Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom and gloom - needs to change!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Not because I'm a theurgist but, doom and gloom needs to change becuase it's kind of a waste of pips and deck room. It's like you're casting infection on all of your teammates, and everybody battling in the duel, even you! I think it should just make all death attacks more powerful instead of just weakening your own team and your own healing spells.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist level 50

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Don't you dare. Doom and gloom is awesome!

you obviously do not do pvp well. Doom and gloom makes it so death wizards no longer have to use a heal spell. Doom and gloom is the only thing that can combat a properly ran life wizard. KI has no intention of making drain spells more powerful, that is why tough will not work on them. If you want more deck space don't use d&g if you want stronger death spells use a feint lol.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Aegypti wrote:

you obviously do not do pvp well. Doom and gloom makes it so death wizards no longer have to use a heal spell. Doom and gloom is the only thing that can combat a properly ran life wizard. KI has no intention of making drain spells more powerful, that is why tough will not work on them. If you want more deck space don't use d&g if you want stronger death spells use a feint lol.

Agreed. I couldn't have said it better. lol.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Aegypti wrote:

i don't think doom and gloom needs to be changed cause its awesome :D but..................... :( .............................i do think there hould be another global spell for +attack and health splitting damage. same for life except no health splitting

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
Not because I'm a theurgist but, doom and gloom needs to change becuase it's kind of a waste of pips and deck room. It's like you're casting infection on all of your teammates, and everybody battling in the duel, even you! I think it should just make all death attacks more powerful instead of just weakening your own team and your own healing spells.

Caroline Sunbright

doom and gloom really doesnt need to change. i say this becaus of 2 reasons
1. it was originally made for 1v1, not team battles
2. it isnt a waste cause a death wizard can use it in a 1v1 and then use the self heal spells like ghoul, wraith, and vampire.
Ryan DeathHeart Grandmaster Necromancer
Ryan Stormheart Grandmaster Diviner

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Aegypti wrote:

Hey, don't judge how well somebody pvps by what spells they don't like :x! There's other ones I don't like other than that one, I was just really angry then wrote that

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Boy Rihanna12, it seems that the statement that "you dont PVP well" keeps following you everywhere you post. This is thread number three that I have found stating that you dont PVP well (all from different users). I find that extremely funny. My question to you is, why do you feel that you need to have a spell changed or removed that isnt even your school of preference?

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Aegypti wrote:

Do you know that is actually a lie? I read in her other post that she is good at pvp. But i completely agree that Doom and gloom is awesome.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:

Caroline Sunbright

I dont see why you have a problem with this when you are not even death. The whole purpose of death is to drain. Therefore, they are draining the power to heal from life wizards, etc. Sure they are hurting their team, too, but i have seen no real problems with that.

See, though, are you really asking death to become more powerful? A death wizard could probably already kick the whoopy out of you. Its like asking KI to raise the power of judgement.

Because death is obviously the opposite of life, well, logically, the life what-ever-its-called does 40% MORE healing power, death being opposite, does 40% less. So that is why doom and gloom is how it is.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:

Caroline Sunbright

she has a point cuz it does weaken your team and yourself from healing i love death but its true maybe it should be kept but it should make one for boosting your attacks
Emily Runner
Magus Pyromancer level 39