Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance's weakness

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Explorer
May 12, 2009
lavastrike246 wrote:
what schools are strong against balance
None. :)` I am not balance, I am fire but no schools are strong against balance. Too many shields then balanceblade then hex then twelve pips counting power pips then BOOM judgement.

Christo FireHeart LVL 45 Pyromancer/Theurge

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
i think the best school to use against balance is myth, myth can remove all shields and blades from balance with earthquake, and you can remove traps they use on you with "cleanse ward" so you can get rid of any feints and hex, then just boost up and hit with minotaur or orthrus and beat him, balance is no match for myth.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
masterIII wrote:
i think the best school to use against balance is myth, myth can remove all shields and blades from balance with earthquake, and you can remove traps they use on you with "cleanse ward" so you can get rid of any feints and hex, then just boost up and hit with minotaur or orthrus and beat him, balance is no match for myth.
Hmmm good idea i get earthquake from my crown hat... ..................

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
When you think about it balance's shields are 50% if you use some school traps and blades then it will even out. It isn't about the school power it is about strategy. Yes, maybe myth is better at beating balance, but that doesn't mean death or life or any other school can't beat balance. One possibility that Kingsisle won't let us pick our spells straight from our spell book because it will take forever! That is all i got to say.

David DarkStalker GM Necromancer

Survivor
May 26, 2009
my advice, being a balance master, is ice is our greatest weakness (however most "okay" sorcerers will beat an ice wizard easy if they aren't grand or are new to the arena)

Why is ice so hard for us?

1. they have tower shields (up to 10 if you have certain equipment)
2. they can take our ice shields
3. they have stun spells
4. very high health
5. natural shielding with their clothing

thats a lot better against us then just an earthquake spell

~Richard BattleBlade lvl 46 Sorcerer

"If i have offended anyone, i apologize sincerely"

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
lavastrike246 wrote:

I think the best school againts balance is ice, if you have an immolate card on your side deck [treasure deck] use it to take out the feint and other traps while you have a shield and then shield with a tower shield it should help you out if he attacks with judgment and runs out off pips

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
lavastrike246 wrote:

As a balance Grandmaster, any school if played properly. The "natural" opponents to the other schools appear pretty simpe. In the case of balance, they are all good against it, just not as good as against their "natural" opponent and balance is good against everyone, just not as good as your "natural" opponent.

My basic rule of thumb for wining in PvP is simple:

Kill the healer, Kill the sorcerer, kill everything else.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
When you consider solo pvp One vs. One combat it's hard to match against a balance person. Sure other schools can get lucky, but my bet is the most wins go to a normal played balance.

When it comes to group combat there is more parity.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Ice. Most definitely.

-Ice Armor (125 Absorb per pip, maximum absorb is 2000)
-Tower Sheild
-Natural resistance
-High health
-Steal Ward (Take 1 shield from opponent)

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
That was my little bro, but im pretty sure he meant what is strong against a monster of balance, boost resist that kind of thing.

Balance and Death schools rock!

Sorry if that is offensive to anyone in anyway.

- The Sensitive Sorcerer

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
lavastrike246 wrote:

I would have to say, personally, is storm.

Now, your probably thinking my first wizard was a storm XD it was ice, thank you very much. Let me tell you why it's storm:

As you may have noticed, most balance barley reach above 1,500 health, all because they probably just learned judgement and decided that they were going to get to a warlord today. Seriously, though, a wild bolt can wipe them out easily because of their low health.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
kooch1 wrote:
lavastrike246 wrote:
None. :)` I am not balance, I am fire but no schools are strong against balance. Too many shields then balanceblade then hex then twelve pips counting power pips then BOOM judgement.

Christo FireHeart LVL 45 Pyromancer/Theurge

I agree, i am fire too
RObert SunEyes lvl 45 pyromancer/thaumaturge/necromancer
I am doing pvp and now hate it because of balances with full arena armor
They just go around using their fancy shields and then
shield, feint, blade, hex, wait till max power pips and then judge

first off they should make balance shield included in combo shields or somehow (-80% BALANCE damage) not this weak all over stuff

second, its enough they make balance blade and hex TO NEXT ANY STRENGTH SPELL, then its good enought THEY GIVE IT JUDGE!
I think they should get rid of judge or make it less powerful
I also think they should make the boosts (such as balanceblade) BALANCE ONLY!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Really i think myth is better vs balance than ice because i have a myth grand and a balance adept(lvl29). I fought an ice grand and knocked him out with two judgements on my balance, and they cant use steal ward because the ice shield is in between the storm and fire shields, tower shield was no problem ether cause i use fire elf be for i used a blade. Myth has a better chance because it can get passed the shields,.It took me one orthrus and a minotaur to kill the balance. I used a tower shield when he had six pips and the judge did 1,300 damage. When you fight balance use tower shield when he has six pips and prepair an attack back after back w/ blades and WOW gg. plus their shields are weak.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Ok,
I have been seeing a lot of people conplaining about Balance; and in perticular Judgment (I'm not saying I haven't.)
I have a lvl 18 Myth warlord who doesn't use treasures, and as you can probably guess I have to fight people who are much higher in lvl then me. I can beat most people I fight under lvl 45, however I have never, ever beaten a Judgmenter (or a Wild Bolter, but that's opening another can of worms.)
If you are judging effectivness of a strategy on how high it can hit in a single blow, Judgment is pretty good, but Balance only has 6 buffs that come to mind. Those buffs can be used with any other school, so in a way Balance is at a great disadvantage. Trust me, I know sinking of the gut feeling, when a Balance foe has 5 power pips and 4 buffs and you haven't drawn your Tower Shield. Lets face it, if you go second on a Judgmenter (unless they're very bad at PvP) you die. It's simple, but to call Judgment the best thing ever is a drastic overstatement, Tempest can do WAY more damage, but it's power is limited by it's user's low health.
Balance is the most convenait school because of Judgment the most convenaint spell, but Balance is really gets a kick from Ice; I beat my brother's lvl 48 Balance al the time with my lvl 48 Ice (My brother is pretty darn good) the reason being resist plus well placed Tower. The way to beat Judgmenters is let them use it; endure it as best you can, they beat themselves that way by wasting all there pips.
It's fun to beat Balance people, but keep in mind most the time you'll lose.
Take solace in that darn Sorcerer is going to lose to somebody... eventually.

Valdus TitanFist Ice 48 Private
Valerian Titanfist Myth 18 Warlord
Valkoor Titanfist Death 11 Private
ps. if you're wondering why I have 2 noobs, one stopped doing PvE so the other took his place.

Defender
May 18, 2009
masterIII wrote:

Although balance has no weakness, I agree. The Earthquake really does help.