Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

On badges...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
One of the things I've noticed is the increasing number of Savior of the Spiral badges being worn by low level characters. Obviously they have teleported to their friends in the Dragons Roost dungeon. The Drake Rider badge means that not only did you beat Malistaire, but all the quests to actually get there (as well as the Forum sidequests). On the WarCry site, it lists Dragonspyre Master as a badge (which I haven't seen) as well as ones for completing Krokotopia, Marleybone and MooShu.

This got me to thinking of the badges and what they mean.

Basically, badges break into three categories:

Quests (Homework)
Hunting Monsters
Crafting

There already is a "top" Crafting badge, Master Artisan.

I would suggest a new "top" Monster Hunting badge (for when you have completed all of those "kill X monsters" badges in all of the worlds) along the lines of Big Game Hunter. This would put you in the league of Sir Reginald Baxby, the silent Zebra who hangs out with the big gun.

I would also suggest a badge for when you have completed all of your Quests (except crafting, since they have their own badge set), something like Honor Student. The idea being that you are an honor student for having done all of your homework.

Finally, I would suggest badges named something like Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Summa Cum Laude. For those of you not aware, these are the honors that can be conferred upon you when you graduate from college or high school. When you get one of the "top" badges you get Cum Laude, get 2 of the "top" badges and you receive Magna Cum Laude, earn all 3 of the top badges, and you have definitely earned Summa Cum Laude ("with highest honors").

Thoughts?

Wolf Spellslinger
Grandmaster Balance

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I agree with you 100%. KI needs to make use of the badge system for the enjoyment of everyone.

Once you make grand there are basicly three things to do:

Social (take out those "I need a girl/boy)
Get the top equipment
Get badges

If they expand on the badges it will increase game play for most people and help to increase enjoyment. I find it extremely gratifying to be able to get a badge that was hard to get and to e able to show it off.

Thank you

Skjuda