Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The word, "Noob"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2009
noob means a person in a game that is a new player. but that doesnt mean people cant use it to hurt other people's feelings. For example: I was fighting this person and she was a lower level than me. She had beat me so then she said "HA! YOU JUST GOT BEAT BY A NOOB!" I have nothing against noobs cause even if we level up the way to level 60, we still all used to be noobs.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I always say "Thank You!" as a response when they insult me what so ever, mostly the word " Noob ", I do the same things at school! The reaction from them is just so funny! The reaction at school is way better though :D . Especially when I block their goals when I'm in net when I play soccer. The word " Noob " should be banned even though because it's still not a nice word to use.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
NEWB = New Player. For this game ill put that about level 1-15, not including if you have other wizards past those levels.

NOOB = A upcoming, veteran, or old time player that acts like a new player or behaves in a new player fashion. Example: A level 45 asking where to find a marleybone NPC.(npc means a non-playing character for all you noobs.)

and thats why you are all noobs for thinking noob meant new player. LOL

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I think the word "noob" is a cruel and rude thing to say. I am a level 40 Storm Wizard, and even I get called a noob! I have played longer than a lot of people, and those are the ones who call me a noob. I think that maybe they are trying to feel better about themselves or something. Either way, I think KI needs to ban the word "noob", and so do many other players. Posted by:Emma Pearlfountain, Level 40 Diviner

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I totally agree with everyone's posts how the word "noob" should be banned. Yes, I admit that I have used the word a few times, but I'm sure others agree with this, it hurts other peoples feelings. One time someone called me a horrible little Life noob, and I found it offensive. The word makes people angry and upset so, could you please block the word noob?

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009

when i was low people called me a noob but ya know what? i did not care. and that is how i am in mooshu now. oh and this is a funny story i am level 37 and i have 2,142 right? and i have the savior of the spiral badge. so i was fighting this wizard and he asked me if i was a grand. LOL

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Good chance most of the people who even use it have no idea of its origin or what it may even mean. It has become something to say to look like you're important and it is just nonsense.

I often ask people after they call me, A grand myth warlord of all things, a noob, if they even know what it means. Not one person who I asked was able to defend their use of it. They just dodge the question completely or immediately forget what I'm talking about. how convenient of them.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
The word "noob" usually means a new player. There are also several other definitions of it. If someone called you a noob in pvp it is probably because you have to use cheap tricks such as chain stunning or something like that to win. Also asking for things for free, asking an insane amount of stuff for something, ect. Its basically calling the other person stupid or a cheap player.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Ask them if they know what it means
Most of the time they will say :Yeah its you: meaning they dont know what it means, only they know its an insult

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
i also think that the word noob should become a red word (unusable) because i always start a new wizard if i'm ethier bored with the former wizard or i'm done with the wizard and everytime i go to ravenwood, there is always 1 guy who calls me a noob! PLZ BAN THE WORD NOOB!

Explorer
May 23, 2009
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:
I'm sure you walk around hearing people saying the word, noob, I hate that word. Did you know: That some people think noobs are dumb people. It's a common misunderstanding. I don't think people should make fun of people at most level 12, because they were one at one point, even I was one (so cute when I was just a little apprentice theurgist), so I think the text chat should block the word, noob, because it's not correctly used, and I don't like it all!

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theugist level 50
I agree completly because in the arena there was a initiate storm guy who called me and my friend a noob then we won at the end

I was called a noob when I lost a battle when clearly the person who won was a magus Storm. Plus an Adept Balance team did when me and my friend beat them up. So ya, because the people who call us the noob are clearly the noob.

Anthony Redflame Level 50 Death

I've been picked on in this game for all this time. Now we should be getting the well earned respect

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
livee wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:
I'm sure you walk around hearing people saying the word, noob, I hate that word. Did you know: That some people think noobs are dumb people. It's a common misunderstanding. I don't think people should make fun of people at most level 12, because they were one at one point, even I was one (so cute when I was just a little apprentice theurgist), so I think the text chat should block the word, noob, because it's not correctly used, and I don't like it all!

Caroline Sunbright

the best part bout being called a "noob" in pvp is when you WIN at the end i always say after someone calls me a noob and i win a pvp: "I'M a noob? ok since I'M a noob, you were just OWNED by a noob, so am i REALLY a noob??? ;) XP" teehee!!! thats the best part!!!!

-olivia deathcaster

There is no good part about being called a noob.

For all this time I've been picked on. Time to get some well earned respect.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
lilmarco1994 wrote:
ya the word noob shuld be treated like a curse word open nor text should be able to use it it is very insulting. people take the word noob like your dum and slow and you not skilled at all this word should be banned

You have an amazing point. People are calling other people noobs when they lose a pvp battle. Oh wow if the person that was called a noob won then they should be saying "I am humiliated! I was owned by a noob" but there is nothing to be humiliated about. Nobody in this game are noobs unless they call somebody else a noob! Noob isn't a curse word. It is a mean word that should be treated like a curse word. People are calling people noobs to act cool when they really aren't. It is an insult that we should be banning from our text chat dictionary. I take all these words seriously and they are not a laughing matter. You sure are right lilmarco1994. I want everyone to stop using that word noob because the peson who calls someone a noob is clearly the noob so they shouldn't be talking like I mentioned before.

For all this time I've been picked on. Time to get the well earned respect!

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Noob should be banned for sure. The people who do pvp are called noobs when they win and the person who call them that is the real noob. So people stop calling people noobs and shut up already! You are the noob when you call someone else one!

For all this time I've been picked on. Time to earn the well earned respect.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
steelerfan66 wrote:
I got REPORTED for being a noob!

When i was like on lvl 40!

Getting reported for being a noob is a false report. It is nothing to be reported about. Gamma and Mr. Lincoln take false reports very seriously. They must of gave him a text chat ban for that so you didn't get in trouble.

For all this time I've been picked on. Time to get some well earned respect.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I also agree that that word should be banned but there are always ways around it. NO O Be for example. People find ways around the chat and in the commons you hear them cursing at others or saying words by capatilizing and lowercasing. I hate when your in a pvp match and just because your 1 (1!!!!!!)
lvl from grand and then their a lvl 50, and they call you a noob. It doesnt make sense and it usually starts a fight.
~Samantha Crowvault 50 death
~Mackenzie Jadeheart 46 storm :D
~Cheryl Watergem 14 ice

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Guys the word means new player, it really isnt that insulting. My storm grandmaster gets called a noob and i just laugh. And really enough words are already blocked out making a real conversation a pain.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:
I wonder why it was put in the game in the first place.

Finally, someone wise enough to say that.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:

Caroline Sunbright

Personally, I think it is funny when a player starts calling me a "noob". It shows a lack of compassion on their part & you can visualize that person in RL that is either traumatized by others & they strike out when they are hideing safe behind their computer. Or they are just goofing around and don't mean any harm by it.

Either way, it is just a word. You can let it bother you if you choose, or you can laugh at it and at the person saying it to you.

Defender
May 10, 2010
Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Please, no! I use that word to resist bullies who call me a noob or say other mean things to me and my friends!javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009

If my team goes first in a duel and we keep on using Dispel and Beguile spells against our opponent, and if we end up winning the game and our opponent will call us Noob, then I can't blame them since Wizard101 PvP is really unfair with the existence of these Dispel and Beguile spells, but if we win the game without using these spells, then I guess our opponent can't just accept the defeat and have personality issues.

Thanks!