Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

OK Malistaire where are ya !

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I think I'm ready for the big final fight......but I can't find him and don't understand what I'm supposed to do. I did all the quests fly to his tower on my drake and then what ????? I go into his lair and theres a stone bridge running across the top, I follow my compass to center of bridge.but theres no stairs up or down......ok lets see whats on the other end.......nothing !

So what exactly am I supposed to do once I fly to Malistires tower ?
I tried it solo , do I have to have others go in with me ?
Anyone want to go with me ?

UPDATE : I just killed him for the first time, got lucky and found 3 wizards at the gate just about to go inside. I never would have figured out where your supposed to go if they had not all done it before and just had me follow them. KI should fix it so compass points you the right way , and gives you info on what your supposed to do ! No where in the game dose it tell you about having to have three ppl activate three crystals at the same time.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:
I think I'm ready for the big final fight......but I can't find him and don't understand what I'm supposed to do. I did all the quests fly to his tower on my drake and then what ????? I go into his lair and theres a stone bridge running across the top, I follow my compass to center of bridge.but theres no stairs up or down......ok lets see whats on the other end.......nothing !

Fighting malistaire isnt only fighting him. You have to do a dungeon. Soloing it is most likely impossible. People might say that they did it alone but there is no way in heck they could turn on three crystals that constantly turn off to unlock the door. They had some help at one point. I'm POSITIVE.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Realistically, you need to have 3 wizards to journey through Malistaire's Lair (although 2 can do so with a bit of timing and communication).

After entering the Lair, you go across the rock bridge across the chasm, avoiding the first group of monsters. On the other side you will find the last book you need for your Book Quest.

Continue down the ramp and go through the closed door. In the next area, you want to continue straight towards another rock bridge (this one is a bit hard to see until you are up upon it).

There are 2 platforms in the middle with monsters walking in cirlces on them. These are mandatory fights, although sometimes you can avoid getting pulled in by walking the very edge of the platform around them. (another trick is to let one wizard get pulled into the fght, the rest go around. then a second wizard gets pulled into a fight on the second platform while the remaining wizard(s) go around. Once the remaining wizard(s) is on the other side of the platform, the 2 fighting wizards can quit, reload and port back in to your friends)

There is a door here that you cannot pass. Follow the wall to the left and go down the ramp. Enter the platform and hit X. This is a lift that takes you up to the top.

Here you will find 2 platforms on either side of the lift. One has all Fire monsters and the other will have all Ice. The Fire boss holds the grandmaster rings for all the schools (good luck). The Ice boss has the grandmaster daggers (athames) for all the schools (good luck).

On the outer wall on either side of the two platforms are Crystal Stands (one on each side). There is a 3rd Crystal Stand through the doorway pass the Crystal Stand that is on the Fire monsters side. You can traverse pass all the monsters there easily in order to reach the 3rd Crystal Stand.

Here's the trick. All 3 Crystal Stands must be active (not necessarily activated) at the same time in order to unlock the door that leads to Malistaire. You activate the Crystal Stand by standing near it and hitting "X". After about 10 seconds, the Crytsal Stand will deactivate and you will have to activate it again. That is why having at least 3 wizards in your party is needed.

Remember that I said that it could be done with 2 wizards? Well, here's the deal. One wizard will wait by the Crystal Stand that is on the other side of the Ice monster platform. The 2nd wizard with place a marker at the Crystal Stand on the other side of the Fire monster platform. The same wizard will then go through the door on that side and traverse his/her way past the monsters there until you've reached the 3rd Crystal. Private chat your friend and tell him to activate his Crystal Stand. Activate your Crystal Stand, port back to your marker and activate the last Crystal Stand.

Head back to the lift (don't get in) and go up the center ramp and through the doorway there. If you were riding any mounts at this time, you will find yourself on foot (and will be for the rest of the area).

You will reach another set of double doors that are locked by the life force of the 2 monsters within the chamber, one on either side. Break up into 2 groups, one for each monster and enter the circle. Blade, trap and find your best hit card because both monsters need to be defeated within a short time of each other. When a monster dies, it will unlock it's side of the double doors, but both sides needs to be unlocked in order to get through. If you take too long to defeat the 2nd monster, the first will respawn and relock his side of the door.

Once both monsters are defeated and the doors unlocked, go through them to another corridor that will take you to the final chamber. You will see Malistaire supported in mid air by the same type of energy that kept the previous double doors locked. Here the energy is being supplied by 4 more monsters all with the same fighting circle. No time race here, nor do you have to worry about a respawn ... just kill the monsters. On the other side of those monsters, along the outer wall right by the edge of the crevace is the last rose.

Once you defeated the 4 monsters and head up to Malistaire, a short dialogue will occur between Malistaire and his brother Cyrus.

Once it is over, you will face Malistaire himself (along with 3 more of those feather dusters). This is what you've been waiting for, training for, bragging about all this time. Fight the man, be the man, save the spiral and get the badge.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:

UPDATE : I just killed him for the first time, got lucky and found 3 wizards at the gate just about to go inside. I never would have figured out where your supposed to go if they had not all done it before and just had me follow them. KI should fix it so compass points you the right way , and gives you info on what your supposed to do ! No where in the game dose it tell you about having to have three ppl activate three crystals at the same time.

First, congratulations!

Second, there are two areas which will not allow you to solo this dungeon, the three crystals (with marking it can be done with two wizards) and then you must beat the two ice guardians of the innermost lair that must be beat within around a minute of each other. The nice thing is that during busy times you can usually find a few wizards outside the door willing to help you out. You might even get lucky, as you did, and get someone that knows the chamber well.

P.S. I hope you got your jacket and gurtok!

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:

I totally agree with you. This is the only dungeon that frustrated me to the point where I said forget it. I know it is supposed to be challenging, but to have any clues where you are suppose to go or do is ridiculus. If it weren't for a couple of wizards from this forum, I could not have done it. Now I have a second wizard that needs to go and am postponing that one. There should be some form of instructions on what to do.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
There should be some form of instructions on what to do.

I gave you one.