Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To hard to find black pearls!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2009
I got to the last crafting quest and i found the proper recipe but in order for me to craft both of the cloaks i need 16 black pearls. I know how hard it is to find black pearls, and that they come from black lotuses. i have found a spot to farm black lotus that has 5 spots where they respawn and i have farmed there at least 26 times and in all i have only gotten 6 black pearls from that spot. i think that the chances of getting black pearls should be increased so its easer or a new shop should be added that sells rare reagents, but to make it fair the prices of the rare reagents should be 300+ gold cause you could always go and farm for them.

Administrator
You may be interested in Transmutation Recipes, young Wizard.

Toshio in MooShu will gladly sell you a Transmutation Recipe to create a Black Pearl from 15 Black Lotus

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
I got to the last crafting quest and i found the proper recipe but in order for me to craft both of the cloaks i need 16 black pearls. I know how hard it is to find black pearls, and that they come from black lotuses. i have found a spot to farm black lotus that has 5 spots where they respawn and i have farmed there at least 26 times and in all i have only gotten 6 black pearls from that spot. i think that the chances of getting black pearls should be increased so its easer or a new shop should be added that sells rare reagents, but to make it fair the prices of the rare reagents should be 300+ gold cause you could always go and farm for them.

Second to last crafting quest requires 16 black pearls, the last requires an additional 12 pearls, so you will need a total of 28 black pearls.

Farming is good, and with the transmutation spell it should take about 4 hrs of farming to get enough pearls + black lotus to transmute to pearls for both quests. (I timed this earlier this week, a tad over 4 hrs of farming).

I would also think about the blood moss transmutation spell you need for the book stands (last quest).

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I understand how you feel.

Yesterday, I farmed all day, got 8 black pearls, and 150 black lotuses. I transmuted all of the black lotuses, and wound up with 18 black pearls.

The next quest requires 12 black pearls, so now I just need 10 more, as well as the 20 blood moss.

Crafting is supposed to be long and time consuming. Plenty people have become master artisans, and come to think of it, there was a time when you had to craft 5 of the items, rather than 2. People were still able to craft all 5, so crafting 2 should be much easier.

If they made crafting too easy, then becoming a master artisan will not be the same as what it is today. It's a privilege to be able to wear the badge.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
I'm one of those that earned the badge doing the old crafting quest of 5 of each items as well...And I'm very proud to wear it.

I enjoy the crafting so much, that I've been crafting my own furniture. Currently making 20 jade chairs which happen to require 24 black pearls each. Been working on the chairs now for almost 2 weeks. Have 6 more to make and only need to collect the pearls for 4 of those 6. :-D

It just takes patience. And with the crafting quests made much easier now with the transmutation cards and lower item needed, you're deffinately not anywhere near as challenged as us old timers were. LOL!

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Toshio in MooShu will gladly sell you a Transmutation Recipe to create a Black Pearl from 15 Black Lotus

I purchased card recipes from Storm tree but I cannot find them in my recipe bag, do you know of any reason for this?

Thanks also for the tip on black pearl

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
goodmood wrote:
I purchased card recipes from Storm tree but I cannot find them in my recipe bag, do you know of any reason for this?

The crafting menu is a lot like Elik's store. The first page is Equipment, the second page is furniture, and the last page is treasure cards and transmuting recipes. Just click on the right arrow at the top, and you can switch around.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Lily1358 wrote:
goodmood wrote:

The crafting menu is a lot like Elik's store. The first page is Equipment, the second page is furniture, and the last page is treasure cards and transmuting recipes. Just click on the right arrow at the top, and you can switch around.

Thank you so much, I knew I was probably missing something. If it it had a mouth it probably would have bit me.Thanks for your reply

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
conorjak7 wrote:

Second to last crafting quest requires 16 black pearls, the last requires an additional 12 pearls, so you will need a total of 28 black pearls.

Farming is good, and with the transmutation spell it should take about 4 hrs of farming to get enough pearls + black lotus to transmute to pearls for both quests. (I timed this earlier this week, a tad over 4 hrs of farming).

I would also think about the blood moss transmutation spell you need for the book stands (last quest).

Thanks for the info, I have found 1 spot, but would love to know the one you are speaking, The one I found only has drops around every 3 hours.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
goodmood wrote:
Thanks for the info, I have found 1 spot, but would love to know the one you are speaking, The one I found only has drops around every 3 hours.

I like the run in Kishibe Village from just outside the building where Khin-Pao resides to the building holding the evil Aiuchi. It takes about 80 seconds to transverse and has 8 possible spawning sites (near the buildings are just behind the cart and on the other side near the rock, near the rock/ruins on the hard turn, and just beyond the hard turn on the path, then near the bridge, between the hay 'bails' and under the cart = 8 possible sites). Note, you will usually find 1-3 of these sites with black lotus. Assuming an average of 1.2 sites per run, at 1.5 lotus (and 0.15 black pearls), to get 180 lotus and 18 pearls, you would need to do about 100 runs. This would total 30 black lotus for quest 1, 150 -> 10 black pearls, plus the 18 found pearls. Add this to the 10 black lotus you already have, and you have enough. 100 runs is about 2 hours. Now, you may not reach the averages, so plan on a bit more. :)

Note, this assumes no one else is poaching, etc. You can also find similiar sites in any of the last 5 non-instance zones of MS.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
goodmood wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
conorjak7 wrote:

When I signed in the other day I noticed my transmute spells were out of order, guess what, my Blood Moss spell is missing and I cannot find another so far. Is this normal? I will be here forever looking for Blood Moss without it.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Gamma wrote:

I have another character 2 actually and cannot find Transmute spells anywhere. It seems that my program has been farmed and not replenished. If you have the option to have 6 characters shouldn't there be enough spell cards for everyone?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
goodmood wrote:
Gamma wrote:

I have another character 2 actually and cannot find Transmute spells anywhere. It seems that my program has been farmed and not replenished. If you have the option to have 6 characters shouldn't there be enough spell cards for everyone?

There are an unlimited amount of these spells. I think you aren't finding them because you have to go to the third page of the spell catalog. Use the arrow on the upper right to switch to the last (third) section where these spells are found.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I know how you feel. My character, Natalie BlueRiver level 29 adept Balance, couldnt go to chelsea court yet and i had balance quest to go there. Then one of my balance friends told me to sneak aroung the boss get the crate and learn the spell Judgement. Try asking some friends

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Gamma wrote:

the transmutation takes a countless amount of work.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
drege453 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

the transmutation takes a countless amount of work.

Depends on are you just transmuting the rares, or also transmuting regeants to make rares...

I personally just do the regeants to rares transmuting. I know where the best regeant areas are, and do my hunting in those areas...

It took me less then 2 hours to collect all of my pearls needed for all the DS crafting quests, plus the additional black lotus needed in one of those quests, PLUS extra lotus and pearls to sell in the bazaar.

Same with collecting the diamonds, blood moss, and frostflowers took 15 minutes. In fact, had each and every regeant for both the MS and DS crafting quests collected within a week's period of approxiamately 16 hours of total farming done for all three together...

What took the longest to get the quests done was the cool down periods. Not the actual farming for the regeants, or transmuting just the rares from their single regeant needed.

Not for not one character, but three characters in total. Of which, one of those characters had her Masters at level 7 (almost 8 with no fights), another at level 10, and the other at level 15.

Reason the other 2 took so long to get theirs is my hubby asked me to go help him in some fights with them, as we started our new characters together. So they gathered extra experience along the way teleporting to him to fight. The last one though, I wouldn't fight, to see what level a character to get by simply crafting for experience. 8)

Needless to say, since I started her doing her quests in Wizard City, people have been asking me how she got her Master Artisan's badge at such a low level. It's been interesting, the remarks, to say the least.

Simply put? If you know where to do your regeant hunting, as well as the best times to do it so there's hardly any competition? Getting all your regeants plus extras to sell is easy as pie. And all you really need is the single regeant to rare transmutation to accomplish it in a couple of hours time.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
By the time I get stuff I'm already grandmaster. It does not matter though because crafting is fun when you have nothing else to do or if you get bored with your quests.

I like doing things in order so I make sure my previous character finishes it before my current character. Also I agree, it takes too long to find black pearls. Of course you can transmutate and I'm glad they put it down from 5 to 2 items. But make it so like maybe 5 lotus into one pearl so it does not take me all day just to get 16 pearls. It hard enough to even find lotus. :P I know where to look though. There are lots in the tree of life and it still takes a while.

At least I learn patience. Which I already learned!!

:)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Well Gama, for those black lotus, you have to find them(hard) or make them 10 Cat tails and 10 ore making a total of 150 Cat tails and 150 Ore for ONE black pearl

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
By the time I get stuff I'm already grandmaster. It does not matter though because crafting is fun when you have nothing else to do or if you get bored with your quests.

I like doing things in order so I make sure my previous character finishes it before my current character. Also I agree, it takes too long to find black pearls. Of course you can transmutate and I'm glad they put it down from 5 to 2 items. But make it so like maybe 5 lotus into one pearl so it does not take me all day just to get 16 pearls. It hard enough to even find lotus. :-P I know where to look though. There are lots in the tree of life and it still takes a while.

At least I learn patience. Which I already learned!!

:-)

Actually, the best place for finding black lotus is in the Ancient Burial Grounds. Doing a complete revolution of the realms there, will net you in 150-180 black lotus plus 12-16 black pearls. So in one complete farming revolution you have all your pearls, which takes an hour and a half total.

That's splitting up the grounds in 3 run points by the way, of 60 seconds each. There's a total of 13 drop locations. 5 drop locations in the tomb, 2 drop locations at each of the 4 houses.

Of course, since one of the other recipes ask for black lotus? You'll need to farm a few extra realms in the process, so you have the additional black lotus for the other crafting quest, which will incidentally drop even more pearls. So you'll end over what you need easily and quickly. Usually, I just simply finish the left over realms when doing that, as the extra regeants collected help pay/reimburse for the treasure cards needed for those last couple of crafting quests. 8)

AlecVolterra wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Well Gama, for those black lotus, you have to find them(hard) or make them 10 Cat tails and 10 ore making a total of 150 Cat tails and 150 Ore for ONE black pearl

No, they're not hard to find at all. It's just knowing where to look and knowing what times of the day is slowest so you get less competition when farming. I have 4 farming locations that net in all of the regeants and rares needed. And 3 of those locations only require one complete realm revolution, while the later (black pearls) takes an hour and a half...And I end up with all my regeant needs for all my crafting quests, per character, using those spots in one day.

See my post above of where the best farming location is for black lotus. ;)

The 'hardest' regeant to farm for is blood moss. But even that isn't an issue if you know the farming locations that are the best timely producers.

I actually did the original crafting quests with my fire girls, when the items needed to be made were 5, instead of 2 and no transmutation cards...

Now THAT was a challenge to do then, even knowing where to farm. What ya'll have now for the crafting quests is literally, child's play.

Because in one or two full revolutions of realm hunting (half an hour to an hour), you can have all your regeants needed, plus extras left over to sell in the bazaar.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Gamma wrote:

There are several good 'hunting grounds' for Black Lotus....I have posted one before that has eight spawning points in a distance you can cover in about one minute, the realm change cool-down time, in which at least one of the sites have the reagent, sometimes two. Usually I get 2 lotus/run, about 100 an hour (with 3-5 black pearls). Again, you have to be dedicated to crafting and put in the time at the correct time.

Then again, I have seen black pearls for sale....and if you think black pearls are tough, hold your breath and wait to roll over and get sick trying to find blood moss.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009

AlicornsPrayer

Actually, the best place for finding black lotus is in the Ancient Burial Grounds. Doing a complete revolution of the realms there, will net you in 150-180 black lotus plus 12-16 black pearls. So in one complete farming revolution you have all your pearls, which takes an hour and a half total.

That's splitting up the grounds in 3 run points by the way, of 60 seconds each. There's a total of 13 drop locations. 5 drop locations in the tomb, 2 drop locations at each of the 4 houses.

A lot of people keep saying the Cave of Solitude is better for black lotus. I disagree. I would have to agree with you about the Ancient Burial Grounds being the best place for finding black lotus. Sounds like you and I do the same run through the Ancient Burial Grounds.

I actually did the original crafting quests with my fire girls, when the items needed to be made were 5, instead of 2 and no transmutation cards...

Now THAT was a challenge to do then, even knowing where to farm. What ya'll have now for the crafting quests is literally, child's play.

I agree

I too did the crafting quests when the items needed was 5. It took a long time to find all those diamonds and black pearls. But by the time I was done I knew I really earned the title of Master Artisan.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
superluther wrote:

AlicornsPrayer

A lot of people keep saying the Cave of Solitude is better for black lotus. I disagree. I would have to agree with you about the Ancient Burial Grounds being the best place for finding black lotus. Sounds like you and I do the same run through the Ancient Burial Grounds.

I agree

I too did the crafting quests when the items needed was 5. It took a long time to find all those diamonds and black pearls. But by the time I was done I knew I really earned the title of Master Artisan.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Yep, in fact we've played leapfrog with one another hunting at the same time. You with Hannah and me with my different Heathers. Also ran across you in DS diamond hunting a number of times.

Small world isn't it?

To be honest, I miss the old crafting quests. They were the actual challenge they were supposed to be, that they're kinda missing now. Heck, with the transmutations, even blood moss isn't that much of a challenge if you know the hot drop spots for mandrake. ;)

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009

I just spent a little over an hour farming black lotuses in the Ancient Burial Grounds. I cycled thru all the realms and got 55 black lotuses and ZERO black pearls. I ran into 3-4 other players who may have also been farming black lotuses. Keep in mind this was 2am.

I'm sorry but the drop rate on this particular item is just absurd. Clearly there isn't enough of it, as evidenced by the number of people farming it at 2am and the fact that you can't buy a single black pearl at the bazaar.

The fact that I spent over an hour riding around in circles, trying not to nod off, and didn't get even 1 black pearl... I mean is that really how the designers intended for people to do crafting?