Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Professors! Mounts!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose in the kindest way possible I ask that you and the entire staff re-look the mounts! Wizards all over are beginning to beg their parents for these "unique" mounts we can buy through the crowns shop. I notice the mounts are equivelint to a big sum of US dollars!

Broom- Average of 10$

Animals- Average of 15$

Dragons-Average of 20$

I ask you in the kindest way I can to please think over this with some compassion to the paying parents and the playing young wizards! When you look at other games mounts are a fun thing you can earn from questing or leveling, or even beating a tough boss! I never seen a mount you must buy with US dollars as the best option! I agree you need to make money but please consider slashing the prices in half! Dragons could be 10$, they are beautiful to look at and are a rare thing to see! Brooms can be 5$, they are the common transportation for a wizard. and animals can be 7-8$, rare animal beasts ready to transport you any where!

Please professors consider my suggestion! It will make the community much happier! :)

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Um, in case you didn't know this, all of the mounts can be purchased with in-game gold. Just hit the Gold tab on the rigth side and you'll see the prices for all of the mounts in gold.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
lorddoom141 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose in the kindest way possible I ask that you and the entire staff re-look the mounts! Wizards all over are beginning to beg their parents for these "unique" mounts we can buy through the crowns shop. I notice the mounts are equivelint to a big sum of US dollars!

Broom- Average of 10$

Animals- Average of 15$

Dragons-Average of 20$

I ask you in the kindest way I can to please think over this with some compassion to the paying parents and the playing young wizards! When you look at other games mounts are a fun thing you can earn from questing or leveling, or even beating a tough boss! I never seen a mount you must buy with US dollars as the best option! I agree you need to make money but please consider slashing the prices in half! Dragons could be 10$, they are beautiful to look at and are a rare thing to see! Brooms can be 5$, they are the common transportation for a wizard. and animals can be 7-8$, rare animal beasts ready to transport you any where!

Please professors consider my suggestion! It will make the community much happier! :)

Although, I do agree with you that the crown prices are extremely high, the mounts can be brought with gold. It doesn't take that long to save and there are numberous ways to earn gold. You can obtain it by battling, looking for silver and wood chests, selling items from your bag or playing the games that fill your mana bottles. You can also wait until a particular item goes on sale to purchase it. I've noticed lately, when the crown item price drops, so does the gold.

I have brought a dragon and a broom for my players to share.

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
I find gold an armor need instead of a "Save 52k for a mount" and what if I HAVE crowns and I just dont want to waste them all in one thing...

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You have 2 reaasonable options to get a mount. It's not KI's fault you don't which to do either one.