Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connection Lost

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
somtimes when i'm playing i lose connection of the game and everything disappears except my pet and character and also i cant move. Is this a new problem? or is it just my computer? please reply

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
cookiekid12 wrote:
somtimes when i'm playing i lose connection of the game and everything disappears except my pet and character and also i cant move. Is this a new problem? or is it just my computer? please reply

This also happens to me from time to time. If not in battle i press the [home] button to take me to my house, or [end] to take me to commons area. When in battle, i press [esc] and do my best to hit quit. It is quite hard considering you can see where you need to click and must listen for the sound of the mouse passing over a button. Once back at that character screen, i can't see anything but the characters and must again feel around on screen to hit play. Once i manage to get back into the game, i have no other problems.

Since this also happens to some of my friends online, i would say the problem is not your computer.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
all i do is, i close my wizard101, then go back on it again,ok :-) , it happens quite alot with me,see ya!

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
Same thing ,but press crtl g to see again but i cant find any way to move.
this bug hapen to each 10 minuts so pls do something or your game will be the worst i pay for.....

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
this happens to me a lot also, but what i do is go to my desktop, hit my wizard101 icon, then put in my username and password, then in a few seconds, I go onto my lost connection wizard101, then i get a message saying someone logged into my account and then exit and then i get back on my reseted one and play

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
I have been having this problem recently but only during battles. I finally decided to uninstall the test realm and I haven't been disconnected since.
I think there's a bottleneck happening between the two servers.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Happens to me a lot.
What I learned, from the book about Wizard101, is that pressing Ctrl + G brings your buttons back, but I still, couldn't walk. So, I figured if I teleported to many places friends were (I got my buttons back, Ctrl + G, so I simply clicked on friends list), about 4 or 5, I would be able to move, once again. What I have found out is that if you teleport to a battle, it only takes about 2 or 3 teleports.
accioliv88, Hannah Dragonsword, 43 Fire