Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

give item to friend

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Is it possible to give a clothing item to a friend ? I have won several realy good robes that I can not equip because they are for other schools of magic, I know I can sell for gold but would rather give to someone that can use it. Also whats the purpose of "shared bank" I tried putting items there but friends cant get them.

Administrator
I'm sorry young Wizard, but the only items you can trade are Treasure Cards.

We have implemented the Bazaar so that players can sell items they have found in the Spiral, and shop for other items that players have sold.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:
Also whats the purpose of "shared bank" I tried putting items there but friends cant get them.

The Shared Bank is where you can put items that all of your wizards in your same account can access.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
Yeah but you can only put regular items in the bazaar. Can't put the "No Auction" items on, which are usually what players want.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I'm sorry young Wizard, but the only items you can trade are Treasure Cards.

We have implemented the Bazaar so that players can sell items they have found in the Spiral, and shop for other items that players have sold.

Why is that professor? I would understand not allowing people to trade things they with crowns but why won't you allow people to trade clothing or even pets? I understand you need to set a certain amount of rules to keep kids safe but are you really going to restrict the game this much for good? How cool would I be if not only I am a level 50 but on top of that I can get my other Wizard friends cool stuff to help them out. You would be promoting team work and a group effort. Maybe you could let them trade Items but not Items for gold. Just keep the trading for objects only that way no kids can get ripped of by some adult who confuses them or leads them to believe a item is worth more then it is. Also is it possible for one wizard on my account to go to a house that I have on a different wizard? And if not then why? I remember hearing in a video interview that someone on your team came from Origin. They are the people who made Ultima Online ( The granddaddy of MMO's ). Why not get his input for the game. A lot of what they did in that game is what made it so successful! Please don't restrict the game so much. It creats a bitterness for your company to players. I am not saying to open everything and change everything but what is wrong with the principals of a free market. In aion players can hit a button and set up shop wherever they are. When you hit the button you player sits on a stool and puts a flag up letting other people know he has stuff for sale. They also allow a limited amount of characters within a single line for you to advertise your store above your head in a bubble like a chat bubble that doesn't go away. At first a few things may be overpriced and some underpriced but with a free market you will eventually get stability. It is what made this country great and I am sure it would make your game even better. Also why not have the Bazzar be a actual auction house like in Aion and WoW and other games. If you don't want to can you please explain what your fear of doing this is? I will be soon making a post for these issues but I wanted some of your input before I do. Thank you!

Matthew Lifegiver lvl 46 Life Wizard 4 Life!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I guess I will just keep selling them then........I was not even talking about tradeing I would give stuff away free if I could.

By the way you are correct you can't sell "no auction / crowns only " items at the Baazar but the regular shops will give you gold for them.............. Those items are then available for purchase, but for crowns only again.

It would be more fair if it is a crowns only item , I be paid in crowns. But I doubt KI will ever do anything that gives you crowns.