! hello? thats dumb if any school sucks i think it would be strom cause it seems to fizz alot

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
DarkStorm824 wrote:
All schools are equal, no school is the best.

I so agree. Each school has it's advantages and disadvantages. I love the spells Theurgists get as far a attack and healing the only down side is that unlike the Necromancers they can not attack and heal at the same time. I myself am a Theurgist and I love going to the school of life. My dear sister is a Necromancer and loves being as such. The most important thing to remember is that there is no better school, they are all equal in their own rights.

Alexandria Dragonhaven
Master Theurgist

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
gmf1999 wrote:
1.Life
2.Ice
3.Fire
4. Death
5.Storm
6. Balance
7.Myth

~Gabriel Rubyblood lvl 31 fire wizard :)

Honestly you put myth at the bottom
Myth is the best because if you have shields you can forget about them

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
1 balance
2 storm
3 myth
4 fire
5 death
6 ice
7 life

Life even though you can heal yourself it won't matter because then you can never attack
Balance you can boost your secondary and primary school to do a lot of damage

Wolf Bane lvl50 myth
Wolf Bane lvl43 balance
Wolf Bane lvl18 storm