Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do you know how muck crowns you pay to go

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Administrator
Here is a link to the prices of all the Areas in Wizard101 in Crowns;

https://www.wizard101.com/game/areapricing

Remember though, there are two ways to pay your way; you can purchase TIME in the game with a Subscription, or AREAS in the game with Crowns. If you have a Subscription, you do not need to purchase the AREAS.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Well here's some big news, purchasing all the areas with crowns is equivalent to buying a one year subscription at it's normal price, around $80. To get all of the current areas forever, it takes 59,670 crowns. If you buy $80 of crowns at one time you get 60,000 crowns leaving you with a few for the arena. So i would honestly suggest playing with crowns, not a subscription.
Still you must remember that you will have to buy any new worlds that come out but on the bright side they will only cost about $10 to $15 dollars each and only a few come out each year so it's still less than a year subscription.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
Well here's some big news, purchasing all the areas with crowns is equivalent to buying a one year subscription at it's normal price, around $80. To get all of the current areas forever, it takes 59,670 crowns. If you buy $80 of crowns at one time you get 60,000 crowns leaving you with a few for the arena. So i would honestly suggest playing with crowns, not a subscription.
Still you must remember that you will have to buy any new worlds that come out but on the bright side they will only cost about $10 to $15 dollars each and only a few come out each year so it's still less than a year subscription.

that's if you intend on staying with the game for a long time, it is quite possible to lvl up 6 wizards to grand and get them to warlord ranking while completing every quest (except for some marley sidequests) in a four month span ($40 if you pay for a subscription by month) i only know this because i have many friends that have done this, however it truly depends on how much time you play the game and at what rate you go with it if you get what i am saying

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:

Your math doesn't make since to me. It is actually cheaper to buy the subscription at the current promotion rate of $60.00, which allows you unlimited access to everything, including PVP, than pay $80 and still have to pay for PVP each time you want to go into the arena.

Delver
May 04, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:

Did you know that they are running their special again right now...a yearly subscription for $60. With your figures, that would still leave you $20 to buy crowns (about 10,000) or save it for a new area...